*** Official Oklahoma vs Virginia Game Thread **

If you listened to the pregame show you know this isnt true at all. Jeff talked to the guys about how this Virginia team is MUCH better than they showed last night and that they couldnt watch last nights blowout as an indicator of their talent.

What is said and what is done are two different things. Every coach says the other team is great (or better than they have shown) and that the game is going to be tough. The problem is getting your team to believe it.

All last year Capel stressed to the guys that we could not outscore people; we had to play defense. But no one listened. I like Capel, but you have to change your approach or bench the offenders. Capel's breakaway chat about last season didn't explain why Capel didn't just sit Gallon and Griffin. We can lose with them or without them. I would have rather seen Pledger get more experience than Griffin dog it.

Defense breeds offense...that sequence we had began with Cam's block.

We have to keep our energy at a high level.

Why have we shot 2 free throws and they have shot 17? Are we just not being aggressive going to the goal?

Man we have no chance at this game.. You can't win with this effort at the beginning of the game.. If we don't play better we won't reach 10 wins.. I've been a big capel fan but I'm close to wanting him gone.. No excuse for how poorly coached this team is.. It's like John Blake but in basketball.. Mid-majors who don't have all stars still are good because they are well coached and we are not well coached

We look completely different from the team that played yesterday.

From the play by play it seems like we can't string 2 or 3 good trips back and forth together.

Well I was wrong about Neal he is playing well.. Yes hes had some soft TOs but he is working out there.. He should play over Thompson here on out

We're just chucking and praying at this point.

I think we need to start playing the young guys more and give some of our starters some rest.

I think we need to start playing the young guys more and give some of our starters some rest.

I'm was hoping that is what tomorrow's game would be for, unfortunately this one is turning into a blowout so why not let the young guys play.

Back