Official Terrence Jones in-home visit update thread

Here is a tweet from Capel most likely regarding Terrencea:

Off to the west coast for a couple of days! Hope we can make some magic happen out that way!!! Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Here is a tweet from Capel most likely regarding Terrencea:

I'm going to try to catch up with him tonight.

Capel is in-home with Josh Smith tonight.. he's making the west coast five-star tour.

I would love to land one or both of those guys. Imagine both of them... That would be a serious frontcourt duo.

How about those two guys and McCullum to complete the class. That would top the fab five of Michigan.

How about those two guys and McCullum to complete the class. That would top the fab five of Michigan.

Yeah that would be a ridiculous class. It might seriously be fad five good. Honestly, if Capel gets Smith and Jones he can give the last scholarship to my sister for all I care.

exactly....or of he could just give it to Honore. It really wouldnt matter because there wouldnt be much pt left with all the talent we would have. 4-star guys like Pledger, Fitz and Ray Willis would still be fighting just to get backup minutes, even as upper-classmen.

Are we getting greedy? If we get Jones, I would be thoroughly happy. Jones, TJ, and Cam's games compliment each other very nicely. TJ is your power player that can slash and muscle buckets against bigger guys ala DWade. Cam is a guy that can knock down the long range shot, the mid range jumper, and catch an oop on a backscreen. Jones can do it all. He can play point forward, he can knock down a long range jumper, he can rebound and get follow up dunks.

I don't think it is too optimistic to assume Terrance Jones and Doron Lamb could round out this class. It is a little greedy but knowing Capel's past history I wouldn't put it past him if he pulls one of the two or even both in. A class of Taylor, Jones, Lamb and Clark would be huge for the program as you have a one & downer (Jones) two 2-3 year players (Lamb and Clark) then a guy who is gonna be a solid contributer for 4 years in Taylor. I wouldn't even mind a juco like Goff to help build post depth at the 5th spot.

I have hesitated to post it because I don't want to sound like a loon, but I'm gonna say today (9/22) that we get Jones and Smith. I really want to throw McCallum in there too, but I don't want to lose all cred. OU is supposedly leading on both of those guys, and I think Capel is certainly a closer. So I'm saying it...Josh Smith and Terrence Jones will be Sooners.

Don't tease me Elmo!!
I was just ecstatic that we got cam... But if we can somehow get one of the big three we are in on I would not know what to do with myself

I think UCLA is still in the lead for Smith but Capel definitely has OU as a factor in his recruitment.

I have hesitated to post it because I don't want to sound like a loon, but I'm gonna say today (9/22) that we get Jones and Smith. I really want to throw McCallum in there too, but I don't want to lose all cred. OU is supposedly leading on both of those guys, and I think Capel is certainly a closer. So I'm saying it...Josh Smith and Terrence Jones will be Sooners.

That's bold. Too bold. I fell like we will get one, but both? That would be like a recruiting coup to go steal two bluechip players from the west coast. I hope you are a right though. Like I said, that would be a scary post duo.

Are we getting greedy? If we get Jones, I would be thoroughly happy. Jones, TJ, and Cam's games compliment each other very nicely. TJ is your power player that can slash and muscle buckets against bigger guys ala DWade. Cam is a guy that can knock down the long range shot, the mid range jumper, and catch an oop on a backscreen. Jones can do it all. He can play point forward, he can knock down a long range jumper, he can rebound and get follow up dunks.

No greed. I think we all know how quick one twisted ankle or sprained knee or bad takeout food the night before can change a lineup. We want the best players we can get who want to come to play at Oklahoma. Patience is a virtue, lets give Coach time and I think we will be even more please than we already are.

With Coach's recruiting history and our recent good news it's hard to fight the momentum. I'm trying but not very successfully and you guys are not helping.

Yeah that would be a ridiculous class. It might seriously be fad five good. Honestly, if Capel gets Smith and Jones he can give the last scholarship to my sister for all I care.

I kinda like the sound of that. We'd be "Fully-Loaded" next year.
:D

Do we not have any updates on how the visit went and were we stand with jones now?

Back