Lakers fire Brown

Kobe's death stare at him during the final minutes of the loss to the Jazz were pretty telling that this was going to come down soon. Despite Kobe's comments that he is supportive of Mike Brown, this just was not working and I think the Lakers brass wanted to cut all of the negative media attention and move on.

I figured he wouldn't make it past the break. Didn't think they would pull the trigger THIS fast!

D'Antoni? Would love to see the Nash/Howard pick & roll with Kobe waiting for the kick out.

Word is Jackson was supposed to be speaking at some event, but had to cancel last minute. I don't know if Jackson would coach, but he might be open to consulting or something. Supposedly he still drops by the Lakers offices frequently, but I guess that's mostly due to him dating Jeanie Buss still.

Looks like it's D'antoni or Phil

LOL at that comparison, HOF vs. well, not

The Lakers have servicable role players on their bench; Mike Brown didn't have a clue on how to use them. In their first game without Brown, the bench scored 37 points against The Warriors. Darius Morris had 10 pts, 5 rbs, and 5 assists. Jordan Hill had 14 pts and 4 rbs on 5 of 5 shooting.

D'antoni gets the job.

I wonder if we will ever find out why the obvious first choice didn't get the job.

My guess is, when Phil expressed a desire to skip road trips, Lakers' brass might have questioned his commitment. Also, D'Antoni came at a cheaper price.

D'Antoni is a better choice. Jackson is well past his prime and his system never revolved around the PG. We have seen enough to know the Lakers can't win it all anymore with Kobe playing iso. Gotta spread the rock around & that's what they will get with D'Antoni/Nash.

Might not be enough to win it all but a better chance than Brown or Jackson, especially with the $ Jackson wanted to make all the rules.

The problem with Jackson is that he's probably not going to be into the game as much as he wants was. I bet the talks about wanting to only do home games and having a limited road schedule were a factor. Plus I also think D'Antoni is a better choice for a faster pace style which may be the way LA needs to go.

Back