Oklahoma vs UAPB game thread

This is a crappy South Carolina team in November. See the difference between OU crowds? No wonder we suck because we have no fan support, no admin support, and no major BMDs. OU basketball is in purgatory.

[TWEET]1591260425571557376[/TWEET]

There was a time when I would agree with you about the support. My sentiment was: "These are just college kids, and they need the full support of the university." It's not like they are professionals who get paid."

But now...I don't feel that way with the NIL. These kids now have the opportunity to make pretty decent money. They make money using the university one way or another. It doesn't matter if any fans show up. These kids should play hard because that's what they get paid to do. Obviously, you need university support to GET players to OU, but we can't blame lack of performance on fan, admin, university support, etc. You get paid to play basketball at a high level at OU. So do it.

Being a jerk is not posting anything until he’s assured that we win and then rushing in here to troll people

Many people (me included) avoid the game threads like the plague because a certain faction of fans ***** and moan throughout any game that we're not winning by 20 or more points. If that means I shouldn't post after the game (not saying your comment was directed at me), fair enough. I will willingly not post if it means not having to endure the relentless negativity that is typically seen in most game threads on this board.

Personally, I didn't dog Hill after last game (I know, the comments probably weren't directed at me). Think I said something simple like: "that's a game he'll want to forget". He played great for the most part. I didn't love the effort up 4, giving up the easy layup.

But yeah, obviously, he was a different kid tonight vs Game 1. From the tip, you could see he was on a mission.

most of my "low IQ" comments were/are directed at Tanner. He has such a bad feel for what he should be doing out there. Still, which means, it won't really change especially defensively (much like Manek in the past). Like on the last foul he made, instead of standing straight up with his arms up, he jumps at the UAPB player's weak shot attempt. You're 6'10, dude. Keep your position. If he scores, okay, move to the other end.

He reminds me of a 7'0 dude I used to play (high level) rec with. D1 (UTRGV). 3 years older than me, was out of college. Frustrating guy. Had to repeatedly tell him simple things like, "don't bring the ball down, you're minimizing your main strength - your height".

Any win is a good win. Watch the tape, get better. No other choice.

This is a crappy South Carolina team in November. See the difference between OU crowds? No wonder we suck because we have no fan support, no admin support, and no major BMDs. OU basketball is in purgatory.

[TWEET]1591260425571557376[/TWEET]

if OU plays osu in non con in 3 years in the first week of the season the LNC would be sold out and full also ..

Many people (me included) avoid the game threads like the plague because a certain faction of fans ***** and moan throughout any game that we're not winning by 20 or more points. If that means I shouldn't post after the game (not saying your comment was directed at me), fair enough. I will willingly not post if it means not having to endure the relentless negativity that is typically seen in most game threads on this board.

It was not directed at you and I have zero problem with anything you post. (Although you do have your crimson goggles on a lot lol).

Do you guys think Jacob should be starting and playing major minutes?

if OU plays osu in non con in 3 years in the first week of the season the LNC would be sold out and full also ..

You will always make excuses. Fact is, the OU basketball program has no support and that’s reflected in our mediocrity. Moser isn’t going to get anyone excited about OU basketball. The program is in purgatory forever.

Personally, I didn't dog Hill after last game (I know, the comments probably weren't directed at me). Think I said something simple like: "that's a game he'll want to forget". He played great for the most part. I didn't love the effort up 4, giving up the easy layup.

But yeah, obviously, he was a different kid tonight vs Game 1. From the tip, you could see he was on a mission.

most of my "low IQ" comments were/are directed at Tanner. He has such a bad feel for what he should be doing out there. Still, which means, it won't really change especially defensively (much like Manek in the past). Like on the last foul he made, instead of standing straight up with his arms up, he jumps at the UAPB player's weak shot attempt. You're 6'10, dude. Keep your position. If he scores, okay, move to the other end.

He reminds me of a 7'0 dude I used to play (high level) rec with. D1 (UTRGV). 3 years older than me, was out of college. Frustrating guy. Had to repeatedly tell him simple things like, "don't bring the ball down, you're minimizing your main strength - your height".

Any win is a good win. Watch the tape, get better. No other choice.

Your comments were not "low IQ" at all.....they had merit. I think we all are a little frustrated with various components of this team....with me, it's the offensive system we are trying to run. When I see well played basketball....I say it, but I also don't go mute if the performance is below certain standards. And if that bothers a few saintly fans on here, they can stick it in their ear.

I thought Hill was "the guy" tonight and Sherfield was great in the second half. Like you, I think Tanner needs to be more assertive and look for his shot. Not sure what is going on with CJ, but he has not been giving us as many quality minutes as we all would like when he is out there. This was just a tough matchup for J. Groves tonight.....from an athletic standpoint, he didn't stand much of a chance against guarding any of those guys except their big man.

Steverocks35’s post was directed at me. He didn’t like it when I called him out for being a sarcastic jerk. Maybe I misjudged him. I’ll be happy to admit I was wrong.

Here’s the post. The game was over and most of us were happy with the win:

Originally Posted by steverocks35 View Post
Yeah this win was amazing. The team looked awesome.
I’m sure we will see APB again in the final four.

Steverocks35’s post was directed at me. He didn’t like it when I called him out for being a sarcastic jerk. Maybe I misjudged him. I’ll be happy to admit I was wrong.

It was for me. All good

It wasn’t directed at you. It was directed at the person that likes to wait until a win is assured and then rush in here to troll everyone and remind them of something they said or predictions they made in previous threads or previous days. Not you.

Last edited:
Back