Need some computer help

BigTime

The Red Wig
Reaction score
So I have the game recorded onto my computer. What would be the best hosting site (hopefully free) that I should use to upload it, so folks can watch it on here?

TIA

I can't help you but I would love to know how to record an internet broadcast to my hard drive. Sometimes during football season it is better to watch a game later.

So I have the game recorded onto my computer. What would be the best hosting site (hopefully free) that I should use to upload it, so folks can watch it on here?

TIA

BigTime-

What video format do you have the game saved in? There are several ways to do this... PM me if you'd like.

Microsoft Recorded TV Show (.dvr-ms) is the file type. PM me if you'd rather discuss it that way. It is a 10GB file, but I recorded an extra hour onto it that I could easily crop, so I bet it will end up being around 6.5GB.

It would probably be best to convert it to MPEG-4 so that it can be maneagably streamed online. I use this tool - AVS Video Converter

If you convert to a reasonable bitrate, you should be able to get it down to two gigs at most.

As for hosting, the file size might not be an issue, but bandwitdth surely will. If hundreds of people stream hundreds (or thousands) of megabytes, it adds up pretty quickly.

If this becomes a regular site feature, you might want to look into what the OUHoops hosting agreement stipulates for a montly bandwitdth limit, and see what sort of upgrade is available if you think you'll go over. The overage charges can be pretty steep... You'll want to be on the safe side.

You also may want to look into the SoonerVision legalities. In this case the whole "may not be reproduced or rebroadcast without express written consent" clause may come into play.

It would probably be best to convert it to MPEG-4 so that it can be maneagably streamed online. I use this tool - AVS Video Converter

If you convert to a reasonable bitrate, you should be able to get it down to two gigs at most.

As for hosting, the file size might not be an issue, but bandwitdth surely will. If hundreds of people stream hundreds (or thousands) of megabytes, it adds up pretty quickly.

If this becomes a regular site feature, you might want to look into what the OUHoops hosting agreement stipulates for a montly bandwitdth limit, and see what sort of upgrade is available if you think you'll go over. The overage charges can be pretty steep... You'll want to be on the safe side.

You also may want to look into the SoonerVision legalities. In this case the whole "may not be reproduced or rebroadcast without express written consent" clause may come into play.

That's what I am worried about. It is one thing to use clips, but to have the entire program probably would break some sort of copyright clause. We may just have to stick to using clips....

Back