OU @ texas 7:30PM CST on LHN

I thought the officiating was a little UT slanted but that is life on the road.

Similar to Tech games last year. Defense forced OU out of their game. Foul problems in first half really hurt.

We have to have more outside shooting besides Gibson. Jacob put up three misses but he has to keep shooting. Thought this was his best effort this year.

Hill and Cortes have to put up more treys. They have potential to really help from that vantage. Don't understand why Tanner never got open for treys.

We can beat Texas with a good game.

Big 12 is brutal this year. Welcome to the Big 12 Porter.

We were 35th nationally in offensive efficiency last year and were 42nd entering play tonight, and will obviously drop further after that performance. And three turnovers per game is a massive difference. Last year we were in the top 10 or 20 in that department, and this year we are 271st. Three doesn’t sound like much, but it is a ton.

I like almost everything else about our offense. Given the lack of a true scorer or any guard who can get his own shot, it is very impressive that we are as efficient as we are. So I’m by no means knocking Moser. But the the turnovers are just out of control.

I'm HOPING the 2 guys for next year will help. We need a more athletic big. Tanner is pretty good but both he and his brother have slow feet when it comes to defense.

I figured 8/10 in league...9/9 if we got a few balls to bounce our way.

It's a crap shoot this year with this hodge podge group he quickly threw together. Just glad we aren't having a isu (last year) type of season so far.

I would expect cortes and CJ to pick up some steam by the end of the year

we'll have 8 guys back next year...only 1 starter..

Last edited:
I'm HOPING the 2 guys for next year will help. We need a more athletic big. Tanner is pretty good but both he and his brother have slow feet when it comes to defense.

I figured 8/10 in league...9/9 if we got a few balls to bounce our way.

It's a crap shoot this year with this hodge podge group he quickly threw together. Just glad we aren't having a isu (last year) type of season so far.

I would expect cortes and CJ to pick up some steam by the end of the year

we'll have 8 guys back next year...only 1 starter..

Me too. Moser appears to have addressed alot at guard/wing in the first signing period. If EJ and Mo aren't coming back, then yes I say use one of those scholarships on an athletic/physical big who can score, rebound, and defend. Especially since Chargois will be gone too. Of course nobody knows this better than Porter. Will be interesting to see who they bring in the second signing period..

Last information I saw was we loose 3 scholarship players. I believe due to the Covid rules on eligibility the only starter we lose is Goldwire. The other 2 are Chargois and Johnson. Do believe we need additional bigs but someone will have to go to the portal.

Last information I saw was we loose 3 scholarship players. I believe due to the Covid rules on eligibility the only starter we lose is Goldwire. The other 2 are Chargois and Johnson. Do believe we need additional bigs but someone will have to go to the portal.

This is correct, Goldwire is the only starter who will be out of eligibility after this season. I think Tanner has already said he plans to play two seasons for us. I have no clue if Mo or EJ have made up their minds, but unless they want to explore a fairly low level overseas career, I’d think there is a decent chance they’d come back. I agree with those who are excited about the incoming guards. I will be shocked if we don’t add at least one big. And as always, transfers will be a factor.

Why is the thread with the roster breakdown not still a sticky thread at the top? Can we add it back? That is very useful to have handy.

Back