OU player polls

Seymore Cox

Reaction score
Fun stuff. I'm still looking for another program that has theinternet interaction that this program has. Good job Mike Houck.

Men's Basketball Player Poll
Get to know the 2009-10 Sooners based their answers to 29 questions.

Tony Crocker was the top vote getter in six categories

Oct. 9, 2009

http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/100909aab.html

NORMAN, Okla. - Want to know more about your 2009-10 Oklahoma men's basketball team? Well, there's nobody who knows the squad better than the guys on the squad. This feature shows a side of the players you don't see on the court -- the personalities, interests and non-basketball talents (and in some cases, inabilities) of this year's Sooners.

It has become a tradition that Jeff Capel's OU team participates in a preseason player poll, whereby team members supply the name of the teammate for the various categories. Self votes are not allowed and only players with multiple tallies are shown below. Here are this year's results:

Who’s the best dresser?
Andrew Fitzgerald – 5.5 votes
Tommy Mason-Griffin – 4.5 votes
Tony Crocker – 2 votes
Cade Davis – 2 votes

Who’s the worst dresser?
Orlando Allen – 6 votes
Beau Gerber – 2 votes
Kyle Hardrick – 2 votes
Willie Warren – 2 votes

Who’s the biggest eater?
Orlando Allen – 6.5 votes
Beau Gerber – 5.5 votes

Who’s the best pool player?
Ray Willis –7.5 votes
Cade Davis – 6 votes
Tommy Mason-Griffin – 1.5 votes

Who’s the best video game player?
T.J. Franklin – 9 votes
Ray Willis – 4.5 votes

Who’s the best overall athlete?
Tony Crocker – 10.5 votes
Willie Warren – 1.5 votes

Who’s the smartest in the classroom?
Beau Gerber – 7 votes
T.J. Franklin – 4 votes
Ryan Wright – 3 votes

Who’s the smartest on the court?
Tony Crocker – 4 votes
Cade Davis – 3 votes
Willie Warren – 3 votes
Tommy Mason-Griffin – 2 votes
Steven Pledger – 2 votes

Who’s the biggest comedian?
Ray Willis – 11 votes
Tiny Gallon – 3 votes

Who the funniest (not on purpose)?
Andrew Fitzgerald – 7 votes
Tiny Gallon – 3 votes
Ray Willis – 2 votes

Who’s the biggest trash-talker on the court?
Ray Willis – 9 votes
Orlando Allen – 4 votes

Who’s the most respected?
Tony Crocker – 8 votes
Beau Gerber – 2.5 votes
Ryan Wright – 1.5 votes

Who’s the loudest?
Orlando Allen – 8 votes
Ray Willis – 4 votes
Tiny Gallon – 2 votes

Who’s the quietest?
Ryan Randolph – 10.5 votes
Tommy Mason-Griffin – 1.5 votes

Who will be the first to get married?
Orlando Allen – 5 votes
Steven Pledger – 5 votes
Cade Davis – 3 votes
T.J. Franklin – 2 votes

Who will be the last to get married?
Tommy Mason-Griffin – 6 votes
Beau Gerber – 4 votes
Ray Willis – 3 votes

Who’s the most likely to be famous outside of basketball?
T.J. Franklin – 4 votes
Cade Davis – 3 votes
Tiny Gallon – 2.5 votes
Beau Gerber – 2 votes
Ray Willis – 1.5 votes

Who’s the best singer?
Tony Crocker – 7 votes
Cade Davis – 4 votes
Tiny Gallon – 2 votes

Who’s the best dancer?
Steven Pledger – 5 votes
Tiny Gallon – 4 votes
Tony Crocker – 2 votes
Willie Warren – 2 votes

Who’s the biggest prankster?
Ray Willis – 8.5 votes
T.J. Franklin – 2.5 votes
Andrew Fitzgerald – 2 votes

Who’s the most competitive?
Tony Crocker – 9 votes
Orlando Allen – 2 votes
Beau Gerber – 2 votes
Ryan Wright – 2 votes

Who has the messiest locker?
Ray Willis – 14 votes

Who’s the neatest and most organized?
Orlando Allen – 9 votes

Who would make the best college head coach?
Cade Davis – 4 votes
T.J. Franklin – 3 votes
Barry Honoré – 2 votes

