New ARENA as part of entertainment District

This pretty much the same proposal that's been around damn near a decade that keeps getting declined.

I will be very surprised if it is much under 10k

this was the old plan

As recently as April, the plan was for a capacity of 8,000.

Also, the funds are anticipated to be 80% private investment.

And regarding a shuttle, there has been a shuttle available from the dorms to LNC that close to zero students use.

Assuming it gets the vote. How soon would they break ground? This proposal is incredible

It's way down on the list of concerns, I'm sure, but any thoughts on how to get the students to the games?

As part of the billion dollar package, they should build a fleet of autonomous EV shuttles to transport students and anyone else from campus to the arena.

Come on, you guys act like the students are homeless with no means of transportation. Most Sooner fans would love to drive five minutes to watch a game.

George Stoia has some of the details on his twitter.

It'll be off I-35 and Tecumseh

https://twitter.com/GeorgeStoia

At the Team Norman meeting this morning to hear about the new proposed entertainment district.

According to this, the new district would be off I-35 and Tecumseh.

Approximately 80% of the plan’s $1 billion cost would be paid through private investment. The remaining 20% would be paid through public sources, per the release. None of the funds would come from the city or county general funds.

OU President Joe Harroz says that OU will serve as a tenant of the arena, renting it from the city.

Rayford Young, father of Trae Young, is speaking now at the Team Norman event. He says that this needs to happen because OU basketball’s facilities are not ready for the SEC. Says he’s going to do all he can to make sure this new entertainment district passes.

The new performance center that would be home to OU basketball would be an 8,000-seat arena.

As recently as April, the plan was for a capacity of 8,000.

Also, the funds are anticipated to be 80% private investment.

And regarding a shuttle, there has been a shuttle available from the dorms to LNC that close to zero students use.

good call on the size .

I guess it's a bit closer than the LNC is, but it seems like it's made more for people from the city to get to it a little easier.

I guess it's a bit closer than the LNC is, but it seems like it's made more for people from the city to get to it a little easier.

almost 15 min each way closer .. plus before and after dining and drinking options ..

Reminds me of the Atlanta Braves battery area. Its a really cool development and I actually think it will attract more students if done right. Having a place to hang out before and after games is pretty cool and something that is lacking at LNC

So sounds like a $200 million arena and $800 million in entertainment and housing construction from private sources?

So sounds like a $200 million arena and $800 million in entertainment and housing construction from private sources?

i doubt they can build the arena for 200 mil ..

will be interested to see that budget projection

Back