My Take on the Mo State Game

cowboysooner

Reaction score
It was refreshing to watch a basketball game and not a wrestling match, which is what B12 basketball has become. I thought it was fun.

As for the team, don't you just feel that the kids sort of just "get it" now. Goldwire is a totally different player than earlier in the year. OU and Moser have done wonders for him. Mo is letting the game come to him more and more. Jalen is doing what his skill set will let him do successfully. Etc Etc.
Just love when a team "figures it out" and really starts playing as a team.

Mosely is a terrific player, but he was a little lazy on defense. He will probably fit in nicely in the NBA.

Hopefully we keep winning as I think a trip to NYC would be fun and something new for the kids. They have worked hard and deserve a fun trip.

Focus now has to be getting the roster right for next year. Don't see how we have any schollies to give out but we must as Coach is clearly out recruiting. I would love to see a couple solid portal transfers. Hopefully, the freshman are contributors next year.

I only got to watch the second half and didn’t see Jacob Groves play. Was it because Noland and Johnson were more effective? Saw he played 14 minutes in the first half.

I only got to watch the second half and didn’t see Jacob Groves play. Was it because Noland and Johnson were more effective? Saw he played 14 minutes in the first half.

he started the second half and hit an early second half 3

I'll say again about goldwire. it's been night and day with him since cortes missed a few games due to concussion protocol. he seems much more comfortable running the offense. he just looks like a true pg now. and i have been impressed recently with his elevation to get a shot at the rim. been awhile since we've had a pg elevate over defenders in the paint.

would love to have him back next year. never thought i would say this a month ago, but i wish we could run it back with this team and the incoming recruits.

he started the second half and hit an early second half 3

Yep and he looked good posting the smaller defender up early in the game, too. He got great position under the basket and it was easy money from there.

Mo St were isolating him on defense & having success, also think he had a careless turnover.

Thanks! I actually started watching at about the 17 minute mark of the second half and didn’t see him. Was hoping that he didn’t get banged up, but was impressed with Johnson and Noland.

I'll say again about goldwire. it's been night and day with him since cortes missed a few games due to concussion protocol. he seems much more comfortable running the offense. he just looks like a true pg now. and i have been impressed recently with his elevation to get a shot at the rim. been awhile since we've had a pg elevate over defenders in the paint.

would love to have him back next year. never thought i would say this a month ago, but i wish we could run it back with this team and the incoming recruits.

In my opinion, Jordan was as good earlier this season as he is today. He wasn't making as many plays then, of course, but the talent/ability was there.

I think you're right on with your observation that he seems more comfortable running the offense, and he's certainly making plays at a high level. I believe he's easily one of our 2-3 best players and I'm happy, though not surprised, that many of the "experts" who post on this board were proven so wrong about him.

Back