NBADraft.net has Warren going #14

Sooner23

Reaction score
I know it's too early to speculate on this and have no idea how credible NBADraft.net is with their projections, but it raises a hypothetical question to ponder.

Let's say we're at the end of the season and Willie is still projected to go in the 14 range, does he come back and try to improve his stock? Or is he satisfied with late lottery projections and go for it?

I want to say that same site had him in the top 10 after last season. Am I remembering wrong? Also, they have him going to the Thunder at 14 which is interesting in it's own right.

Again, I know this can fluctuate throughout the season, but the question is does he come out after this season if he's projected to be a mid-first rounder.

I know it's too early to speculate on this and have no idea how credible NBADraft.net is with their projections, but it raises a hypothetical question to ponder.

Let's say we're at the end of the season and Willie is still projected to go in the 14 range, does he come back and try to improve his stock? Or is he satisfied with late lottery projections and go for it?

I want to say that same site had him in the top 10 after last season. Am I remembering wrong? Also, they have him going to the Thunder at 14 which is interesting in it's own right.

NBAdraft.net is notoriously inaccurate these times of year and change their rankings week to week. Obviously, most of the speculation is a little crazy being this early but any time you see big swings like that you have to question the credibility of the site.

I think most people still have WW in the Top 10 despite some struggles this year.

If Willie isn't a lock to go lotto, his performance in confence will most likely decide that, I don't think it is out of the real of possibility for him to come back. Maybe I'm just getting excited at the possibility of a lineup of TMG, WW, Cade, Cam and Tiny next year but as close as he seems to be to some of his teammates he might want to come back for a title run (which could be possible).

NBAdraft.net is notoriously inaccurate these times of year and change their rankings week to week. Obviously, most of the speculation is a little crazy being this early but any time you see big swings like that you have to question the credibility of the site.

I think most people still have WW in the Top 10 despite some struggles this year.

The point of the thread is about if Willie goes if he's projected in the 14 range, not about NBADraft.net's credibility. I just used their projection as a reference for a hypothetical question.

The point of the thread is about if Willie goes if he's projected in the 14 range, not about NBADraft.net's credibility. I just used their projection as a reference for a hypothetical question.

That's just the thing, though. If the site isn't credible then the discussion is pretty worthless.

I think after the year WW has had he will be going as long as he is a Top 20 pick and there is nothing he could do that could drop him under 20 (other than injury).

I posted a link last week that out of 41 different NBA mock drafts I believe it was like 60% of them had Willie going in the top 5-6 picks.

So Udoh only has to crawl up 17 more spots to meet the Tim Duncan hype you gave him!

never said he was as good as Duncan. I only compared him to Duncan in that he was a very deliberate, patient player on both ends of the court. Like Duncan in that he doesn't appear to be playing with a whole lot of passion/fire but at the end of night he has a double/double and some blocks.

never said he was as good as Duncan. I only compared him to Duncan in that he was a very deliberate, patient player on both ends of the court. Like Duncan in that he doesn't appear to be playing with a whole lot of passion/fire but at the end of night he has a double/double and some blocks.

I know I am just giving you a hard time. Udoh has been very good this season.

They need to teach him how to make free throws.

Does Udoh give back to the community like Duncan? :)

They need to teach him how to make free throws.

no doubt. He shoots 80% at the end of practice. I think he has fatigue issues still associated with not playing basketball for over a year. No way to simulate game stamina in practice and pick up games- especially for big men.

good one Cheno.

No way to simulate game stamina in practice and pick up games- especially for big men.

Sure, it's called wind sprints, suicides, 20's or a multitude of other things. Like defense, conditioning may be non-existant from the Baylor program. :)

All kidding aside, with all the TV timeouts and everything you get more rest in a game rather than a practice in which you are scrimmaging and conditioning.

What I've seen over the years is guys that hit them in practice but not the games struggle with performing under pressure as opposed to being tired.

no doubt. He shoots 80% at the end of practice. I think he has fatigue issues still associated with not playing basketball for over a year. No way to simulate game stamina in practice and pick up games- especially for big men.

good one Cheno.
Sometimes it's just mental, weren't there stories of Blake being a good free throw shooter in practice last year but in the games it was a weakness.

before the season started, they had WWIII going number 3, behind Wall and Favors. I think if he is projected lower than he was at draft time last year he comes back. No way the thunder draft him.

I definitely have him behind a handful of former OU guards that were never drafted but have been tearing it up in their men's league and/or in foreign countries.

Back