NBADraft.net has Alec Burks (Colorado) as the #4 pick in 2011

thebigabd

Reaction score
Alec Burks (6'6'' 190) leads all Big 12 freshmen in scoring (303 points) and is the only freshman in the country to score in double figures in every game (18 times) this season.

"Alec is a warrior. He`s a talented young player, which I think people can see," Bzdelik said. "He has an edge to him, in a positive way."

Bzdelik said before the season started that he thought Alec was a special player and would play in the league... He needs to improve his 3pt shooting but he looks legit to me.

Still hard to believe that Mike Anderson didn't offer this kid out of his own state. I mean, the #1 player in your state and one of the best freshman in college basketball doesn't get an offer at Missouri?

Colorado would be having a better year if they could rebound the basketball... They are probably the most atrocious rebounding team I have ever seen. They can score with anyone and have one of the best guard duo's in the country (Higgins and Burks), but they just can't rebound or defend the paint.

Here is is NBAdraft.net eval:

Strengths: Freshman with intriguing size/length and athleticism ... Late bloomer who displays a ton of promise ... Shows the prerequisite size and athleticism to play the shooting guard position at the NBA level ... An explosive leaper with excellent finishing ability ... A good scorer who shows the ability to effectively score in a variety of ways, extremely proficient for such a young player ... Very smooth in the open floor converting impressive dunks and ally oops with regularity ... Has a soft touch and deft body control allowing him to effectively convert drives to the rim ... Shows a quick first step and the speed to get by opponents off the dribble ... Has the makings of being an excellent outside shooter, getting great lift, a high release, fluid motion, plus he's a 78% ft shooter ... Solid vision and passing ability ... Despite a slight frame, shows aggressiveness attacking the rim. He'll likely be able to finish a lot better as he gains weight ... An excellent rebounder for a wing ... Coachable player who has made excellent strides in his short time at Colorado ... Appears to have a lot of room to add strength. Frame appears capable of adding 30 lbs or more ... Defensively he shows quick hands and feet, long arms, plus solid anticipation jumping passing lanes ... His one on one defensive ability will be enhanced by added strength, but he shows the makings of a strong defender with a willingness to improve ...

Wow. They have Tiny going at 17.

I must be looking at a different mock draft. The one I looked at on nbadraft.net has Willie at 19 and Alex and Tiny are no where to be found. Was I in the wrong place?

Good call bigabd- lots of teams missed out on him. He is a good player and I think he's a taller, quicker version of Higgins. I'm surprised that he is thought to be a lottery pick but I can see him with a good career in the NBA. He might be good enough to get into the 1st round this year. That would be hard to pass up since we see guards all the time see their draft stock slip the longer they stay in college- Anderson/ Warren.

I must be looking at a different mock draft. The one I looked at on nbadraft.net has Willie at 19 and Alex and Tiny are no where to be found. Was I in the wrong place?

That is the '10 draft, they are talking about the 2011 mock.

I have heard it said many times here that NBA Draft Express is much more reliable than NBADraft.net. Does anyone have any links to comparisons on how they do pegging players? I'm specifically looking for comparisons on who is more accurate this far out from the draft. A cursory google search turns up nothing.

Big 12 players of note for Draft Express- I'll let someone else post for nbadraft.net

2010 Mock:

1st Round:
6- Cole Aldrich (Jr)
10- Willie Warren (So)
11- Xavier Henry (Fr)
15- Ekpe Udoh (Jr)
21- Dexter Pittman (Sr)
27- Sherron Collins (Sr)

2nd Round:
32- Craig Brackins (Jr)
36- Damion James (Sr)
39- James Anderson (Jr)

2011 Mock:

1st Round:
2- Perry Jones (Incoming Fr)
10- Jordan Hamilton (Fr)
13- Tyshawn Taylor (So)
19- Avery Bradley (Fr)

2nd Round:
31- Tiny Gallon (Fr)
50- Kim English (So)

Comments:

Brackins and Anderson made mistakes by returning. Surprised Jordan Hamilton is rated a better pro prospect that Bradley. Tyshawn Taylor will likely fall off this list. Especially if he transfers as he has indicated he might. Surprised Lace Dunn is not on the 2011 list in the 2nd round. I think there is a place in the league for him.

