Jurick signs with Oklahoma State.... OSU joins the fray.

thebigabd

Reaction score
PG: Cezar Guerrero / Reger Dowell
SG: Markel Brown/Keiton Page
SF: JP Olukemi/Brian Williams
SF: Lebryan Nash/Michael Cobbins
C: Philip Jurick/Jarred Shaw

Well, they are now extremely talented and athletic.

geez....osu is loaded....ford is eating our lunch, good thing he can only bring in talent and cant coach them though

no way cezar starts at point imo...

geez....osu is loaded....ford is eating our lunch, good thing he can only bring in talent and cant coach them though

no way cezar starts at point imo...

He and Reger will probably split time. Cezar is the shooter and Reger is the slasher. I will say that Reger looked REALLY good down the stretch for Okie State last year.

Jurick is a pretty big get for them. They didnt have a center, and they landed a guy who nearly averaged a triple double in points, rebounds, and blocks in juco. Averaging a triple/double is impressive, no matter what level. He also has D1 experience at Tennessee.

At the very least he will be a big center who can defend, block shots, and rebound. They are usually undersized, but not anymore.

OSUx doing pretty well for themselves recruiting. they should have a stout group the next couple of years.

Frustrating that they're doing well in large part because we fired Capel, a move I absolutely don't regret. But Ford's taken advantage of the situation, for sure.

Frustrating that they're doing well in large part because we fired Capel, a move I absolutely don't regret. But Ford's taken advantage of the situation, for sure.

Had Capel stayed do you think OSU's recruiting would have been worse?

I actually don't like the signing for them.

From all accounts, Jurick is more of a traditional center. Slow footed. Not particularly athletic or skilled. I know OSU isn't playing Billy Ball, but I do think Ford wants to play more up-tempo, and more play a pressing/trapping style of D at times, and run when they can. That doesn't play to Jurick's strengths at all.

Sometimes you can plug a player into a system they aren't made for, and they do fine. Sometimes it is a nightmare. I think Jurick will be somewhere in between, but I certainly don't think he'll be as productive as he'd be going somewhere with more of a slow-down approach to the game.

My $0.02.

Edit:
Not to mention, he'll clog the lane for all their slashers. If you have a team full of slashers, you need posts that can step away and score it at least 15 feet from the hoop. If you have shooters, you can get away with a big man that needs the ball near the rim.

Last edited:
Poor little osu, always having to wear big brothers hand me downs. It is obvious Kruger passed on Jurick just like Huggins/West Virginia passed on him.

The pokes will suck as usual and hillbilly will continue being the worst coach in the league.

Not to mention, he'll clog the lane for all their slashers. If you have a team full of slashers, you need posts that can step away and score it at least 15 feet from the hoop.

Their power forward is going to be Lebryan Nash, who can easily step away and shoot out to the 3pt line. You can also get Jurick out of the way by having him set screens for the slashers on the perimeter.

He is gonna be a defensive presence, a rebounder, bring great size, and get garbage buckets on offense.

He will fit their style just fine.

Their power forward is going to be Lebryan Nash, who can easily step away and shoot out to the 3pt line. You can also get Jurick out of the way by having him set screens for the slashers on the perimeter.

He is gonna be a defensive presence, a rebounder, bring great size, and get garbage buckets on offense.

He will fit their style just fine.

We'll see.

I'd also guess that they don't start the lineup you listed above. But that's another discussion.

Poor little osu, always having to wear big brothers hand me downs. It is obvious Kruger passed on Jurick just like Huggins/West Virginia passed on him.

The pokes will suck as usual and hillbilly will continue being the worst coach in the league.

How is it obvious that Kruger passed on him? He had no relationship with the OU staff after Capel was fired so he went down the list of other schools.

How is it obvious that Kruger passed on him? He had no relationship with the OU staff after Capel was fired so he went down the list of other schools.

I didn't understand the post either until I realized who posted it.

FYI: OSU, OU, Georgia, WVU and several others were reported offering him back in February.

PG - Gulley or Dowell/Guerrero
SG - Page/Brown
SF - Nash/Williams
PF - Cobbins/Olukemi
C - Jurick/Shaw

I assume OSU will leave one scholarship to go with Page's for 2012 which means OSU has room for one more.

Are you freaking kidding me! That's two, count em, that were really leaning to OU during the recruiting period, and basically kicked us in the a** by signing with Okie Light. I can't believe with our lack of size, he went with them. Mark it down, they will own us next year (and probably the year after).

PG - Gulley or Dowell/Guerrero
SG - Page/Brown
SF - Nash/Williams
PF - Cobbins/Olukemi
C - Jurick/Shaw

I assume OSU will leave one scholarship to go with Page's for 2012 which means OSU has room for one more.

No way Gulley starts over Dowell.

Are you freaking kidding me! That's two, count em, that were really leaning to OU during the recruiting period, and basically kicked us in the a** by signing with Okie Light. I can't believe with our lack of size, he went with them. Mark it down, they will own us next year (and probably the year after).

blah blah... Give them time.. there is nothing to do in stoolwater and they will get worse over the next 2-4 yrs...

If LK wanted either, I think he could have gotten either one of them...

Who do you want Amath M'Baye or jurick? Ill take someone who has proved it in D1 ball.

I like how Dowell finished, but Gulley is a defensive stopper and much better at distributing the ball.

Easy to connect the dots. Kruger hit the ground running and put the full court press on the guys he wanted. Grooms even come out and said "OU wanted him real bad".

It has been reported numerous times Jurick liked OU best. But there has not been a peep about his recruitment since Kruger took over. OU lands a 6'9" transfer and the next day Jurick has to accept okie jr.

Do you have any doubt Kruger would have had trouble landing Jurick if he went after him the way he went after Grooms?

Back