NBA Summer League Rosters

AdaSooner

Admin Emeritus
Reaction score
In case you're interested, a quick glance at some of the NBA Summer League rosters shows the following former OU players:

Romero Osby.............Indiana Pacers

Amath M'Baye............LA Clippers

Tony Crocker.............Memphis Grizzlies

TaShawn Thomas.......Orlando Magic Blue

Ryan Spangler...........OKC Thunder

Spangler's name is not on the OKC roster I saw, but he was on the bench in this morning's game against the Mavericks. He didn't play, unless it was in the first half and I didn't see it. OKC won by one point on a Cameron Payne three with three seconds left. Cousins is not listed on either of the Magic's team rosters.

I couldn't find the rosters for all of the NBA Summer League teams, so feel free to add any names of interest if you're able to find them.

Interesting that 4 of those young men were transfers to OU.

I hope they do well.

In case you're interested, a quick glance at some of the NBA Summer League rosters shows the following former OU players:

Spangler's name is not on the OKC roster I saw, but he was on the bench in this morning's game against the Mavericks. He didn't play, unless it was in the first half and I didn't see it. OKC won by one point on a Cameron Payne three with three seconds left. Cousins is not listed on either of the Magic's team rosters.

I couldn't find the rosters for all of the NBA Summer League teams, so feel free to add any names of interest if you're able to find them.

Why would Cousins be on a Magic roster?

Why would Cousins be on a Magic roster?

My bad. I was thinking it was the Magic at first, but realized later he was drafted by the Sacremento Kings. I couldn't find their roster online anywhere.

Thanks Ada. Good info. I think M'Baye played for the Clippers last summer, too.

I wouldn't think Buddy would play in the summer league until he signs his contract. Too much risk for injury.

I wouldn't think Buddy would play in the summer league until he signs his contract. Too much risk for injury.

Deals are pretty such slotted they usually play without signing them

Agreed. The first game is July 8th, so maybe the Pelicans are hoping to have his name on a contract by then.

Deals are pretty such slotted they usually play without signing them

Yeah, they are slotted but there is some discretionary room. The 6th pick next year is slotted for $2,931,000 his rookie year but they have the option of paying as much as 120% or as little as 80% of that amount. That's a $600,000 swing either way. If I were Buddy or his agent, I would feel more comfortable with a signed contract.

http://basketball.realgm.com/nba/info/rookie_scale/2017

Every draft pick plays in the Summer League, with a few exceptions (injuried, playing for Olympics, or currently playing for their international team).

Last night's games. Isaiah didn't play. Reportedly out with a groin injury.

Buddy had a tough night from the field. He led the team in scoring with 13 points, but went 5 of 20 in his first outing. The Pelicans lost to the Lakers 85-65.

Was wondering why Cousins didn't play. Also the Lakers rolled out there with 4/5 of their starting lineup for the season. Buddy played with a summer league team

Was wondering why Cousins didn't play. Also the Lakers rolled out there with 4/5 of their starting lineup for the season. Buddy played with a summer league team

Yeah he missed some open shots he normally makes, but also the Lakers length at the rim really bothered him. Had multiple shots blocked and had the ball stolen from him bc he was over dribbling. Some of this is bc his team is terrible and it's also his 1st game. I think when he gets comfortable in his role during the season he will be fine.

Last night's games. Isaiah didn't play. Reportedly out with a groin injury.

Buddy had a tough night from the field. He led the team in scoring with 13 points, but went 5 of 20 in his first outing. The Pelicans lost to the Lakers 85-65.

Will Cousins be out the whole summer league?

Will Cousins be out the whole summer league?

The announcers didn't say anything about a time frame for his return. I went to a different channel as soon as I learned he wouldn't play.

The announcers didn't say anything about a time frame for his return. I went to a different channel as soon as I learned he wouldn't play.

Ok thank you. Really was looking forward to him playing.

Back