Oklahoma vs UAPB game thread

Man tcu not gonna win any games either.

Ou beat this team 8x worse.

Solid last minute of the game. This team is going to take a bit for Moser to learn who needs to be on the floor and who plays best with who. Never complain about a win.

Haven’t got to see any of the game, only the score. TCU that is ranked 8th beat them by one.

Enjoy the win. We may only get 12-15 more this year.

Hill was great tonight but let’s see if we get some consistency. We don’t need him to disappear inexplicably for entire games or series of games.

Nice win imo. Saw progress. It may take awhile to gel with so many pieces.

Maybe we will be opposite of Kroger’s teams. Start slow but finish hot

Groves brothers had 7 points between them. Frankly we looked better when they were on the bench.

Not going to get a lot easier. UNC Wilmington only lost to UNC by 13.

Well.....it was a win, which is better than a loss. That's about all I can say....sigh. Better play at the very end, but the offense is a dumpster fire. We got the "good" Hill tonight thankfully. I really like Sherfield and want the ball in his hands every time down the floor. Milos needs more minutes....preferably CJ's minutes. What in the hell has happened to him?

This team has a helluva long way to go.

Nice win imo. Saw progress. It may take awhile to gel with so many pieces.

Maybe we will be opposite of Kroger’s teams. Start slow but finish hot

I predicted, in the season record prediction thread, that OU would win eighteen or nineteen games this year. They would start slow but get better through time. I would consider that a win.

I will say, clearly the Europe trip didn't do much in terms of gelling the team on the court.

This is a crappy South Carolina team in November. See the difference between OU crowds? No wonder we suck because we have no fan support, no admin support, and no major BMDs. OU basketball is in purgatory.

[TWEET]1591260425571557376[/TWEET]

I'm very pleased with the win, though of course there was much frustration throughout. I'm not very good at judging talent, but UAPB looked much more talented than their Kenpom ranking (in the 300s). There were two or three guys on their team I'd be happy to see on ours.

The missed free throws were maddening. Thankfully, we hit them down the stretch, but sheesh, we missed a bunch in the first half and early in the second.

We missed so many shots at the rim (especially in the first half--we did better in the second). I was intrigued to see how buckets UAPB scored that came down from high off the backboard. Our shots on drives are generally more horizontal and too often fall short or rim out or get blocked. I don't know if those higher bank shots are generally a wise choice, but they sure worked for UAPB tonight.

The refs were not top tier. They badly missed several calls. That blocking call on Hill late-ish in the game was absurd. It should have been either no foul and a travel or a charge. No freaking way it was a block.

Great to Hill at his best and I was pleased to Sherfield bounce back in the second half. His free-throw stroke is smooth.

Back