>>>>>>OU-Texas Tech Gameday Thread<<<<<<

Re: >>>>>>OU-Texas Tech Gameday Thread<<<<<<

The foul on buddy...was a foul, i dont agree it was flagrant 1

wrong it was a flagrant foul and was called

I'll take a weak ass "flagrant" from a player making a Basketball move all day. Something tells me Kruger will too. He's supposed to not try to penetrate? It's natural to make the ball rip through

I'll take a weak ass "flagrant" from a player making a Basketball move all day. Something tells me Kruger will too. He's supposed to not try to penetrate? It's natural to make the ball rip through
Okay!

It's not natural to do it that high. And it's not like buddy didn't know he was there either

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Meh. Wasn't really a bball move. He lifted his elbow higher than normal.

Maybe that used to not be called. But for the last couple years anything to the head is getting called

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They used to literally teach you to rip below or above. Its pathetic they call it so soft these days.. however my point is big deal, move on. Just an effort foul not a freshman move like some poster claimed

Please pick it up. Or else we are staring at losing 4 of 5.

This team needs a confidence boost. The struggles over the last 4 games have been staggering. Hope we can pull this one out in the 2nd half. Tubby would be wise to just cover Buddy, Jordan, and Cousins. No need to even get near Spangler the way he has played. Not sure why he is so out of it lately. Sad to see for him.

I don't have an issue with the call but if they are going to call that F1 then they need to go ahead and call the foul for the guy hanging on Buddy before he got the ball. However, you just can't clear your arms like that any more when a defender is in your grill. They're going to call that a F1 most of the time.

You could argue they're not really playing at a top 15-20 level right now. The offense is just sloppy.

Definitely not being played...I'm not sure we will. Spang and lattin are absolutely no offensive threat...we'll see how it plays out.

I don't have an issue with the call but if they are going to call that F1 then they need to go ahead and call the foul for the guy hanging on Buddy before he got the ball. However, you just can't clear your arms like that any more when a defender is in your grill. They're going to call that a F1 most of the time.

Ya i agree.. i don't like it.. but i get it. Just soft imo

I'd settle for the same D in the 2nd half sans some drives to the bucket they got. Offense has to be quite a bit better to get the W.

OU is tired, they need a week off

Absolutely terrible, terrible, terrible play by Cousins.

They left Buddy WIDE OPEN for three, Cousins looks at him, and then attempts a contested layup instead of passing.
And then he gives Tech 2 free points because of his bad shot with a ton of time left.

Agreed. Buddy was wide open. Give him the ball Cousins.

This team is trending down like Devon. Someone has got to rally everyone. Start blocking out every shot and establish a better intensity on the D end

The issue with the offense is that it is initiated a good portion of the time via a Spangler screen up top to free the ball drive and place pressure via him popping out for an open jumper. But, with Spangler having lost his shot, teams can now play off him and Lattin and it has killed the ball movement.

This team is trending down like Devon. Someone has got to rally everyone. Start blocking out every shot and establish a better intensity on the D end
I agree they looking like a bob stoops coached bowl team

OU is tired, they need a week off

Lol were the only tired D1 basketball team in America it seems. I dont get this excuse

Last edited:

You could argue they're not really playing at a top 15-20 level right now. The offense is just sloppy.

Unfortunately, I have to agree with that as of now. They aren't doing the little things they did earlier this year (limiting TOs, making the smart pass, avoiding most of the silly fouls) that helped make them so good.

This team has to have Spangler as an offensive threat if they want to go very far.

The issue with the offense is that it is initiated a good portion of the time via a Spangler screen up top to free the ball drive and place pressure via him popping out for an open jumper. But, with Spangler having lost his shot, teams can now play off him and Lattin and it has killed the ball movement.

Dude rarely sets a good screen so the defender doesn't have to work and the secondary defender doesn't have to hedge so the offense becomes stagnant. This team doesn't do the little things. Right now, sweet 16 and done

Back