OSU fans respond to the Clark news....

thebigabd

Reaction score
"Clark to the F-ing goons"

"Man this has been a ****ty weekend. I really thought we had a better than 50% chance of landing him. Man I hate the F-ing goons. I will not be able to take them being good at basketball year in and year out."

"I DIDNT SEE THAT ONE COMING."

"Yep, from his interview on scout, it sounded like Olukemi wanted to commit. But Ford and co. weren't accepting it until Clark made his mind up."

"Oh, well. He's lost to the dark side now."

"I cannot handle the Gooners becoming dominate in basketball. With the way they have been recruiting it is headed that way."

Here is the best one, considering the timing of the Olukemi verbal:

"I hate inform you this but the staff wanted JP over Cam. JP can score and projects to be a lock down defender + he will be here to practice this december/Jan. The extra 3.5 months of practice + being 2 yrs older will help him be prepared next year. Cobbins was a lot more important recruit than Cam. We needed a 6-9 PF a lot more than another 6-6 wing."

I do agree that Cobbins was a more important recruit that Clark for OSU. Of course I'd rather have Clark than Olukemi (How the hell do you pronounce that? O - loo - cuh - may? O - loo - kay- me?), but he seems like a pretty darn good consolation prize.

Found this gem on Orangepower
Markel Brown will end up being better that Clark, this kid is on the rise bigtime and they say he may end up being 6-8 with a bigtime shot, don';t need cc anymore

Oh and a typical Poke team is on the rise comment just for fun
Call me crazy, but I think #2 in the Big 12 is up for grabs, after KU. Texas is losing some good players, and are going to be relying on underclassmen to step up. The same can be said for a lot of other teams in the Big 12. I think we'll have a legit shot on taking the second spot.

Plus, we get KU at home this year
I'm gonna go ahead and call him crazy.

"I DIDNT SEE THAT ONE COMING."

Beautiful. This must be the same OSU fan who choked T.J. Ford after he dove into the stands for the loose ball way back when. The fan said he was just trying to protect his wife, who he thought Ford was possibly trying to attack. Only an intellectual like that wouldn't be able to see the Clark to OU writing on the wall.

Plus, we get KU at home this year

:ez-roll:

Here is the best one, considering the timing of the Olukemi verbal:
"I hate inform you this but the staff wanted JP over Cam. JP can score and projects to be a lock down defender + he will be here to practice this december/Jan. The extra 3.5 months of practice + being 2 yrs older will help him be prepared next year. Cobbins was a lot more important recruit than Cam. We needed a 6-9 PF a lot more than another 6-6 wing."

I think anybody would take Clark over Olukemi, but JP is absolutely no scrub. I'm really, really high on him. The guy is a three-year player who DOES project to be a real solid defender.. physical player who can knock down shots from long range or take it with power to the basket.. and most importantly for the Cowboys, he uses his body to get rebounds. I think he is fantastic for the Cowboys system.. can play inside or outside.. can shoot, rebound. Great versatility and that fits Ford's system really well.

I think he'd have been a great get for Oklahoma if they'd offered, but the Cowboys are a perfect fit, IMO. Good choice by him. He's going to be a good player there.

Last edited:
What really excites me about Clark, is that he has all these tools before ever suiting up in C&C. With Coach Capel and his staff coaching him up, who knows how high his ceiling can reach.

Olukemi is definitely a nice backup, and certainly no bottom feeder, but there is a reason why Travis Ford waited until Clark made a decision before officially offering. Guys like Cam are the guys you build championships on.

Coach Capel is stockpiling quite an arsenal of talent in Norman. And the best part is -- we have all of 2 dang commitments.:D

If Capel lands more than one of the Top 20 guys we are in on, he deserves a crown and a throne; if he shocks the world by pulling in Harrison Barnes... Wow... talk about the coup of the young century...

So CC could now refer to...

Crimson and Cream
Coach Capel
Cameron Clark

I think anybody would take Clark over Olukemi, but JP is absolutely no scrub. I'm really, really high on him. The guy is a three-year player who DOES project to be a real solid defender.. physical player who can knock down shots from long range or take it with power to the basket.. and most importantly for the Cowboys, he uses his body to get rebounds. I think he is fantastic for the Cowboys system.. can play inside or outside.. can shoot, rebound. Great versatility and that fits Ford's system really well.

I think he'd have been a great get for Oklahoma if they'd offered, but the Cowboys are a perfect fit, IMO. Good choice by him. He's going to be a good player there.

No doubt, I was excited about Olukemi if things fell through with Clark. It will be interesting to see how Olukemi does at OSU vs. Clark at OU.

I like the fact that olukemi will graduate from juco in december and be on campus in January. He sounds like a good get, though certainly would have loved to get clark. I agree, it will be interesting to see how the two fair.

I like the fact that olukemi will graduate from juco in december and be on campus in January. He sounds like a good get, though certainly would have loved to get clark. I agree, it will be interesting to see how the two fair.

Olukemi may be a little bit more mature physically, but Clark is far more skilled. It will be interesting to see Olukemi's roll at OSU. Will he play the four? Will he be a guy that they just use to match up on top wings. OSU seems to be getting a ton of guys that they will turn to to score and Olukemi may not get much of an opportunity on that end.

Are they going to play him in the second semester?

Are they going to play him in the second semester?

nope, he will just resume his redshirt year and start next season with 3 years to play. But he will be practicing and learning the system from January to the start of the next season.

It will be interesting to see Olukemi's roll at OSU. Will he play the four? Will he be a guy that they just use to match up on top wings. OSU seems to be getting a ton of guys that they will turn to to score and Olukemi may not get much of an opportunity on that end.

I bet he plays a 3/4 role at OSU and plays a bunch of minutes... he could either play with Pilgrim and Moses for a year or come off the bench, but the next year or two he might play up front with Cobbins...

Beautiful. This must be the same OSU fan who choked T.J. Ford after he dove into the stands for the loose ball way back when. The fan said he was just trying to protect his wife, who he thought Ford was possibly trying to attack. Only an intellectual like that wouldn't be able to see the Clark to OU writing on the wall.

:ez-roll:

That post was sarcasm. That guy knows his stuff.

Going to orangepower.com to see what typical OSU fans have to say is like going to the State Fair to see how typical Oklahoman's look and dress.

Man I hate the F-ing goons. I will not be able to take them being good at basketball year in and year out."

I wonder where this genius has been for the past 25+ years.

I wonder where this genius has been for the past 25+ years.

I was talking to a friend of mine yesterday (OSU fan) and he essentially made the same comment. I reminded him that OU is the second winningest program in the Big 12 and that OSU has only finished above Oklahoma one time since the Big 12 formed.

Of course, he still thinks OSU is the basketball school.

I was talking to a friend of mine yesterday (OSU fan) and he essentially made the same comment. I reminded him that OU is the second winningest program in the Big 12 and that OSU has only finished above Oklahoma one time since the Big 12 formed.

Of course, he still thinks OSU is the basketball school.

:ford Silly Aggie! haha

:ford Silly Aggie! haha

That is a reason to be thankful for :kelvin

Glad we have :jcapel, but :kelvin did quite a bit in keeping our program respectable when things could have really gone to crap.

Back