+++++++OU-OSU Game Thread+++++++

First big Xii tournament win since march 9, 2011..the reason why I remember that?...my little girl was born that day..nice to get the 1st one out of the way.

Thomas had 17 points and 10 boards. Woodard had 11 points and 5 boards. Spangler had 15 rebounds and 4 points. Cousins had 10 points. Not one of them had a horrible game. You simply don't understand the sport.

Strawman alert!

Thomas was solid in the 2nd half and the team defended well for most of the game. But we have to be better and play 40 minutes in order to beat ISU tomorrow or win in the tournament. To deny that is beyond foolish.

If we had played tonight with OSU's energy, it would have been over at halftime. That's what we should aspire to. Maybe my expectations are just higher than yours

Last edited:
First big Xii tournament win since march 9, 2011..the reason why I remember that?...my little girl was born that day..nice to get the 1st one out of the way.

Congrats on both the win today and your baby girl

Strawman alert!

Thomas was solid in the 2nd half and the team defended well for most of the game. But we have to be better and play 40 minutes in order to beat ISU tomorrow or win in the tournament. To deny that is beyond foolish.

17 and 10 is a really good game no matter how you do it. It is exceptional in a 64-49 game. I really don't think you fully appreciate the sport. OSU averaged less than 25 points per half.

Strawman alert!

If we had played tonight with OSU's energy, it would have been over at halftime. That's what we should aspire to. Maybe my expectations are just higher than yours

Are you on the Sooners roster? What number are you?

Very proud of how crappy our team played in the first have and they fought back and won EASILY. Very enjoyable game to watch(2nd half). I just wanna see the guys put 2 halves together and they will be great! Huuuuge game tomorrow. I feel if we win tomorrow we virtually lock ourselves in for a 3 seed.

I think our big men have to play kinda soft on D because our backup big men are ..........:confused:

Nice win.....!!!

And the bench should be well-rested....they didn't score tonight.

Very proud of how crappy our team played in the first have and they fought back and won EASILY. Very enjoyable game to watch(2nd half). I just wanna see the guys put 2 halves together and they will be great! Huuuuge game tomorrow. I feel if we win tomorrow we virtually lock ourselves in for a 3 seed.

Operative word: editing.

Speak for yourself. I, for one, did not enjoy the first half. :ez-laugh:

The second half was a lot more enjoyable. The win was even better.

EDIT: After reading your post again, I see that you didn't have much fun in the first half either.

17 and 10 is a really good game no matter how you do it. It is exceptional in a 64-49 game. I really don't think you fully appreciate the sport. OSU averaged less than 25 points per half.

Thomas was exceptional tonight?

I'll stick with my statement that he was pretty good in the 2nd half. Again, I guess we just have different standards and will have to agree to disagree. I think you're just arguing for the sake of arguing.

We'll have to be considerably better to beat ISU tomorrow. Argue that, if you must

Key stat: we only had 6 turnovers tonight and our PG, Jordan Woodard, didn't have any turnovers. He's gotten a lot better as the year goes by and most fans don't even notice it. His defense is much better than it was last year, too.

I didn't get to see the game tonight. (I do not recommend simultaneously having a terrible sinus infection and my grandson giving me some kind of rug-rat stomach virus. It's not fun.)

But, I'm really, really proud of these guys. It would have been very easy to let the events of the week distract them from their mission, but they didn't do that. It speaks well of their character and their maturity.

On to Iowa State!

I think our big men have to play kinda soft on D because our backup big men are ..........:confused:

Nice win.....!!!

And the bench should be well-rested....they didn't score tonight.

Agree 100%. My issue with Spangler at different points of the season is that he has developed the habit of "letting a guy go" once he realizes he is beaten on the post. I think it somewhat stems from last year....when he was our only quality big man. And I understand why he does it....to avoid foul trouble. It just seems that lately he has been beaten a little more often. And it's not all on him, some of it is attributable to poor rotation and slow weakside help. Having said that, he rebounded very well tonight and that certainly helped our cause.

Our only other weakness on the interior is something that we really can't do anything about.....we are simply a small team. And we are going to have nights where we get worked on the boards....simply because of our lack of size. I don't know much about recruiting, so I would defer to coachtalk or some of the other guys that keep up with that....but I'm hoping that more height is on the way in the near future.

Key stat: we only had 6 turnovers tonight and our PG, Jordan Woodard, didn't have any turnovers. He's gotten a lot better as the year goes by and most fans don't even notice it. His defense is much better than it was last year, too.

He is a very good Player.

I never post during the game.

Most just like tonight. 12-13 pages of nothing but abuse toward our players and coaches.

I am never embarassed by our players and coaches. They work hard to put a team on the floor. Sure they miss shots our "experts" think are easy and some that really are. And they drift into too much one on one and that often leads to poor offense.

I am more embarrased by fans whose well-being seems to be threatened by what our players and coaches do.

We had a bad offensive first half but pretty good defensive. We beat them by 20 points in the second half but there was still a lot of ragging on Kruger and the players. We held Forte to 2 points. Spangler had a season high in rebounds. No credit from many. Just abuse. Couldn't tell we were winning until the game was almost over.

I never post during the game.

Most just like tonight. 12-13 pages of nothing but abuse toward our players and coaches.

I am never embarassed by our players and coaches. They work hard to put a team on the floor. Sure they miss shots our "experts" think are easy and some that really are. And they drift into too much one on one and that often leads to poor offense.

I am more embarrased by fans whose well-being seems to be threatened by what our players and coaches do.

We had a bad offensive first half but pretty good defensive. We beat them by 20 points in the second half but there was still a lot of ragging on Kruger and the players. We held Forte to 2 points. Spangler had a season high in rebounds. No credit from many. Just abuse. Couldn't tell we were winning until the game was almost over.

Back