Orlando Allen Predictions: June 19th

You have been hatin on the kid for over a year now. I am not saying that Orlando is an all-star, but he is a better player than you are giving him credit for. Ask his teammates. Ask people watching the pick-up. Ask his coaches. I know that you know basketball (particularly Tulsa-area basketball) but you might just be wrong on this one, bud.

I dont normally pump the sunshine unless you are supposed to finish 8th-12th in the league, but I am with bigtime on this one.

You have been hatin on the kid for over a year now. I am not saying that Orlando is an all-star, but he is a better player than you are giving him credit for. Ask his teammates. Ask people watching the pick-up. Ask his coaches. I know that you know basketball (particularly Tulsa-area basketball) but you might just be wrong on this one, bud.

If I am wrong it won't be the first time.

I go by what I see and I haven't seen much. With that being said, I have laughed more than I have said, wow good move or good rebound when he is in.

I hope i am wrong, however I guess I will 'keep hatin' until he does something to make me think otherwise.

Just out of curiousity, what is his strengths? It isn't rebounding, it isn't scoring.

Screening?
Post Defense?

If I am wrong it won't be the first time.

I go by what I see and I haven't seen much. With that being said, I have laughed more than I have said, wow good move or good rebound when he is in.

I hope i am wrong, however I guess I will 'keep hatin' until he does something to make me think otherwise.

Just out of curiousity, what is his strengths? It isn't rebounding, it isn't scoring.

Screening?
Post Defense?

I would say shot-blocking and altering shots. He has gotten better on the glass, but agree that he is not great. His post defense drew big reviews last off-season but it didn't show during the games. I don't think he ever felt comfortable out there last year. Hopefully that will come this year fairly quickly.

So yeah, shot-blocking and post defense.

Cool. I have only seen him in the little time he played last year, that is why I asked.

If Allen is the starter for OU then I seriously lower my expectations for OU next year.

I would go with Wright over Allen. If Allen is the guy I would rather go with 4 guards and Tiny than have Allen the 5th starter.

Great kid, even better team player. That doesn't mean he should play.

I think you are looking at this the wrong way. If Big O is the starter, it means that he has continued to improve. It would me that Capel thinks he is a better player than Wright. I think it can only be a good thing, if Big O puts in the work to earn the starting spot.

Orlando appears to be the starter at center, which is definitley concerning considering he only played sparingly last year and we know he is a project. He continues to be the hardest worker on the team and is losing more and more weight every month as we head into the summer.

Fitzgerald is too small and not ready (IMO), and an out of shape, raw Orlando passed Ryan Wright on the depth chart last year.

PG: TMG
SG: WW
SG: TC
PF: Gallon
C: Big O

I think you will see these 5 guys take the floor...

What do you predict for Orlando? Points? Rebounds? Blocks? Minutes? Role on team?

I will say 5.5 points, 5 or 6 rebounds, 1.5 blocks, and about 20 or so minutes per game. His role on the team will be to rebound, get garbage points, and be 6'11'' 260 and try to be a good defender in the post....

That is a big team and gets really big when Cade Davis, Stephen Pledger or Ray Willis replaces TMG.

I think Orlongo Allen is going to impress people. I think he gets close to double double production, probably averaging about 10 points and 8 boards a game.

Can he corral a rebound with one hand? Can he catch an entry pass? Can he accept a feed into the post and not immediately bring the ball down a la Dwight Howard?

I've yet to see him do any of those things. We hear a lot about his improvement. If he's improved in other areas but not addressed the three things above then color me very concerned with what our post production will be in 2010.

Back