*** Official Oklahoma vs Virginia Game Thread **

Part of our offense woes is no one sets screens this is how offenses are ran and gets players open, futhermore when they come off screens they aren't going hard.. The backscreen lob is open but we never throw it. Got to throw it to make it A threat and make the D work hard

So frustrating I'm not so sure that my high school coach wouldnt do a better job making these kids run offense.. Come on capel

Turnover to start the second half, good to see we're consistent.

SIAP

Here is what is wrong. We played a great game against a legitimate top 15 team in the country. Our guys watched the UVA game and saw them get handled by a legitimate top 15 team. Our guys assumed that we could beat them easily. Capel did a poor job stressing the energy we need. UVA hit shots early and our guys started pressing and playing scared thinking they want to avoid an upset.

Capel should calm them down and stress that we can't get it all back in one possession (i.e., Newell going on a 1 on 4 break and getting blocked). We need to work our offense and get stops.

This is sad. I would guess it will get a lot worse before the year is out. A lot of people talk about how hard this team plays, problem is that even if they do play hard, they are not good. I would guess we will win 10 or less games.

SIAP

Here is what is wrong. We played a great game against a legitimate top 15 team in the country. Our guys watched the UVA game and saw them get handled by a legitimate top 15 team. Our guys assumed that we could beat them easily. Capel did a poor job stressing the energy we need. UVA hit shots early and our guys started pressing and playing scared thinking they want to avoid an upset.

Capel should calm them down and stress that we can't get it all back in one possession (i.e., Newell going on a 1 on 4 break and getting blocked). We need to work our offense and get stops.

If you listened to the pregame show you know this isnt true at all. Jeff talked to the guys about how this Virginia team is MUCH better than they showed last night and that they couldnt watch last nights blowout as an indicator of their talent.

This is sad. I would guess it will get a lot worse before the year is out. A lot of people talk about how hard this team plays, problem is that even if they do play hard, they are not good. I would guess we will win 10 or less games.

we get it. our team isn't that great and we're not going to win the big 12 this year or probably next year. how about all the negative people in gameday threads try and get behind this team and support a team that is working hard to improve.

41-33 !!

turnover and putback BOOMER SOONER BABY !

Holy crap, single digits.

41-33.

Cj with two big buckets.

We'll have 10 going into conference play. Just look at the 5 games we have at home. We should win all of those games. All we have do is win one out of Arizona, Arkansas, and Cincinnati to get to 10 wins.

8 point game.

Back