NCAA Tournament - Thursday Game Thread

Oru is not very tough on defense, the route is on unfortunately.

First time I've seen Arizona this year, but man, that didn't look like a very good team to be a two seed. Wouldn't give me a lot of confidence in any other PAC teams I may have picked, especially UCLA who is missing a good player.

I absolutely love it when Arizona loses, though not nearly as much as the days when they were billed as "Saint Lute and His Leaping Apostles." OU knocked them out of the "Dance" twice, and UNM beat them often enough when I lived out there to cause much angst among that goody-two-shoes fan base.

Luckily for me, I had Zona losing the 2nd round to Mizzou. Now Furman on the other hand....that was a dagger. I thought UVA was starting to put it together down the stretch.....had them in the Elite 8.....ugh.

Tony Bennett wins the award for greatest gap between his regular season coaching ability and his tournament coaching ability.

I absolutely love it when Arizona loses, though not nearly as much as the days when they were billed as "Saint Lute and His Leaping Apostles." OU knocked them out of the "Dance" twice, and UNM beat them often enough when I lived out there to cause much angst among that goody-two-shoes fan base.

The tip in to win it, never forget it!! Pulled my groin celebrating as I ran out the house, i slipped on the entry rug as I ran outside to yell in excitement! Was my hs junior year.

Colgate on their way as the second 15 seed to win today!

I absolutely love it when Arizona loses, though not nearly as much as the days when they were billed as "Saint Lute and His Leaping Apostles." OU knocked them out of the "Dance" twice,

I believe it was 3 times.

88, 99 and 02. 99 was pretty impressive because they were a dark horse team in a lot of brackets because they won it a couple years earlier from the 4 seed.

Duke 74
ORU 51

It was a terrible seeding/matchup. Duke is better than a 5 seed.

Duke 74
ORU 51

It was a terrible seeding/matchup. Duke is better than a 5 seed.

I told somebody today that if ORU got to choose their opponent, I’m pretty sure they’d have chosen literally any other 4 seed or higher, rather than Duke. Maybe even the 3 seeds. Duke was just an awful matchup for them.

vinson was on my wishlist when i saw him last week. he may get some big offers.

I think you're right, but I couldn't remember if Lute was still there for the third one. I thoroughly enjoyed the wins in '99 and in the '88 Final Four.

Back