Michael Cobbins (Amarillo, TX, 2010) - [Rivals] [Scout]
James Johnson (Wildomar, CA, 2010) - [Rivals] [Scout]

Could make it in:

LeBryan Nash (Dallas, TX, 2011) - [Rivals] [Scout]
Johnny O'Bryant (Cleveland, MS, 2011) - [Rivals] [Scout]
L.J. Rose (Houston, TX, 2012)- [Rivals] [Scout]
Andrew Harrison (Houston, TX, 2013)
Aaron Harrison (Houston, TX, 2013)

There are some other JUCO guys who could make it in, as well.

Perry Ellis was planning on coming, but is unable to make it because of the Elite 24 Camp in New York.

We will continue to try to verify the potential visitors over the next few days, but it appears there will be some big time recruits in Norman this weekend.

Last edited:
Great stuff!

I would love to see Cameron Clark pull the trigger and make a great impression on Michael Cobbins to get back in the race for him.

Thanks, Henzo.

To me, this is the great equalizer for OU in recruiting. Most teams that the Sooners are competing for with these recruits (Arizona, Kansas, OSU, Kentucky etc...) have already had their elite camps. It is Capel' turn now. I am really glad to see Rose and the Harrison twins coming in.

Coach Capel will get an up close look at Goff, and he could earn an offer this weekend. I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't land a guy as a result of this camp. Let's hope that T.J. Taylor will do his part to talk up his team.

How cool would it be if Blake Griffin was in town for this?

Expected this weekend:

Cam Clark (Sherman, TX, 2010) - [Rivals

Could make it in:

jiss-in-my-pants-295x300.jpg

I'm really hoping that Cobbins is able to make it in. If he does, I think we have a great shot despite the reports of him not listing us.

Last edited:
gooood stuff, henzo...and welcome, sir! you're the best and all i can say is YIPEE in joining OU HOOPS! Looking forward to your awesome work, analysis, and coverage. Woooo-Hoo!

Thanks Henz!:clap

Man, how great is it to have Henzo around? Hope it sticks!:dance005:

Talking about hitting the ground running. Thanks for the report henzo. That was fast. The O'bryant kid is a very intriguing prospect. He can score the basketball. The exciting think is his defense. He plays with very good intensity on defense. A friend of mine teaches at a school that is in his district and gets to see him quite often in the community. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!

How cool would it be if Blake Griffin was in town for this?

He just posted on Twitter that he is headed to Oklahoma today, so I would think its entirely possible.

Speaking of this, I have never been really clear on what the NCAA rules about former players is. I thought I had heard that you couldn't use former players in recruiting, but I know of multiple occasions that schools have done it. Does anyone know exactly what is or isn't ok?

Thanks for the heads up, Henzo. This is another of those posts that is a lifesaver for the basketball-starved. Big thanks.:clap

Expected this weekend:

T.J. Taylor
(Denison, TX, 2010) - [Rivals] [Scout]
Cam Clark (Sherman, TX, 2010) - [Rivals] [Scout]
Johnny O'Bryant (Cleveland, MS, 2011) - [Rivals] [Scout]
L.J. Rose (Houston, TX, 2012)- [Rivals] [Scout]
Andrew Harrison (Houston, TX, 2013)
Aaron Harrison (Houston, TX, 2013)

Could make it in:

Robert Goff (Hutchinson C.C., 2010) - [Rivals]
LeBryan Nash (Dallas, TX, 2011) - [Rivals] [Scout]
James Johnson (Wildomar, CA, 2010) - [Rivals] [Scout]

There are some other JUCO guys who could make it in, as well.

Perry Ellis was planning on coming, but is unable to make it because of the Elite 24 Camp in New York.

We will continue to try to verify the potential visitors over the next few days, but it appears there will be some big time recruits in Norman this weekend.

It's great to have someone with inside information and no BS like you contributing.

BTW, Richard Peters isn't coming?

Is it wrong that I giggle every time I see Richard Peters name posted?

PS I am a twelve year old.

I started to ask if Dick Peters was coming, but that was a slippery slope I didn't want to go down.

What's so funny about the name Dick Peters? Stop giving the guy a hard time. I'm sure Dick Peters doesn't appreciate jerks. Do you like being yanked around? I'm sure Dick Peters doesn't. Now let's be serious, we don't want Dick Peters to get anal about all this. Let's all just be patient until we see Dick Peters hit the hardwood.

Last edited:
Uh, back on topic.

Your Elite Camp report is much appreciated, Henzo! Hopefully, this will be the first of many more to come. :woot

Back