OSU's Lebryan Nash wins the MCDAA slam dunk contest

thebigabd

Reaction score
LeBryan Nash (6'7'' 230) won the MCDAA Slam Dunk Contest last night. Guy is a freak. He does his last dunk in a big Pistol Pete hat.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_Y8HmegdDQ[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxjkMuScur8[/ame]

PG: Reger Dowell/Cezar Guerrero
SG: Markel Brown/Keiton Page
SF: JP Olukemi/Brian Williams
SF: Lebryan Nash/Roger Franklin
C: Jarred Shaw/Michael Cobbins

Markel Brown is gonna be a star, Lebryan Nash is gonne be a star. Dowell, Olukemi, and Page are all good players. They are VERY athletic too.

They suck at center, and will need Shaw and Cobbins just to be decent.

LeBryan Nash (6'7'' 230) won the MCDAA Slam Dunk Contest last night. Guy is a freak. He does his last dunk in a big Pistol Pete hat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_Y8HmegdDQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxjkMuScur8

Markel Brown is gonna be a star, Lebryan Nash is gonne be a star. Dowell, Olukemi, and Page are all good players. They are VERY athletic too.

That is one horrid shooting lineup.

If Nash keeps his attidue in check he will be a 15+ point a night guy as a freshman. If not, I would see him being a 10-12 a night guy and then still leave after his freshman year.

That is one horrid shooting lineup.

Ya they need Brown to be able to hit shots, but he needs to be in the game over Keiton Page. Page just jacks up horrible shots all game and is a huge liability. But at least he can hit some 3's.

Olukemi likes being a 6th man so maybe they will go with Dowell, Page, Brown, Nash, and Shaw.

Ya they need Brown to be able to hit shots, but he needs to be in the game over Keiton Page. Page just jacks up horrible shots all game and is a huge liability. But at least he can hit some 3's.

Olukemi likes being a 6th man so maybe they will go with Dowell, Page, Brown, Nash, and Shaw.

Lets not rule out Gulley...he was their starting PG the past 2 years.

i dont think he ever jacks up bad shots.. if anything he needs more looks from 3.. the only thing keeping him from being a stud player is his height for Rebounds and getting more looks.

I'd be really surprised if Page doesn't start at the 2. Also think Cobbins or maybe a JUCO would start over Shaw at the 5 right now.

When I saw him dunk with that Pistol Pete hat on I threw up in my mouth. Nash and Guerrero at OSU is going to make me blow chunks.

the only thing keeping him from being a stud player is his height for Rebounds and getting more looks.

And his height for defense as well. Not trying to knock him because he does hustle on the defensive end (and is a solid contributor on offense), but he is a huge liability on defense.

Does anyone know how OSU signed such a highly rated player and why such a player would ever want to go to OSU?

His older half brother is Bryon Eaton.

how the hell did lebryan nash win??? **** how bout i just put a toilet on my head and dunk maybe i can win a few

i laughed

this literally makes me sick. lebryan when there cause of bryon eaton. lame. & i hope cezar doesnt do sh*t cause he didnt pick us. that makes everything worse when they go to the rival school & do well. ex: james. & it was tough watching reynolds play too. blah......

maybe we can call this guy to coach :hollis754: :D haha

A couple of thoughts, ABD...

1. I don't see any way that Page doesn't start. I can't believe that people still want to put him on the bench. He's going to be a senior who has basically started his entire career. He's going to start at the two.

2. Ford said in a TW article today that the plan next year (as I suspected) is to go back to the four-guard lineup that he employed in the 2008-09 season, when we went Eaton/Page/Harris/Muenelo/Moses, so I think your lineup is pretty close, but given what I'm hearing from practice reports, I think Cobbins (whom everyone is raving about) will start over Shaw.

My bet for an opening day lineup would be:

Dowell/Guerrero (whomever shows they can run the team better)
Page
Brown
Olukemi/Nash (whomever is the more consistent shooter)
Cobbins

First off the bench will be whomever doesn't start between Nash/Olukemi and Dowell/Guerrero, then I think that roleplayers/reserves off the bench will include Franklin, Shaw, and Williams.

EDIT: Obviously, in the unlikely scenario that D. Williams comes back, he would start over Cobbins. I just didn't address it because it seems so unlikely.

Does anyone know how OSU signed such a highly rated player and why such a player would ever want to go to OSU?

OK, I'll bite.

This would the be the fourth McDonald's All-American that we've signed since 2000 (Green, Eaton, Anderson), so it's not like it's unprecedented.

We have arguably the best basketball facilities in the Big 12/10/whatever and although we haven't been fantastic lately, we are a very solid program, having been in the NCAA Tournament pretty consistently over the past 20 years - multiple Final Fours, Elite Eight, Sweet Sixteen, etc.

Last edited:
1. I don't see any way that Page doesn't start. I can't believe that people still want to put him on the bench. He's going to be a senior who has basically started his entire career. He's going to start at the two.

Thats probably right, but I think you have to Olukemi and Nash on the floor at the same time, and Markel Brown is really good too. My guess is Olukemi remains in his 6th man role, even though he will probably average 12ppg.

PG: Reger
SG: Page
SG: Markel Brown
SF: Nash
C: Cobbins

Thats probably right, but I think you have to Olukemi and Nash on the floor at the same time, and Markel Brown is really good too. My guess is Olukemi remains in his 6th man role, even though he will probably average 12ppg.

PG: Reger
SG: Page
SG: Markel Brown
SF: Nash
C: Cobbins

I think a big part of whether Nash will start will depend on (a) how well he can shoot and (b) how well he can defend. I don't really expect him to come in an shoot well, so his defense will be the key.

If we do indeed make this 4-guard lineup happen, then Nash/Olukemi will be responsible for that Obi Muenelo role of guarding a much larger player. Muenelo could handle it because he was so strong... Neither Nash nor Olukemi will be as strong as Muenelo was as as senior... but Nash has a couple of inches on Olukemi.

Of course, Olukemi will have the experience on Nash, being several years older and having one run through the Big 12.

I think the biggest thing that Olukemi needs to do is get in the gym and shoot about 1,000 shots a day. If he can raise his 3-point percentage up to the 35-40% range (it was 30% this year), that would go a long way in getting him the start over Nash.

But you're right about getting those guys on the floor at the same time.

A lineup of Dowell, Brown, Olukemi, Nash and Cobbins would be crazy-athletic. The questions would be (1) can any of those guys consistently make an outside shot? and (2) how do they function as a cohesive unit?.

That's a big part of what Page brings to the table. Even if he's not making shots, he's a stabilizing force on the floor and the team just runs better when he's out there.

Back