Oklahoma vs UAPB game thread

Oh you don’t avoid the people you call clowns. You rush in here to troll them when the game is over. But only if we’ve won.

I’m here more times a day than most.

Game threads are a pit of misery. Just came tell folks Jalen hill can hoop.

Your comments were not "low IQ" at all.....they had merit. I think we all are a little frustrated with various components of this team....with me, it's the offensive system we are trying to run. When I see well played basketball....I say it, but I also don't go mute if the performance is below certain standards.

I thought Hill was "the guy" tonight and Sherfield was great in the second half. Like you, I think Tanner needs to be more assertive and look for his shot. Not sure what is going on with CJ, but he has not been giving us as many quality minutes as we all would like when he is out there. This was just a tough matchup for J. Groves tonight.....from an athletic standpoint, he didn't stand much of a chance against guarding any of those guys except their big man.

Tanner wasn't as bad as I'm making him out to be. I got a little frustrated at a certain sequence...

...he got the ball stolen and instead of just running down on defense, he fouled the player. Too old for that stuff. Then on the very next play defensively, he had no idea that he was getting (back)screened (some of that is on his teammate(s) - no idea if they called it out though), his man scored. Frustrating stuff when you're in a dogfight.

Both Hill and Sherfield came into the game with an edge to them. They didn't want to lose 2 games in a row.

I agree with you on Jacob defensively but still would be nice to get something offensively game in/game out. Consistency is needed.

It wasn’t directed at you. It was directed at the person that likes to wait until a win is assured and then rush in here to troll everyone and remind them of something they said or predictions they made in previous threads or previous days. Not you.

Fair enough. We should all be happy for the win! BOOMER!

I talked about it on the Jalen hill isn’t a good player thread. Keep up. I know it’s hard.

I didn’t agree with the Jalen hill hate. He’s a good player. He was just the lightning rod for a ****ty performance in game one.

However, this team isn’t very good and that’s a shame because we have several good players. We shouldn’t be this bad, but here we are.

I didn’t agree with the Jalen hill hate. He’s a good player. He was just the lightning rod for a ****ty performance in game one.

However, this team isn’t very good and that’s a shame because we have several good players. We shouldn’t be this bad, but here we are.

Ugly ugly. 100% agree.

So just because we didn’t score it as well as tcu. Top 20 team.

They have elite 8 sights and we are gonna win 6 games this year.

Didn't watch or listen to the game, sounds like I didn't miss much

You missed a hardfought win against a gritty team that had some talented players. Not a thing of pure beauty, but a Sooner win and a step forward after a Game 1 loss.

I didn't get to watch the game, but I will say taking Arkansas PB +27 is one of the easier betting decisions I've made in quite some time.

I was encouraged by the team's demeanor. Outside of Sherfield's frustration going into half, which he dealt with quite well in the second half, I thought the team looked more energized, engaged, and generally happy to be playing together last night. Nowhere to go but up after game 1, but it's still progress.

As has been said, we have to get more out of Noland. Just a vacuum at the wing position currently.

I love his shooting, but I'm concerned about Sherfield's athleticism against pressure defense. It looks like Uzan is quicker to turn the corner and make the defense pay for no cushion, but he's still green when it comes to decision making.

I loved the effort to utilize Tanner in the post when UAPB
was extending defense to the 3 pt line, but wish it would have come sooner and more often (as others have already said).

Finally, I thought we got substitution happy again in 2nd half. I'm wondering if coaches are still trying to figure out what they have to work with. I know Sherfield, Uzan, Hill, and Tanner are our top 4 players (in no particular order), but after that it's a big jumble right now.

Our defense is quality but is still soft inside. You can't focus on the occasional play where the defense is bad but have to look at the whole picture. Moser is a quality defensive coach.

The offense on the other hand is Sampson on steroids, but Kelvins offense got people open for shots and he always had a go to guy to control the end of the game. Moser's offense is too much one on one with guys trying to penetrate and no one getting open for a dish off. Moser has some growing to do to compete with the top teams in the Big 12 on offense.

As for the negative posts, I really object to the personal attacks. Sometimes we can be up 20-25 points and the game thread sounds like we are getting blown out. Some just pick at every negative play and every mistake.

I thought the officiating was poor. Missed calls on out of bounds and called fouls with little or no contact. Some really bad calls against the Sooners late in the game.

Last edited:
I thought the officiating was poor. Missed calls on out of bounds and called fouls with little or no contact. Some really bad calls against the Sooners late in the game.

Aside from a couple of calls late, I thought the officiating really worked in our benefit all game and was a big reason we pulled it out. Despite our atrocious FT shooting in the 1st half, we still made 10 more FTs than them in the whole game. Our offense was at a standstill, and we were still able to generate some points at the line, and a lot of those calls were pretty ticky-tack. UAPB's best player, Doss, was in foul trouble most of the game, which limited his aggressiveness too.

I didn't get to watch the game, but I will say taking Arkansas PB +27 is one of the easier betting decisions I've made in quite some time.

No doubt. They should have just sent the money the second you made the bet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back