NBA Summer League Rosters

Damn that's a killer for Isiah. He has an uphill climb to making the roster.

Isaiah also sat out Saturday's game with what was described as a "mild groin strain." He is expected to play against the Pelicans Monday night. Sure will be strange to see Buddy and Isaiah on opposing teams after being inseparable as teammates the past four years.

Buddy still missed a lot of shots in Game 2, but was more efficient overall. He easily led the Pelicans with 21 points.

http://www.nba.com/games/20160710/UTANOP/gameinfo.html?ls=iref:nba:scoreboard

Yeah, he got a pretty tough welcome to summer league. The Lakers have one of the best, if not the best, squad. It's my understanding Anthony Brown was guarding him most of the game. Brown is much longer (6-7 with 6-11 wingspan), and was able to earn several starts as a 3-and-D last year as a rookie. Granted, the Lakers might have been the only team awful enough for Brown to actually get a start, and even then it was only because of injury/tanking, but that counts for something seeing as most summer league guys won't even be on NBA rosters in a few weeks.

The Lakers have one of the best, if not the best, squad.

Buddy was going against at least 3/5 of the Lakers' starting 5. If they bring Clarkson off the bench with Deng, and rotate Nance and Randle, could be up to 4/5. He seemed more prepared to separate from defenders to get his shots vs. Utah.

Buddy was going against at least 3/5 of the Lakers' starting 5. If they bring Clarkson off the bench with Deng, and rotate Nance and Randle, could be up to 4/5. He seemed more prepared to separate from defenders to get his shots vs. Utah.

Well he better get used to it...ha

AD will help quite a bit in getting him some shots though.

Russell is going to be the only day 1 starter for LA, but 4/5 will be in the 2-deep. It's kinda strange, because I'm used to the Lakers trading away their first round pick and having the entire summer league roster fighting for one potential spot on the actual NBA roster.

Last edited:
Well he better get used to it...ha

AD will help quite a bit in getting him some shots though.

Exactly. This competition is going to be easier than his easiest day in the regular season, but he's also going to have way more help around him. Buddy is a guy that would really benefit from some quality help. He's not set up to torch the summer league the way a guy like Dunn is. IMO, his summer league performance is one of the most meaningless, as he's forced into a much different role than he'll be playing in the regular season when he's surrounded by guys like Davis, Evans, Holiday, etc. It's good experience for him, though.

Buddy found his rhythm with 17 points in the third quarter of tonight's win over Sacramento. He finished with 23 points, 7 rebounds and 5 assists.

Isaiah was still out with an injury.

Buddy found his rhythm with 17 points in the third quarter of tonight's win over Sacramento. He finished with 23 points, 7 rebounds and 5 assists.

Isaiah was still out with an injury.

Thanks for getting my day off to a good start. I went to bed at halftime of that game. Buddy was 2-8; and his two makes were a layup and a dunk. About the only good part of his first half were some nice, crisp passes to set up his teammates. You can tell he has been working on that part of his game. He finished a respectable 10-23 from the floor; glad he went off in the second half with 19 points. He also had 7 rebounds (5 assists), but 0 fouls. I'm guessing the coaches will ask him to step up his aggressiveness just a bit. Regardless, he has gotten better each game...hope he keeps it up!

it will be interesting to see if he can become more consistent within a game. In college he was pretty dang consistant game in and game out as a whole. But he could go a half without doing much of anything and then explode in the second half.

I'm not sure that will cut it in the NBA. Atleast not as a starter. If he can't figure that out, he will turn into a better anthony morrow that only sees time for short stints

it will be interesting to see if he can become more consistent within a game. In college he was pretty dang consistant game in and game out as a whole. But he could go a half without doing much of anything and then explode in the second half.

I'm not sure that will cut it in the NBA. Atleast not as a starter. If he can't figure that out, he will turn into a better anthony morrow that only sees time for short stints

Having folks double and triple KAT will get him easy looks at times. He'll be productive especially if they get a few players via FA or draft over the next few years

Having folks double and triple KAT will get him easy looks at times. He'll be productive especially if they get a few players via FA or draft over the next few years

You mean Anthony Davis, or were you talking about Dunn?

It's crazy the difference a year in the NBA makes. D'Angelo Russell looked like a scrub last year, and I was wondering how he went #2. This year he might be the summer league MVP.

It's crazy the difference a year in the NBA makes. D'Angelo Russell looked like a scrub last year, and I was wondering how he went #2. This year he might be the summer league MVP.

Would trade RW for deangelo Ingram and a 1st

That price is too high given the Lakers could get him for nothing in a year. Just like Philly trying to move Okafor. Other teams will know, and won't pay full price.

Side note.....a lot of talk that the Celtics are trying to land Blake in a 3 team deal.

As a Lakers fan, the furthest I would go is D'Angelo + Randle, and that's only with long-term assurance from Westbrook that he'll stay. Without long-term assurance, I'd maybe part with D'Angelo in a straight up deal.

With the cap situation, and RW likely only being a one year rental for most teams, I think RW's trade value is much lower than most Thunder fans would like to accept. Maybe something like a Brown + Smart + 1st from Boston is about the most I could see them getting, and even then, it seems Ainge has been way too attached to his picks/assets.

As a Lakers fan, the furthest I would go is D'Angelo + Randle, and that's only with long-term assurance from Westbrook that he'll stay. Without long-term assurance, I'd maybe part with D'Angelo in a straight up deal.

With the cap situation, and RW likely only being a one year rental for most teams, I think RW's trade value is much lower than most Thunder fans would like to accept. Maybe something like a Brown + Smart + 1st from Boston is about the most I could see them getting, and even then, it seems Ainge has been way too attached to his picks/assets.

I can't see Ainge giving up essentially 3 top 6 picks for Westbrook. Not even sure they'd go after him. He doesn't really fit what Stevens tries to do on offense. And there is no way Westbrook would commit to an extension. So no. WAY too much.

That price is too high given the Lakers could get him for nothing in a year. Just like Philly trying to move Okafor. Other teams will know, and won't pay full price.

Side note.....a lot of talk that the Celtics are trying to land Blake in a 3 team deal.

those are not close to comparable .... Russell and a 1st is not enough to get russ that is less than the thunder got for serge in the same situation ..

and actually the lakers getting westbrooks bird rights .. is a huge huge deal ..

Back