Northwestern (LA)

Robertson will be getting the start tomorrow...

What does everyone think about this second game? I'm a little concerned. There may be potential to be worse than last season and there may be potential to be better. I do think we will be beaten fairly soundly on Sunday though, unfortunately. Just not there yet to compete with top 20 teams, hopefully I'm pleasantly surprised and we've just been playing down to our competition.

What does everyone think about this second game? I'm a little concerned. There may be potential to be worse than last season and there may be potential to be better. I do think we will be beaten fairly soundly on Sunday though, unfortunately. Just not there yet to compete with top 20 teams, hopefully I'm pleasantly surprised and we've just been playing down to our competition.

Again some good and some bad tonight. Turnovers are just going to be a problem...lots of inexperienced players that aren’t used to playing at this level. But there is some young talent that should be a lot better as the season goes on. USF on the road has the potential of getting beat badly.

More raw talent than I've seen on this team in a long time - but emphasis on raw. It's been a while since we've had a player like Williams. Long time since we've had a shooter like Robertson. Fast guards a plenty. Tatum is going to have to produce more or lose her position to Jesse.

Fun team to watch. They are still trying to get comfortable with the speed of the game but we have great ball movement and some good individuals that will play well in most games.

Good to see Murcer get her feet wet. Thought she held up well and had a very good first game. Maddi is going to be a monster on the boards but needs to look for more offensive opportunities. Career best game for Simpson but I still am concerned about her lack of quickness against the better teams. Center will be some adventure for this team. Tatum still doing a great job running the team. Robertson still money behind the arc and is playing a very good all around game. Pellington is unstopable at times. Think Sherri got unhappy with her in the first half. We are still playing a lot of players and won't see what we really have until we are down to the players who will have to carry the load in the big games.

We are still allowing too many weak side treys. Need to be shure we are close enough to close out on the good shooters.

Three bad things tonight.
1) Turnovers. We will have a fair number but should stop with the unforced.
2) Free Shots. Even the good shooters had a bad night.
3) Officials. Horrible. Contributed to a ragged game with their constant whistles.

Fun team to watch. They are still trying to get comfortable with the speed of the game but we have great ball movement and some good individuals that will play well in most games.

Good to see Murcer get her feet wet. Thought she held up well and had a very good first game. Maddi is going to be a monster on the boards but needs to look for more offensive opportunities. Career best game for Simpson but I still am concerned about her lack of quickness against the better teams. Center will be some adventure for this team. Tatum still doing a great job running the team. Robertson still money behind the arc and is playing a very good all around game. Pellington is unstopable at times. Think Sherri got unhappy with her in the first half. We are still playing a lot of players and won't see what we really have until we are down to the players who will have to carry the load in the big games.

We are still allowing too many weak side treys. Need to be shure we are close enough to close out on the good shooters.

Three bad things tonight.
1) Turnovers. We will have a fair number but should stop with the unforced.
2) Free Shots. Even the good shooters had a bad night.
3) Officials. Horrible. Contributed to a ragged game with their constant whistles.

Pretty much agree.

The good news is that we have a lot of scoring options this year. A lot of players are capable of hitting twenty, some with little effort. It seems that we have about seven who understand how to play defense. The rest have some learning to do. We are a much better shooting team than we have been, except at the free throw line. Need to shoot about 500 free throws a day. Just get the touch where it doesn't land on iron with a bang.

Raw is right. But, these kids have not worked together as a unit. Usually, you would add one new person to a rotation that included four that knew the system. This year, we are adding four to one. Havoc until they get some experience with each other.

We do have some people who tend to watch the game at times. The other team gets down court rather quickly, and nobody goes to cover them, especially inside. Fall asleep.

I see some attributes in Aspen and Nydia that can be valuable. I don't know if either will be reliable this year. But, they do have some tools. Nydia knows nothing and must learn from scratch.

We will lose some games. It would not surprise me to see us upset someone later in the year. A game without turnovers and missed free throws, and we would be a tough out. By next year, I think we will be a top twenty team, at least. Good young talent that plays with intensity.

Williams missed out on a double double by going 1-6 from the line, she needs to work on her free throw shooting, the 15 rebounds by Williams was good, but I’m more excited about her 5 assist vs 1 turnover, she’s a willing passer and her decision making will only get better...

Robertson was called the best shooter in high school last year, and I see why... I’m not sure who all Recruited her out high school, but I’m glad she picked OU. It’s early but right now it’s seems like she’s good for atlest four 3’s a game.

Mady played well, maybe she can provide OU with some type of inside presence.

Robertson was called the best shooter in high school last year, and I see why... I’m not sure who all Recruited her out high school, but I’m glad she picked OU. It’s early but right now it’s seems like she’s good for atlest four 3’s a game.

According to ESPN, she also considered Utah, Texas Tech, Weber State, Wichita State, and Oklahoma State

Now that I have had a couple chances to see the team play, I think this is Sherri's best team in years. I thought Ana and Shaina were the best two recruits we had signed in years and all of the new girls are simply better players than we have been getting. Nothing intended to be derogatory about any of our players over the last 7-8 years, but all of this years newbies are just better players.

This being said, last night's free throw shooting was unlike anything I have ever witnessed at the college level. Unbelievable. With a little practice, non basketball players can be taught to hit 25% from the free throw line blindfolded. My dad was a successful basketball coach and one of his favorite sayings was you can teach a donkey to shoot free throws. Just need mindless repetition of basic focused fundamentals.

BTW, if you guys haven't seen G. Gregory you will be surprised at just how good she is. I don't know how Sherri will be able to NOT play her, which makes it hard to guess the lineup next year. Haven't seen Scott play, but she sounds pretty good too.

Back