NCAA Tournament - Thursday Game Thread

I really underestimated Mizzou and overvalued Utah State. Mizzou was easily the better team. First tourney win in 13 years.

The Mountain West continues to not perform well.

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/John_Fanta/status/1636456024516460544[/TWEET]

The fact we already have somebody saying the Big XII isn't the best conference proves message boards will argue about anything.

don't do it, princeton. i beg of you. i'll do anything. i swear i'll change.

The fact we already have somebody saying the Big XII isn't the best conference proves message boards will argue about anything.

eh, i tried. it was the monty python argument clinic bit.

Last edited:
WVU and UVA absolutely terrible decisions down the stretch. Two good coaches, and yet their teams just make huge mental mistakes down the stretch.

Had Furman in a few brackets! To the Sweet 16 in one. UVA has been shaky all season.

How many brackets did it take, WT?

eh, i tried. it was the monty python argument clinic bit.

Best and strongest are two different things. Again, any conference strength rating at this point in the season is based entirely off of Nov/Dec games.

Things can change.

I have no problem calling the Big 12 the toughest conference. It is small (number of teams) and has a couple really good teams and no terrible teams. That is tough, or strong, or whatever word that is not "best" that you want to use.

I'm going to let the tournament play out before I call it the best conference. There is no way to use OOC to say which conference is the best in March. There just isn't, no matter how much you all get in your feels about it.

Princeton about to destroy everyone else’s brackets that weren’t already dead

Didn’t fill out a bracket but not surprised to see Princeton defeat Arizona. I suspect a lot of people picked Princeton.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First time I've seen Arizona this year, but man, that didn't look like a very good team to be a two seed. Wouldn't give me a lot of confidence in any other PAC teams I may have picked, especially UCLA who is missing a good player.

First time I've seen Arizona this year, but man, that didn't look like a very good team to be a two seed. Wouldn't give me a lot of confidence in any other PAC teams I may have picked, especially UCLA who is missing a good player.

Yep. They are overrated and their conference is not very good.

Yep. They are overrated and their conference is not very good.

They had some solid noncon wins against top 25 teams like Tenn, SDSU, and Creighton. Maybe not 2 seed, but winning 2/3 against UCLA seemed legitimate.

I really struggled to pick a champion this year.

Bama - legit

UH - good but I've felt all year their guard play and depth just isn't good enough, pretty easy path though

KU - not the third best team in the country IMO

Purdue - ripe to be upset early based on a lot of metrics

Marquette - don't know a ton about them

Arizona/UCLA - just didn't think either one had the juice to win it all

Texas - probably my 2nd or 3rd pick

Gun to my head my top three probably would have been Bama, Texas, and Houston, with Duke maybe coming in at number 4.

watching a lot of bad basketball decisions in the last 2 minutes of these games

They had some solid noncon wins against top 25 teams like Tenn, SDSU, and Creighton. Maybe not 2 seed, but winning 2/3 against UCLA seemed legitimate.

Agree. But I don’t trust early wins and then playing in a soft conference where they also had some bad losses. More importantly they just don’t look great. I guess it is fair to give them a 2 seed based on a crowded field this year but I don’t think Princeton beating them was a huge upset.

Princeton about to destroy everyone else’s brackets that weren’t already dead

Luckily for me, I had Zona losing the 2nd round to Mizzou. Now Furman on the other hand....that was a dagger. I thought UVA was starting to put it together down the stretch.....had them in the Elite 8.....ugh.

Best and strongest are two different things. Again, any conference strength rating at this point in the season is based entirely off of Nov/Dec games.

Things can change.

I have no problem calling the Big 12 the toughest conference. It is small (number of teams) and has a couple really good teams and no terrible teams. That is tough, or strong, or whatever word that is not "best" that you want to use.

I'm going to let the tournament play out before I call it the best conference. There is no way to use OOC to say which conference is the best in March. There just isn't, no matter how much you all get in your feels about it.

Good lord lol. Pointless to argue your previous post with this as your thinking.

Oral Bobs look real bad or Duke is really good.

Back