Juan Patillo to Western Kentucky

Seymore Cox

Reaction score
Western Kentucky is making itself the home for those with academic issues.

Didn't they get Kevin Durant's brother? Or am I thinking of someone else?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_BYO_6nvdI[/ame]

OK, just looked it up and they did get Durant's brother, Cliff Dixon, a 6-10 juco. Also saw where one of their assistants used to be the OCU coach, Ray Harper. Word was that guy was slimy when he was in town, but he won four NAIA national titles as a head coach.

Wow! They are going to be good in two years with TBoyd and Juan.

Both of them may end up competing with each other being that both fit in more as 4s than they do as 3s. Boyd does have more potential to play the wing. There's a good chance one of them won't be at WKU.

Didn't they get Kevin Durant's brother? Or am I thinking of someone else?

Cliff Dixon out of Barton County, I believe. They beat Mizzou out for him.

Both of them may end up competing with each other being that both fit in more as 4s than they do as 3s. Boyd does have more potential to play the wing. There's a good chance one of them won't be at WKU.

Cliff Dixon out of Barton County, I believe. They beat Mizzou out for him.

I think Boyd will be a three in college. His shot has improved....

Juan will be a perfect fit for their system, and he wont be so undersized in that conference. He will have a great senior year.

OK, just looked it up and they did get Durant's brother, Cliff Dixon, a 6-10 juco. Also saw where one of their assistants used to be the OCU coach, Ray Harper. Word was that guy was slimy when he was in town, but he won four NAIA national titles as a head coach.

Very true 23. He WAS slimy. I am pretty close to the OBU team, as their head coach was my coach back in the day. I spend alot of time with the players, at practices, etc. when time permits. Harper was a jerk and not hard to dislike. He fielded teams with at least 4 D-1 transfers the entire time he was coaching OCU.

After a big game against OBU a few yrs ago, I was in the locker room area with my daughter waiting on coach to come out. OCU had just beaten OBU to win the SAC conference title. OBU had a kid who had transferred in from a D-1 school in Mexico. The kid was pretty highly recruited out of Indiana. Anyway, he wasn't playing much at OBU due to some attitude problems, and the fact that he refused to buy into the team concept which OBU emphasizes.

During the game he had made about 4 3's in a row, but he missed 2 wide open bigs who had dunks or layups. During a timeout the coach was yelling at him to pass the ball. He yelled back and told the coach to shut up because he had just "rained" 3's on them. Words were exchanged and it got heated. The player was pulled and was not put back in, though he was by far the best shooting guard on the squad. The scenario had played out several times during the season.

After the game, the kid came out of the locker room before the team did. I stopped him and was trying to talk to him about his attitude. I had a pretty good relationship with the kid, so I could always confront him about his outbursts. While we were standing there, Harper the coach at OCU and a couple of the OCU assistants passed by heading to do a radio interview. Harper shook the kids hand and told him, " Call me if you want to play somewhere that will let you play". I was stunned at his boldness. The kid told him that he would call, and Harper told one of the assistants to give him a number.

I told my old coach about the situation and he wasn't surprised at all. The kid was found to be academicallly ineligible soon there after. He went back home to Indiana, and from what I hear, he tried to play a little ball overseas but his attitude killed him there as well. Last I heard he was selling drugs and running with his gang in Indianapolis. That Harper guy was slimy.... I will never forget how shocked I was that he was recruiting a guy from another team, right after just beating that team for the conference title.

Jmizzy4ou, did you ever hear of a player at OBU by the name of Al Tucker? He was the best post player in NAIA that I ever saw play.

Jmizzy4ou, did you ever hear of a player at OBU by the name of Al Tucker? He was the best post player in NAIA that I ever saw play.

I agree Norm!!!! He could play. I'm going to find out whatever happened to him.....

Wow, thanks Norm for the links. Of course I was too young to have seen him play myself, but my dad told me all about him. Anyone who is affiliated with the OBU program will hear the stories about him. My dad said that he was considered a bust at the NBA level because his game never = his potential. Didn't know that he passed in 01.

Very true 23. He WAS slimy. I am pretty close to the OBU team, as their head coach was my coach back in the day. I spend alot of time with the players, at practices, etc. when time permits. Harper was a jerk and not hard to dislike. He fielded teams with at least 4 D-1 transfers the entire time he was coaching OCU.

After a big game against OBU a few yrs ago, I was in the locker room area with my daughter waiting on coach to come out. OCU had just beaten OBU to win the SAC conference title. OBU had a kid who had transferred in from a D-1 school in Mexico. The kid was pretty highly recruited out of Indiana. Anyway, he wasn't playing much at OBU due to some attitude problems, and the fact that he refused to buy into the team concept which OBU emphasizes.

During the game he had made about 4 3's in a row, but he missed 2 wide open bigs who had dunks or layups. During a timeout the coach was yelling at him to pass the ball. He yelled back and told the coach to shut up because he had just "rained" 3's on them. Words were exchanged and it got heated. The player was pulled and was not put back in, though he was by far the best shooting guard on the squad. The scenario had played out several times during the season.

After the game, the kid came out of the locker room before the team did. I stopped him and was trying to talk to him about his attitude. I had a pretty good relationship with the kid, so I could always confront him about his outbursts. While we were standing there, Harper the coach at OCU and a couple of the OCU assistants passed by heading to do a radio interview. Harper shook the kids hand and told him, " Call me if you want to play somewhere that will let you play". I was stunned at his boldness. The kid told him that he would call, and Harper told one of the assistants to give him a number.

I told my old coach about the situation and he wasn't surprised at all. The kid was found to be academicallly ineligible soon there after. He went back home to Indiana, and from what I hear, he tried to play a little ball overseas but his attitude killed him there as well. Last I heard he was selling drugs and running with his gang in Indianapolis. That Harper guy was slimy.... I will never forget how shocked I was that he was recruiting a guy from another team, right after just beating that team for the conference title.

I'm guessing you're talking about Bookie? That guy was a mess for sure.

Yep....... Waste of talent.

Thats a major understatement haha a good friend of mine worked really close to the basketball program there and he would always tell me about Bookie's talent and lack of a work ethic.

I've heard so many Al Tucker story by ex-teammates of his. they say he was a guy that could touch the top of the backboard. He was part of a NAIA National Championship team. That is significant because the NAIA teams were on the same caliber as NCAA teams in those times.

Back