Kentucky No. 1, OU 20th in Fox Sports' latest preseason poll

Just getting caught up in the hype is all....Makes em look ridiculous when the end of the season comes up and UK isn't in the big dance again...

Just getting caught up in the hype is all....Makes em look ridiculous when the end of the season comes up and UK isn't in the big dance again...

It would be a huge shock if they WEREN'T in.

I don't think UK can be declared the top team till we see them play. They weren't even a tourney team last year and fell apart toward the end of the season. They don't have any talent outside that Top 5 of which 3 are freshman. I think they should make the tourney but it could be a really up and down year.

Look, UK is going to be good....but Calipari isnt going to have the weak Conference USA schedule to prepare his troops by beating the tar out of everyone...they have one of the toughest non-conference schedules in the nation and even though the SEC underperformed last year it still is a formidable conference and tough to win on the road...

I just want to see how these guys play when they lose a couple of games, Calipari never really had to deal with that at Memphis by going undefeated in conference, the only adversity they ever had was losing in the tourney and there is no judging character after that...you just go home...

UK is loaded and Cal can flat out coach. Let alone the fact that they are UK. Uk hoops is like OU football. They get respect. Why wouldn't they be #1? Who would be? Kansas? We all know kansas basketball is like Texas football. Lots of hype, little accomplishment.

UK is loaded and Cal can flat out coach. Let alone the fact that they are UK. Uk hoops is like OU football. They get respect. Why wouldn't they be #1?

Maybe because the ranking is based solely on a recruiting class, considering the returning players they have couldn't even make the NCAAs...

Maybe because the ranking is based solely on a recruiting class, considering the returning players they have couldn't even make the NCAAs...

They would have made it with Calipari as coach last year.

I think Kentucky is deserving of a high ranking but I'd still have KU as #1 (I know you are surprised). Bottom line I think Aldrich & Collins are better than Meeks & Patterson. That's where both those teams start. And then I think Henry is more ready to play as a true freshmen than Wall. I think Wall's learning curve is bigger....his ceiling is higher but may take him a few years to reach it. He won't be as good as Derrick Rose was as a frosh.

UK is loaded and Cal can flat out coach. Let alone the fact that they are UK. Uk hoops is like OU football. They get respect. Why wouldn't they be #1? Who would be? Kansas? We all know kansas basketball is like Texas football. Lots of hype, little accomplishment.

LOL. You might want to try and flame a couple programs who haven't won championships in the last 3 years! :)

LOL. You might want to try and flame a couple programs who haven't won championships in the last 3 years! :)

Seriously Boca, I can't stand either of those programs as an OU fan, and they have underachieved historically but both have been pretty successful lately.

Seriously Boca, I can't stand either of those programs as an OU fan, and they have underachieved historically but both have been pretty successful lately.

To say they have underachieved historically is an even bigger joke. Both programs are historic programs with tons of success. Only a fan of a rival team could make an argument that either has underachieved historically.

"Underachieved historically" :ez-roll:

Kentucky and KU are both in the top 3 in all time wins. Both are in the top 5 in Final Four Appearances. Top 5 in number of national championships.

"Underachieved historically" :ez-roll:

Kentucky and KU are both in the top 3 in all time wins. Both are in the top 5 in Final Four Appearances. Top 5 in number of national championships.

He was refering to Texas and Kansas. Not Kentucky

"but Calipari isnt going to have the weak Conference USA schedule to prepare his troops by beating the tar out of everyone"

I think the SEC is only a little better than the C-USA. They won't be going undefeated in conference this year, but their win % should be around 75% or better. Depending on how Wall, etc. mesh with the returnees.

To say they have underachieved historically is an even bigger joke. Both programs are historic programs with tons of success. Only a fan of a rival team could make an argument that either has underachieved historically.

How many championships does the KU basketball team have in the last 50 years? I think it is 2. For a team that is arguably one of the 3 best teams historically, 2 national championships is underachieving.

As for texas football, they have the resources second to none and have vastly underachieved the last 40 years.

How many championships does the KU basketball team have in the last 50 years? I think it is 2. For a team that is arguably one of the 3 best teams historically, 2 national championships is underachieving.

As for texas football, they have the resources second to none and have vastly underachieved the last 40 years.

LOL, reread your last sentence of the first paragraph. How can you simultaneously be considered Top 3 historically and an underachiever at the same time? That's hilarious.

KU is tied for #4 all time in NC's. How is that underachieving? You might want to lay off Grandpa's cough syrup! :)

Don't be Alabamuh and start claiming drummed up titles from Prohibition. You've got three, right?

Back