*****Oklahoma-Nicholls State Game Thread*****

Cade with two drives in a row. Glad to see him take the ball to the rack. Hits both FTs. 39-34 NSU

Make that 9 offensive rebounds for NSU.

Davis going to line for OU.. hit the 1st.. and 2nd.

39-34 NSU. 45 seconds left.

OU gets a steal and Cade hits a 3!!! 39-37 NSU with 00:21 1st.

Great hustle by Tony Crocker!!! Leads to a Davis 3.

I am so confused right now.
grandpa-simpson.gif

NSU travels, OU will get the last shot of the half. 13 seconds left.

What on earth. Poor possession by TMG. Turns it over, his 4th of the half.

Halftime. NSU up by 2.

39-37 Nichols St at the half . . .

OU trails to the Turtles at half time. This is the worst OU team I can remember.

I'm puzzled by the inability to block out on the offensive glass. Nicholls state already has close to 10 OR's already?

For those who have played the game their entire life you would think that boxing out would become second nature.

15 of our 20 shots have been from 3 point range. 0 offensive rebounds to their 8. We're shooting 65% and still trail.

In some ways, I think there is a lack of team chemistry with this group. The local radio broadcast mentioned that Willie warmed up and looked fine, but is not playing; they questioned wether it's disciplinary or if it's just because he didn't practice yesterday. This team really needs to come together because there is just too much potential to not show it.

15 of our 20 shots have been from 3 point range. 0 offensive rebounds to their 8. We're shooting 65% and still trail.

Well, we play with 4 guards, and the three entry passes that I saw led to three turnovers by the bigs.

Our only post threat is Tiny, and he isn't out there all the time. Lando and Ryan have next to 0 offensive post game. Fitz is still feeling his way out there.

I didn't think many of the threes were forced. I do want to see some more drives. Good things happened when Cade, Crock, and Pledge drove the ball.

From what I've seen, our guards are over-rated and our big men are non-existent. We're lucky to still be in this game, so lets just hope we have a shot to win at the end.

OU might be the worst team in the Big 12. I'm just trying to let that set in... :mad:

Not easy.

For those who have played the game their entire life you would think that boxing out would become second nature.

Not only second nature, but it's something you learn to do in elementary school. I'm baffled by the poor fundamentals this team has exhibited so far. If it doesn't get better (and I'm optimistic it will )we're in for a long, disappointing season. :confused:

Thanks for the updates, guys! I can't even find the game on a radio feed tonight.

Back