Noland’s dad

WichitaSooner

Reaction score
Just saw on Twitter that he replied to a tweet from Bob P about the lack of bench points today and man … it’s safe to say he isn’t a fan of Moser. He criticized him for subbing guys in and out every couple minutes and making it impossible to get in a rhythm. I think it’s safe to say that Moser has lost at least some of the team, as I’m sure Noland isn’t the only one who feels that way. It is a BAD sign when parents are expressly calling out the coach on social media.

If he’s lost the locker room, he’s done. Coaches don’t come back from this.

I think he’s already done. We can’t afford to fire him so we’re stuck just waiting until it becomes affordable to fire him. He’s a dead man walking and so is the program.

His dad *****ed last year too. One of many reasons why I hoped he would portal.

And the fact Noland is not very good pops, haha

I'm not sure it really matters who has played very few players have looked good this year. Uzon and Oweh have had their moments sparingly. Sherfiled is probably the only decent player we have. The rest of the roster can't play good enough to stay in the lineup.

Even if I agree with this particular tweet, you can’t go with what parents tweet. They are the most biased & delusional people when it comes to their kids. You have professional athletes with immediate family members acting like idiots on social media & in arenas.

Even if I agree with this particular tweet, you can’t go with what parents tweet. They are the most biased & delusional people when it comes to their kids. You have professional athletes with immediate family members acting like idiots on social media & in arenas.

Oh I agree, but it’s the fact that his dad actually felt bold enough to tweet it that strikes me. I doubt he would do that unless CJ gave him the green light. And even though CJ has played like crap all season, and doesn’t deserve more minutes, my guess is there are other guys who are grumbling about coaching decisions. This just isn’t something that happens on a team where all the players are bought in.

One my mantras is that multiple things can be true at once:

1. I am not a fan of how PM handles the bench in general. Lots of herky-jerkey and I do think it can contribute to a lack of confidence in the players.

2. Total BS for Noland’s Dad to comment about it publicly. Nonsense really.

200w.gif

I wouldn't say anything if I were CJ's dad but yeah, of course they think their kid should play more, etc.

What they should be doing is finding him a better match for his talent level. SMU seems like a really good fit (without research).

Yes BC, as difficult as it can be at times, parents need to stay the hell of social media when it pertains to their kid and playing time, etc. And as someone mentioned above, you can bet that there is more grumbling behind the scenes. Not a good sign imo.

Oh I agree, but it’s the fact that his dad actually felt bold enough to tweet it that strikes me. I doubt he would do that unless CJ gave him the green light. And even though CJ has played like crap all season, and doesn’t deserve more minutes, my guess is there are other guys who are grumbling about coaching decisions. This just isn’t something that happens on a team where all the players are bought in.

I’m not a fan of PM, but a dad feels bold at every program. Mahomes’s brother & dad, Morant’s dad, Spencer Rattler’s dad, are all examples of idiots that are helicopter parents. Just because the player agrees with the tweet doesn’t make it right.

Yes BC, as difficult as it can be at times, parents need to stay the hell of social media when it pertains to their kid and playing time, etc. And as someone mentioned above, you can bet that there is more grumbling behind the scenes. Not a good sign imo.

It’s not a good sign bc they are losing. If they were winning there would still be player’s family grumblings. Playing time, role, etc..

You guys are correct, it's a bad look for him to be spouting off on social media.

That being said:

1. He's not wrong.
2. He's not complaining about his kid's playing time.
3. If he's saying this in public, you can only imagine what is being said behind the scenes.

Last edited:
It’s not a good sign bc they are losing. If they were winning there would still be player’s family grumblings. Playing time, role, etc..

But it would be behind closed doors, and never get to social media if the players really respected the coach. I mean, I certainly have never seen something like this before in our program, or even with other Big 12 teams.

I agree with the earlier post that he and his son need to find a program that more fits his talent level. Does Moser have issues, and not playing some guys enough up to this point being one of them? Yes. If it were a guy who was super talented and tore it up every time he got in there, that would be one thing. But, It's pretty obvious Noland isn't good enough to play here. He should have transferred before the year. Putting this kind of stuff on social media shows a complete lack of class. If you and your son ain't happy, hit the bricks!

Agree with most…
The kid hasn’t proved himself during the first half of the season when he played more…no?

Parents *****ing is bs…. My kid played juco d1 baseball (pitcher) and the coach rode his players for 10-15 game losing streaks even though he had 10 other pitchers on roster… it is what it is.

Moser’s sideline antics yesterday seem definitely herky jerky and like he’s lost the team…

The one thing, small, but at the end of the game, shot clock off, ku up by 26? He was telling one of our guys to get on the ku guy bringing the ball up…. Really? Lol.

I get playing hard to the end but that was funny… the player just looked at him

I agree with the earlier post that he and his son need to find a program that more fits his talent level. Does Moser have issues, and not playing some guys enough up to this point being one of them? Yes. If it were a guy who was super talented and tore it up every time he got in there, that would be one thing. But, It's pretty obvious Noland isn't good enough to play here. He should have transferred before the year. Putting this kind of stuff on social media shows a complete lack of class. If you and your son ain't happy, hit the bricks!

I agree with everyone that Noland's Dad should not put his thoughts on Social Media. However, I don't believe we know how good any player is on this team because of the poor coaching by Moser. Every single player on the team sans Cortes has regressed. When that happens then you have a disaster. It is funny because somehow they showed their talent against Bama. How did Bamisile average 16 a game at George Mason and can't play a lick at OU? How did the Groves brothers play well against KU in the NCAA and can't do anything now? How did Sheffield regress from Nevada? You know it is the Porter Moser show (or as I call him, Morter Poser), I am not sure what the assistant coaches do. The last staff members could not get out of Norman fast enough. The one thing about Lon Kruger is that he leaned on his assistant coaches a lot, they were involved. With Poser, it is just Poser. I think they all transfer if Poser returns. This may be the worst hire ever by Joe C.

Agree with most…
The kid hasn’t proved himself during the first half of the season when he played more…no?

Parents *****ing is bs…. My kid played juco d1 baseball (pitcher) and the coach rode his players for 10-15 game losing streaks even though he had 10 other pitchers on roster… it is what it is.

Moser’s sideline antics yesterday seem definitely herky jerky and like he’s lost the team…

The one thing, small, but at the end of the game, shot clock off, ku up by 26? He was telling one of our guys to get on the ku guy bringing the ball up…. Really? Lol.

I get playing hard to the end but that was funny… the player just looked at him

I was going to mention this. There was less than a minute to go and he was over there stomping his feet and jumping around. I yelled at the TV, "Go sit down!"

Back