OU vs #11 ISU 5pm CST on ESPNU

OU is going to need both Goldwire and Cortez. Goldwire should continue to start and let Bijan come off the bench, he doesn't need that kind of pressure at this stage.

If he is really better, he'll just play more minutes. Moser will play who is better in crunch time.

I agree that Bijan grew up tonight. He is more agressive and that creates a lot of good things. He will be even better as he finds ways to score more but he was a difference maker tonight.

Crazy league this year OSU knocking off Texas and TCU, like OU playing Baylor close.

This early you can't really go with the rankings and number of wins because of all of the cupcakes that are scheduled.

We are eight days into Big 12 play, and everyone already has a conference loss except Baylor. It’s gonna be a fun ride.

Every game is going to be a tough one. There are no easy wins in this conference. We can’t take anything for granted. We have to bring our best every single game.

GOATer Moser! Let’s go Sooners!

I really like Moser and his discipline.....watched the game on Youtube this morning.

The reason Bijan got his chance last night......with 10 minutes left and down five, Goldwire took the ball the length of the court and shot an off balance fade away runner against the Cyclone big man. Announcers: Moser did not like that shot. Moser sends Bijan to the scorer's table. Seconds later, there was a time-out and Moser tells Goldwire to sit next to him. Bijan goes in.

If you don't run the offense, Moser ain't having it. Situation and how much time left in the game.

Full game....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qkyLk__KNs

According to this article from the Des Moines paper, OU gets no credit for this victory.

Iowa State men's basketball falls apart in second half in loss at Oklahoma

Randy Peterson Des Moines Register

NORMAN, Okla. – For a while, all signs pointed toward Iowa State ending a long Big 12 Conference road losing streak. The 11th-ranked Cyclones led by four at the half against Oklahoma, and by 11 shortly after the break.

T.J. Otzelberger’s team was rolling ... until what went right during the first half suddenly changed during the 79-66 loss at Oklahoma Saturday.

Iowa State has now lost 22 consecutive Big 12 games on the road since winning at Kansas State 78-64 on Feb. 16, 2019.

Oklahoma did a good second-half defensive job against Izaiah Brockington, who was on auto-pilot with 16 points in the first 20 minutes. He finished with just four more points. The Sooners played lights-out during the final 20 minutes, including shooting 81.8%, and now comes Kansas.

That’s right: The Cyclones play at Allen Fieldhouse on Tuesday against a Jayhawks outfit that lost Saturday against Texas Tech.

And oh by the way . . .

Iowa State didn’t shoot a free throw until just more than a minute remained. I’ll repeat: The Cyclones were 0-for-0 from the line for the game’s first 39 or so minutes.

Incredible?

So uncommon that it was Iowa State’s fewest free throws made and attempted since going 0-0 at Kansas State on Feb. 25, 1981.

Iowa State was called for a technical foul after being whistled for its second "flop." The free throw tied the game at 59, and after that, it was all Oklahoma.

Iowa State’s records fell to 13-2 overall and 1-2 in the Big 12, while Oklahoma improved to 12-3 and 2-1. Tyrese Hunter also scored a career-best 20 points and had four assists.

I really like Moser and his discipline.....watched the game on Youtube this morning.

The reason Bijan got his chance last night......with 10 minutes left and down five, Goldwire took the ball the length of the court and shot an off balance fade away runner against the Cyclone big man. Announcers: Moser did not like that shot. Moser sends Bijan to the scorer's table. Seconds later, there was a time-out and Moser tells Goldwire to sit next to him. Bijan goes in.

If you don't run the offense, Moser ain't having it. Situation and how much time left in the game.

Full game....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qkyLk__KNs

Tooney, thanks for a perfect recap of the coaching move Moser made that turned the game around in our favor.

One of the things I like about Porter Moser is his no nonsense approach to correcting a poor decision almost immediately, and his quick hook leaves no doubt why a player is being removed from the game. Starters like Goldwire, T Groves and others are not exempt from Porter’s “teaching moments.” I like that—a lot!

I’m not here to bag on JG. Kid can hoop.

We need both to play well. Bijan has that “it”.

JG. Above avg defender. Runs the show. Couple aggressive shots. Porter yanks him.

According to this article from the Des Moines paper, OU gets no credit for this victory.

I will admit that if the Sooners were to shoot just one free throw in a game -- any game -- I'd be upset, too.

I will admit that if the Sooners were to shoot just one free throw in a game -- any game -- I'd be upset, too.

Exactly. And the article gave us credit for our second half defense and said we played lights out offensively. It’s a column about ISU, so it’s natural for it to focus on their perspective.

As well as Bijan's done in spurts, i'm wondering when he's going to unveil his 3 point marksmanship. I believe he's a very good 3 point shooter from what little i've seen. I think Ada or someone else said he had a great percentage in high school too. I remember talking to Jordan Woodard's parents and they said he'd rather get assists and steals than score. Maybe that's how Bijan is too. But man that would really open things up if he started stroking some 3s.

I’m not here to bag on JG. Kid can hoop.

We need both to play well. Bijan has that “it”.

JG. Above avg defender. Runs the show. Couple aggressive shots. Porter yanks him.

To be clear, my post was not meant to downplay Goldwire’s performance or suggest that he should be replaced by Bijan Cortes. It was to brag on Porter Moser, nothing more.

Bijan had a great game and he was instrumental in an important home win on our schedule. But as pleased as I am with his performance, IMHO he is not ready to run our offense as our starting PG right now. However, it’s good to know he’s capable when called on this season, and that he is progressing rapidly to taking over next year when JG is not around anymore.

I had to leave with about 10 minutes left and missed the comeback. I did however listen to it on the radio. There was some serious mental toughness being shown in that second half. I was hoping ISU (who is a pretty average offensive team) would regress to the mean from their crazy good shooting and OU's defense made that happen. Big win.

I still can’t believe we shot 85% in the second half. Is that the best ever for an OU team?

So in summary, OU overcame an 11 point second half deficit to defeat a #11 ranked ISU 13 win team by 13 points! 🤷*♂️

I can understand being upset about the foul count if I am Iowa State -- but they shot a bunch of mid range shots. That's not how you go to the foul line.

Back