OU @ osu 8pm CST on ESPNU

Looking at the schedule. This team is finishing 14-18 most likely.

Ya; it’s going to take a big and sudden change to convince me now that we will win any more road games and I know we will drop several more at home as well. 14-18 is possible. I think we still have a chance to win a few more than that but I am not confident. My hope for 9-9 in conference is long gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OSU is a bad matchup for OU just due to OSU's athleticism.

Had OU played a good first half, the Sooners would have been up 15 but they didn't take advantage of OSU's poor first half and kept OSU in the game. Then OSU played maybe their best 10 minutes of the year in the second half.

OU hadn't really had a clunker in the Big 12 and picked a bad night to do it in a game they really needed to win.

OSU is a bad matchup for OU just due to OSU's athleticism.

Had OU played a good first half, the Sooners would have been up 15 but they didn't take advantage of OSU's poor first half and kept OSU in the game. Then OSU played maybe their best 10 minutes of the year in the second half.

OU hadn't really had a clunker in the Big 12 and picked a bad night to do it in a game they really needed to win.

Isn't every team a bad matchup for OU because of athleticism?

Well atleast it wasn't another heart-breaking close loss.

I just don't understand how you don't go into the second half pumped up and ready to play. It's Bedlam, you're up six, have a chance to win two in a row and get some momentum. I'm not sure who to blame.

In some respects, it feels like the same OU team for the last five years.

Last edited:
Well atleast it wasn't another heart-breaking close loss.

I just don't understand how you don't go into the second half pumped up and ready to play. It's Bedlam, you're up six, have a chance to win two in a row and get some momentum. I'm not sure who to blame.

In some respects, it feels like the same OU team for the last five years.

When a team is unprepared and lethargic, it’s usually pretty clear who to blame.

I saw Hill comment after the game that the team didn’t seem ready to play in the second half, and he took some blame and said it’ll never happen again while he is at OU. I respect him for saying that, but he isn’t the one in charge. I haven’t been watching Moser postgame because it was all starting to sound the same a few games back. But for those who have, I have a genuine question: does he ever say that he, personally, needs to get better and make changes? Self is as good as there is at getting his teams good shots late in games, yet after the KSU game, which was a rare occasion when they didn’t get a quality shot (or any shot) with the game on the line, he point blank said “that’s on me, I need to do a better job.” No cliches about the players needing to “fight for the extra inch” or execute better. Put it directly on himself. Maybe Moser has been doing that, but if not, he needs to start.

9 offensive rebounds to 3 and 11 second chance points to 0.

When a team is unprepared and lethargic, it’s usually pretty clear who to blame.

I saw Hill comment after the game that the team didn’t seem ready to play in the second half, and he took some blame and said it’ll never happen again while he is at OU. I respect him for saying that, but he isn’t the one in charge. I haven’t been watching Moser postgame because it was all starting to sound the same a few games back. But for those who have, I have a genuine question: does he ever say that he, personally, needs to get better and make changes? Self is as good as there is at getting his teams good shots late in games, yet after the KSU game, which was a rare occasion when they didn’t get a quality shot (or any shot) with the game on the line, he point blank said “that’s on me, I need to do a better job.” No cliches about the players needing to “fight for the extra inch” or execute better. Put it directly on himself. Maybe Moser has been doing that, but if not, he needs to start.

I don't think he comes out and says it. And from the looks of it I wouldn't say much has changed, as far as the same ole same ole mistakes. The team normally plays hard, so this game is an anomaly in that regard. But it was an anomaly that couldn't have struck at a worse time.

Back