OU @ osu 8pm CST on ESPNU

We play in a tough league. We have a G5 roster and a G5 coach. That’s not going to get it done in the Big12 or the SEC.

Jacob Grove is too slow. He is a defensive liability. He should never be a starter. We lost the game the first few minutes of the second half. They took advantage of our slowness at the beginning of the second half. Both Grove brothers are slow. They might be tall but 2 slow guys in the game became a defensive liability. Our best line up is:
Godwin
Hill
Sherfield
Uzan
Nolan.

With this line up, we are fast enough to defend and score on the offensive end.

I think you're right. But I'm not a noland guy, maybe if he was 30 lbs lighter.. but id see jacob over noland out of default (bc we have no one else)

I honestly think that godwin is better than tanner groves. People say he cant move/defend, but i dont see that. I think hes a really good defender. Hung with guards pretty decently on switches too

Last edited:
Boulder, I don't know if the sky is falling, but I have a hard time saying that our "trajectory" is good. And I realize there is nothing we can do to fix it this year....from a roster standpoint. Until Moser decides to recruit a higher level athlete, we can expect some nights like this. This was a bit of an outlier tonight, but when you have very little margin for error because of the lack of athleticism/skill, things can get out of hand more easily. Candidly, until we improve our athleticism, we can expect to finish in the bottom half of the B12 and enjoy our NIT appearances.

Much like the football team, we create outliers

Moser, please go get some athletic bigs for next season and a 3 who can score.

Agree I don't like Noland either but at least he is quicker than Grove

OU has been outscored in second half in every Big 12 game. Ouch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boulder, I don't know if the sky is falling, but I have a hard time saying that our "trajectory" is good. And I realize there is nothing we can do to fix it this year....from a roster standpoint. Until Moser decides to recruit a higher level athlete, we can expect some nights like this. This was a bit of an outlier tonight, but when you have very little margin for error because of the lack of athleticism/skill, things can get out of hand more easily. Candidly, until we improve our athleticism, we can expect to finish in the bottom half of the B12 and enjoy our NIT appearances.

i largely agree with this .

i would say that moser is recruiting a better class of athlete then OU has in a long time ..

Much like the football team, we create outliers

The similarities between the two programs are definitely there. We are in a real danger zone. We’ve gotten to the point where a large number of fans of both teams take pride in our “close” losses and fool themselves into thinking we are “so close” to having a very good record. And we keep seeing the “it just takes time” excuse, even though both coaches inherited good situations and even though every coach has an opportunity to remake the roster as quickly as he wants through the portal. Hill is the only player on this team to play for the prior staff. This is Moser’s team, so whether we are taking about the talent level, system, or execution, there is no excuse for acting as if his hands are tied.

The similarities between the two programs are definitely there. We are in a real danger zone. We’ve gotten to the point where a large number of fans of both teams take pride in our “close” losses and fool themselves into thinking we are “so close” to having a very good record. And we keep seeing the “it just takes time” excuse, even though both coaches inherited good situations and even though every coach has an opportunity to remake the roster as quickly as he wants through the portal. Hill is the only player on this team to play for the prior staff. This is Moser’s team, so whether we are taking about the talent level, system, or execution, there is no excuse for acting as if his hands are tied.

At least OSU is doing worse.. their season is likely already over and they may fire their lame coach

the move to the SEC will help OU basketball

being in one of the statistically best conf of the modern era doesn't help much

the move to the SEC will help OU basketball

being in one of the statistically best conf of the modern era doesn't help much

The Big 12 is definitely the best conference, but what’s worrisome is that the SEC is the most athletic. They have more lottery picks and super talented players than the Big 12. We will need to completely reshape our roster to be able to hold our own athletically. But you’re right in that the league overall isn’t as deep. I just hope we’re good enough for it to matter.

Looking at the schedule. This team is finishing 14-18 most likely.

Back