OU @ texas 7:30PM CST on LHN

Would love to get this down to single digits with the ball with more than 5 minutes. But we have to keep them off the line and rebound.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shooting is better but still only 1 3.

Love the effort but they just can't get any closer.

I am deeply concerned about our free throw shooting for the rest of the season. We’re gonna be in a lot of close games and right now, I don’t really trust anyone at the line other than Mo.

Gold wire out of position on consecutive buckets for UT.

I am deeply concerned about our free throw shooting for the rest of the season. We’re gonna be in a lot of close games and right now, I don’t really trust anyone at the line other than Mo.

I thought hill had a decent stroke … but we really don’t have much offense tonight. If Groves isn’t hitting inside we don’t have much

Last edited:
Too bad but we all know games like this are possible with this team.

A quick glance at the box score....they are 4/12 from 3 and we are 1/12. They are shooting 49% and we are shooting 45%...rebounding is even. They've made a few more FTs....but we have 15 TOs. Too careless on offense and didn't make enough outside shots to win on the road.

We’ve actually shot free throws extremely well since the first two or three games of the season. The turnovers, on the other hand, will continue getting us beat. The past few years, the anti-Lon faction scoffed when people pointed to strengths such as not turning the ball over and not fouling, but how nice would it be to see us cut our turnovers down to about 11 or 12 per game.

KU wins by 1 after 3 more lead changes

Iowa state was screwed by a horrible non call on an obvious goaltending by ku and a BS flagrant foul. Typical Allen field house BS. It’s total crap but it happens all the time.

Beware the Phog, you’re gonna get screwed.

Brutal game. Just gotta learn from it and move on.

We’ve actually shot free throws extremely well since the first two or three games of the season. The turnovers, on the other hand, will continue getting us beat. The past few years, the anti-Lon faction scoffed when people pointed to strengths such as not turning the ball over and not fouling, but how nice would it be to see us cut our turnovers down to about 11 or 12 per game.

All the offensive numbers are up compared to last year… not much but up.

Rebounds are better as well.

We are avg 3 more TO’s per game than last yr.

I certainly wasn't counting on us winning tonight -- I figured we probably wouldn't -- but I did count on us being competitive, on the team being motivated and ready to play. We weren't, to an embarrassing degree.

We can only hope this game is a huge anomaly, one we later look back on and scratch our heads over. We never even got within single digits. The team tonight just wasn't ready to play a road game and certainly not a rivalry road game.

The pressure is very much on now to win at TCU, or we could very possibly be looking at a six-game losing streak. That's not Chicken Little talk, either. After TCU, we play KU (at home, thankfully), Baylor (ditto), at WVU and at home against Auburn, currently ranked #4 in the country.

We could win all of those games, of course, but if we play half as badly as we did tonight, we won't win any of them.

All the offensive numbers are up compared to last year… not much but up.

Rebounds are better as well.

We are avg 3 more TO’s per game than last yr.

We were 35th nationally in offensive efficiency last year and were 42nd entering play tonight, and will obviously drop further after that performance. And three turnovers per game is a massive difference. Last year we were in the top 10 or 20 in that department, and this year we are 271st. Three doesn’t sound like much, but it is a ton.

I like almost everything else about our offense. Given the lack of a true scorer or any guard who can get his own shot, it is very impressive that we are as efficient as we are. So I’m by no means knocking Moser. But the the turnovers are just out of control.

1 assist for the starters. Brutal movement, bad passing, too much one on one, and played soft. UT was ready and we weren’t.

I certainly wasn't counting on us winning tonight -- I figured we probably wouldn't -- but I did count on us being competitive, on the team being motivated and ready to play. We weren't, to an embarrassing degree.

We can only hope this game is a huge anomaly, one we later look back on and scratch our heads over. We never even got within single digits. The team tonight just wasn't ready to play a road game and certainly not a rivalry road game.

The pressure is very much on now to win at TCU, or we could very possibly be looking at a six-game losing streak. That's not Chicken Little talk, either. After TCU, we play KU (at home, thankfully), Baylor (ditto), at WVU and at home against Auburn, currently ranked #4 in the country.

We could win all of those games, of course, but if we play half as badly as we did tonight, we won't win any of them.

Auburn’s a roadie, which unfortunately, accentuates your point even more.

Every time we play bad the refs gets blamed. It’s pretty funny.
That is why I stay away during games, wait until next day or few hours once game is over before posting anything...The loss was clearly because OU played poorly and horns played better

Back