>>>>>>OU-Iowa State Gameday Thread<<<<<<

Re: >>>>>>OU-Iowa State Gameday Thread<<<<<<

We're lucky to be down only 6. A lot of tough 3s. We get some easy looks inside and block out.. we win by 6+

If I read this thread and didn't know the score, I would swear we were down by 20 or more at the half, not 6.

Lots of basketball left, guys. We have missed enough layups to be up by 6. Cheer up! The shots will fall our way in the second half.

I'd rather just guard Niang lol

No Manyang and not a surprise in this game.

I see a few tweaks on defense and OU winning. I don't know why some of you guys are pessimistic. They have gotten really fortunate on long rebounds and lose balls leading to easy points and have a small lead

If I read this thread and didn't know the score, I would swear we were down by 20 or more at the half, not 6.

Lots of basketball left, guys. We have missed enough layups to be up by 6. Cheer up! The shots will fall our way in the second half.

I am not worried about offense. I am worried about defense.

Iowa State is a desparate team and are playing like it. They played well.

If OU rebounds the ball in the second half, they'll win, imo.

Spangler and Woodard are 1 of 11, ouch!!

Exactly, you can see Iowa State playing collectively faster as a team. Woodard getting that shot blocked seemed to bother him. Spangler not getting rebounds and put-backs is strange. Hopefully he'll wake up in the second half. I say get aggressive, their is a reason we only have 2 personal fouls, the lowest I have ever seen a team collect in one half, and it is because we are not putting pressure on the basketball and boxing out. We seemed so afraid to get called for fouls on the road that we backed off their players.

I thought it was a bad call.

You called games right?

I thought it was a bizarre call. OU didn't have possession let alone possession in the front court. Very much a home court influencing an official. The energy of the crowd caused that. I am not saying the guy intentional,y screwed up. He just got subconsciously influenced by the crowd

Exactly, you can see Iowa State playing collectively faster as a team. Woodard getting that shot blocked seemed to bother him. Spangler not getting rebounds and put-backs is strange. Hopefully he'll wake up in the second half. I say get aggressive, their is a reason we only have 2 personal fouls, the lowest I have ever seen a team collect in one half, and it is because we are not putting pressure on the basketball and boxing out. We seemed so afraid to get called for fouls on the road that we backed off their players.
that cat from ISU has like 10' long arms looks like

He did not have to reestablish First OU did not have the ball. It was a lose ball Second the ball didn't go into the front court. It didn't even get close to the front court

I think the ref thought buddy jumped from frontcourt..didn't land til he had ball. The rule isn't the same with out of bounds?

Honestly that is the ONLY thing I can think of..it wasn't even close.

I see a few tweaks on defense and OU winning. I don't know why some of you guys are pessimistic. They have gotten really fortunate on long rebounds and lose balls leading to easy points and have a small lead

What bothers me is that lack of competivenes this team brought tonight especially our bigs. They are the number one team in the country and they act like they would rather be home .

Exactly! We're playing on the road against a ranked team in one of the toughest environments in college basketball, and we're only down by 6 at the half.

Did anyone really think this game would be easy? Calls to bench Spangler and all sorts of silly notions.

Geeeeez! Get a grip!

Our defense has concerned me for several games. Teams are getting easy driving lanes to the basket. It kind of started against OSU. We're switching but they get easy dribble penetration.

Combine that with them pounding us on the boards (Matt Thomas has more rebounds than Spangler and Lattin combined).

Cousins is not only our leading scorer this game, but he is also our leading rebounder.

Anxious for this half. I am not sure how we will play but I know we will keep fighting.

I think the ref thought buddy jumped from frontcourt..didn't land til he had ball. The rule isn't the same with out of bounds?

Honestly that is the ONLY thing I can think of..it wasn't even close.

It wasn't an out of bounds play It was a lose ball and ISU had last possession of the ball.

Can we get everyone on the same page of scoring. JW needs to get going to help take pressure off of BH and IC. We looked horrible playing halfcourt defense. I think that is the worst half this year. Buford and James have been decent out there. I hope he uses the bench a little more to give the guys a good breather so they can be fresh for the end of the game for a run.

Back