Nolan Dennis to

This really pisses me the hell off for some reason.

If you aren't going to come to OU at least don't fling yourself off the face of the basketball world by going to BAYLOR for Christ's sake. And it's not like this guy's some one and done or two and done recruit that can go anywhere and is only really concerned about playing time.

What are the odds you will play in the NCAA tournament once, Dennis, especially considering they managed to blow it with the greatest team in Baylor history this year? So live it up "running and gunning" for 40 minutes a game and make sure you drink lots of Dr. Pepper because you'll need that pick me up after every decent team in the big 12 sticks their foot in your a$$ laces deep and you realize you have to go back to Waco that night.

But you know all this because you've definitely thought this decision through very deliberately, considering Baylor wasn't a thought two days ago and you now have dropped your top two choices without stepping foot on campus.

And remember, no dancing for you on Baylor campus limits.

Last edited:
I think it really boils down to at Baylor he can jack up as many shots as he likes and nobody is going to care, at OU or UCONN he would have to play on a TEAM and maybe only take 6-12 shots a game. Plus, if TMG is running the point and WW is playing the 2, then where would Nolan fit in? He'd be coming off the bench.

Upset that we didn't get him, but good luck to all his future endeavors.

On a side note, with or without him, we are still going to own Baylor over Nolan's four years.

I think it really boils down to at Baylor he can jack up as many shots as he likes and nobody is going to care, at OU or UCONN he would have to play on a TEAM and maybe only take 6-12 shots a game. Plus, if TMG is running the point and WW is playing the 2, then where would Nolan fit in? He'd be coming off the bench.

I agree with playing time being the most important factor, well that and his obvious respect for Coach Drew. He wasn't going to start for OU or UConn (or Memphis) but he will start for Baylor.

As far as Baylor's offense goes, I think some fans don't give them enough credit for what they do on offense. I think fair criticisms of Baylor's offense could be shot selection and that they try to play small ball too often. Shto selection comes from practice, so Drew needs to figure that out. And it appears that Drew finally figured out that he has to play with 2 bigs for most of the game (Lomers and Diene). That said, the offensive system the run is actually pretty good. He just hasn't taught his guys to pass up a good shot so a teammate can have a great shot. But Baylor's offense is actually pretty good and I can see why players would like to play that style. Now defense...that's another story...

I just don't understand why he didn't even take his visits. That's what baffles me. Sure, okay, he'll start immediately. But what's an immediate starting job on a team that's going to lose 12 of 16 in conference play?

I would have loved to have the kid at OU, and I'm not trying to bash him or anything, but it kinda lessens the blow when you think about how rash this kid makes decisions. Dude, if you lived up to the hype, you would have had a starting job in year 2! Sometimes you gotta pay your dues. Take your visits, sit down with all the information, and go to a team that's going to help you develop. Not one that stifles a McDonald's All-American his whole career.

Baylor's approach was very smart. "Hey come visit us before you visit those two". When he did, they closed the deal. Probably offered him a starting spot, but I don't see him starting ahead of Anthony Jones.

Baylor's approach was very smart. "Hey come visit us before you visit those two". When he did, they closed the deal. Probably offered him a starting spot, but I don't see him starting ahead of Anthony Jones.

Anthony Jones is an interesting small forward prospect.. He is 6'10'', really athletic, but all he can do is shoot jumpers and 3's. He is really a true wing player but he is 6'10''.

I will be interested to see who wins that spot, Jones or Dennis.

The interesting thing about Jones is he can get his shot off against anyone. I think he's closer to 6'8 than 6'10, but he's very much like Anthony Randolph, except Randolph is better with the bounce. I think one year in the Baylor system gives him an advantage over Dennis. I think Dennis was offered point and will play more point than anything else.

This is incredible. I was hoping Nolan would come here, but maybe it's good that he didn't because it shows me that he didn't want to compete. Good luck to the kid and we'll see you next year. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!

Drew recruits his freakin ass off. He is the Ron Zook of college basketball. Can't coach his way out of a tampon, but he can recruit with the bigboys.

Is John Wall still in the picture for them? They'd have the making of a decent team with these additions.

Is John Wall still in the picture for them? They'd have the making of a decent team with these additions.

I don't think they have much a chance with Wall or Lat Williams. They still have two ships to give out, so it will be interesting to see what they do with them.

Why does this surprise anybody? This is right in the middle of the bible belt. Baylor is a baptist school and there is no shortage of bible thumping mama's who want their babies going to Baylor.

Why does this surprise anybody? This is right in the middle of the bible belt. Baylor is a baptist school and there is no shortage of bible thumping mama's who want their babies going to Baylor.

Then they should have been doing it for the last 50 plus years. Bad arguement imo.

Then they should have been doing it for the last 50 plus years. Bad arguement imo.

I agree 100%. The Bible Belt mentality is not nearly as prominant as it was, say 30 yrs ago. Baylor has never landed the caliber of recruits, bible believing or atheist, like they are right now. I smell a rat.... You factor in the trouble that the university had recently under Bliss and you probably get just the opposite from the bible thumping moms as Boca called them.

For the record, I'm a Bible Thumpin' dad and I would not want my son to go to Baylor......:boomer:sooner

I wouldnt care where my kids went to college.

I understand that Big. Most good parents are just happy to see their kids going to college, especially if its on an athletic or academic free ride...

I was responding to Boca's assertion that bible believing parents lean towards traditionally christian schools. That belief is as outdated as tight, small, shorts.

Obviously Boca has not spent much time at many christian colleges lately, because if he had, he would recognize that many of the athletes there care little to none about spiritual things. Many of them are there because the school was the best fit for them ATHLETICALLY.

So has this been two recruiting visits and two commitments for Mr Dennis? Don't ever let him go on a timeshare.

Back