Who’s the cheapest?
Steven Pledger – 8 votes
Tony Crocker – 4 votes

Who’s the fastest from baseline to baseline?
T.J. Franklin – 6 votes
Tony Crocker – 4 votes
Cade Davis – 3 votes

Who’s the most impressive in the weight room?
Ryan Wright – 10 votes
T.J. Franklin – 2 votes
Barry Honoré – 2 votes

Who’s the hardest worker?
Beau Gerber – 5 votes
Ryan Wright – 4 votes

Who’s the best dunker?
Tony Crocker – 13 votes

interesting note, WW didn't win any poll.

Who’s the best overall athlete?
Tony Crocker – 10.5 votes

Who’s the best dunker?
Tony Crocker – 13 votes
:confused:

Tony Crocker had the third best vertical numbers behind BG and TG last year. Ray Willis and Wright were next.

quite a feat to pull off being the worst dressed but neatest and most organized.

So Willis is at the top of all the immature ones. Smack talker, comedian, loudest, messiest.....

Yea, don't think he'll be starting anytime soon.

I bet Shaq would win a lot of the same ones as Ray if the Cavs did a similar poll.

So Willis is at the top of all the immature ones. Smack talker, comedian, loudest, messiest.....

Pfft... none of that effects his seriousness when he is on the court. A guy having a good time and cracking jokes off the court doesn't mean his head isn't right on the court. We'll see if he is ready to get serious rotational minutes. I can guarantee that Ray's locker has nothing to do with it.

:ray

Pfft... none of that effects his seriousness when he is on the court. A guy having a good time and cracking jokes off the court doesn't mean his head isn't right on the court. We'll see if he is ready to get serious rotational minutes. I can guarantee that Ray's locker has nothing to do with it.
:ray

I agree...it will come down strickly to performance on the court.

:ray I don't think there will be much of (if any) correlation between this fun fact poll and minutes. That may just be me though.

If he is doing those things OFF the court, I guarantee you he is doing them ON the court. You think he isn't smack talking during games/practice? You think he isn't cracking jokes in practice or during pregame? To me, that says something. Willis hasn't earned that right yet. As an underclassman that hasn't accomplished jack at OU, he needs to have his game face on.

I'm not saying the kid will never amount to anything, or that he can't have sucess this year. I'm just saying alot of folks complained last year that he didn't work hard enough, didn't take practice serious enough, etc. I'll be darned if those things he was voted for don't have to do with those same things people complained about last year.

Poll said:
Who’s the smartest on the court?
Tony Crocker – 4 votes
Cade Davis – 3 votes
Willie Warren – 3 votes
Tommy Mason-Griffin – 2 votes
Steven Pledger – 2 votes

I liked this one, as Pledger showing up on it at all with several veterans and TMG sounds more than promising.

Does it disturb anyone else that WW doesn't even show up in categories like "most respected" and "hardest worker"?? We really need him to be a leader on this team this year and from this it doesn't seem like he has a lot of respect from his teammates...

If he is doing those things OFF the court, I guarantee you he is doing them ON the court. You think he isn't smack talking during games/practice? You think he isn't cracking jokes in practice or during pregame? To me, that says something. Willis hasn't earned that right yet. As an underclassman that hasn't accomplished jack at OU, he needs to have his game face on.

I'm not saying the kid will never amount to anything, or that he can't have sucess this year. I'm just saying alot of folks complained last year that he didn't work hard enough, didn't take practice serious enough, etc. I'll be darned if those things he was voted for don't have to do with those same things people complained about last year.

Keep in mind, One of the greatest to ever play this game in over a decade, was also a "Jokester" and had some temper issues during his time here. (i.e. Blake Griffin)

I'm just taking these for what they are and not reading anything into them except what they are. This was meant to lighten things up and I think it did.

I actually liked the insight on some of the personalities.

Good call, TU.

Does it disturb anyone else that WW doesn't even show up in categories like "most respected" and "hardest worker"?? We really need him to be a leader on this team this year and from this it doesn't seem like he has a lot of respect from his teammates...

Good call, senior.

Back