Last edited:
Big 12 players of note for Draft Express- I'll let someone else post for nbadraft.net

2010 Mock:

1st Round:
6- Cole Aldrich (Jr)
10- Willie Warren (So)
11- Xavier Henry (Fr)
15- Ekpe Udoh (Jr)
21- Dexter Pittman (Sr)
27- Sherron Collins (Sr)

2nd Round:
32- Craig Brackins (Jr)
36- Damion James (Sr)
39- James Anderson (Jr)

2011 Mock:

1st Round:
2- Perry Jones (Incoming Fr)
10- Jordan Hamilton (Fr)
13- Tyshawn Taylor (So)
19- Avery Bradley (Fr)

2nd Round:
31- Tiny Gallon (Fr)
50- Kim English (So)

Comments:

Brackins and Anderson made mistakes by returning. Surprised Jordan Hamilton is rated a better pro prospect that Bradley. Tyshawn Taylor will likely fall off this list. Especially if he transfers as he has indicated he might. Surprised Lace Dunn is not on the 2011 list in the 2nd round. I think there is a place in the league for him.

Without a doubt, reminds me of Quentin Richardson a bit.

Tiny will be a lottery pick next year. He is going to have a monster season due to:

1. A year under his belt to understand the rigors of college basketball.
2. The refs will give him more respect which will result in less ticky tack fouls.
3. Aldridge, Pittman, Davis and possibly Udoh will be gone. He is going to be a mismatch vs pretty much everybody and that 18 rebound game he had vs osu is going to happen often.
4. Even though we are using Tiny as a pure post player he has a sweet stroke beyond the 3 point line which is huge for NBA power forwards.
5. He will be playing on an elite team and get lots of exposure. OU is going to be loaded next year as it will be the first season the effects of the probation will finally be over.
6. Tiny will be the centerpiece of our gameplan next season like Blake was last season.

Last edited:
Tiny will be a lottery pick next year. He is going to have a monster season due to:

1. A year under his belt to understand the rigors of college basketball.
2. The refs will give him more respect which will result in less ticky tack fouls.
3. Aldridge, Pittman, Davis and possibly Udoh will be gone. He is going to be a mismatch vs pretty much everybody and that 18 rebound game he had vs osu is going to happen often.
4. Even though we are using Tiny as a pure post player he has a sweet stroke beyond the 3 point line which is huge for NBA power forwards.
5. He will be playing on an elite team and get lots of exposure. OU is going to be loaded next year as it will be the first season the effects of the probation will finally be over.
6. Tiny will be the centerpiece of our gameplan next season like Blake was last season.

:ez-laugh:

draftexpress is a legit sight ... nbadraft.net is not

I know everyone always says this. And I am willing to believe it! I am just asking if someone could point me towards some sort of comparison or research that has been done to demonstrate Draft Express' superiority over nbadraft.net. If the difference is so stark it should be easy to show. Again, I'm not so worried about their difference in the last couple weeks leading up to the draft when we all know who will be picked where, more or less. It seems a much more interesting question to find out who can identify lottery/first round talent, say, six months prior to the time of the draft.

It's not like thes sights are legit. They all find the top ten prospects in their opinion and rank them down the line. Everyone knows John Wall, Aminu, Davis, Henry, Turner, Cousins, Monroe, and Favors are the best of the best. Then they check out who's having impacts like Wesley Johnson and rank him. If you look at last year, Wesley Johnson wasnt on anyones radar. Also, Bradley, Warren, and Aldrich have had less than stellar years so they've bumped them down a bit. These guys are actually behind the trend, because I can guarantee you that one of the hottest guys out their as far as a talented player is Elias Harris of Gonzaga. This guy is the truth and has alot of room and the most potential out of anyone to improve. He's a top 10 pick and none of these guys even have him rated.

Back