<<<OU v. OSU All-Time (a comparison)>>>

Need to know what?! That OU's won more games than OSU? What in the world does that matter? We're fans!!!

I'll just never get it, I don't think.

You would if the local media was saying that OU was a better program than OSU in sport X, and the numbers showed otherwise.

It has a lot more to do than just OU winning more games than OSU. Did you even read the stats? They show consistency and long term success. It is very impressive what Oklahoma has done in basketball.....especially with the attention that its football program gets.

You would if the local media was saying that OU was a better program than OSU in sport X, and the numbers showed otherwise.

It has a lot more to do than just OU winning more games than OSU. Did you even read the stats? They show consistency and long term success. It is very impressive what Oklahoma has done in basketball.....especially with the attention that its football program gets.

OU's success in any sport compared to OSU's is completely irrelevant to me. If OSU does good, I'm happy. If OU is as good or better than them in that period, I'm still happy!

And I'd think it would be the same the other way around! Who cares what the media says? The Oklahoman and The Sports Animal are for the most part stupid all the way around.

OU's success in any sport compared to OSU's is completely irrelevant to me. If OSU does good, I'm happy. If OU is as good or better than them in that period, I'm still happy!

And I'd think it would be the same the other way around! Who cares what the media says? The Oklahoman and The Sports Animal are for the most part stupid all the way around.

Obi Moneulo does. He said he picked OSU over OU because they have a "better basketball tradition". Where do you think he got that from? Not from the numbers that you can read above.....

Unfortunately, the media plays a huge role in people's perceptions. Capel knows this or he wouldn't have called them out.

I hope Obi is enjoying his time in Stillwater where OU is outdrawing OSU, and has a better than not chance to be playing in a fourth straight NIT! :ez-laugh:

Obi Moneulo does. He said he picked OSU over OU because they have a "better basketball tradition". Where do you think he got that from? Not from the numbers that you can read above.....

Unfortunately, the media plays a huge role in people's perceptions. Capel knows this or he wouldn't have called them out.

I hope Obi is enjoying his time in Stillwater where OU is outdrawing OSU, and has a better than not chance to be playing in a fourth straight NIT! :ez-laugh:

Since when did having fun in college revolve solely around how well your sports team is doing?

Since when did having fun in college revolve solely around how well your sports team is doing?

:ez-laugh:

Alright, well I am sure that Obi is having a blast then....

The two biggest myths in the Big XII are OSU basketball and A&M Football, followed closely by Missouri in all sports.

The Oklahoman had the series listed at 123-89. I thought it was 124-88, in OU's favor. Is OSU still listing the 1980 game in Norman as a 91-82 win? That's the right score, but OU won that night (I was there - it was my senior year and all that).

It's great to see my statistical analysis making an appearance on this board! ;)

:clap much appreciated. It is a combination of several contributers (including myself).

Yeah I was really just kidding. But this thing has taken off and so many people have made excellent contributions to it, including yourself. It is OUtstanding to see this continue to show up on various boards (including the Poke boards), because the truth needs to be told.

Yeah I was really just kidding. But this thing has taken off and so many people have made excellent contributions to it, including yourself. It is OUtstanding to see this continue to show up on various boards (including the Poke boards), because the truth needs to be told.

Don't worry though; you will get your share of the royalties from it. :ford

Our ultimate reward would be to see/hear/read these FACTS reported by an Oklahoma media outlet, but that will likely never happen.

Our ultimate reward would be to see/hear/read these FACTS reported by an Oklahoma media outlet, but that will likely never happen.

As soon as we get it complete (I still want to add some more stats), then I am going to send it to every major paper and radio show in the state.

What sucks is that there was some more really good stuff that got lost when OUI trashed a bunch of old files.

This should be a sticky.
And this thread ought to be linked to orangepower.com because there is a thread over there where a bunch of pokes are upset that OU got in this latest Top 25 all-time programs and Osu didn't.:ez-roll:

Here is a nice addendum from the other board:

In the 51 seasons (including this year) since OSU joined the Big-8, OU has a better conference record 36 times, OSU 11, 4 the same.

Back