OU vs KSU 7pm CST on ESPNU

I don't really care for the whining Weber but he is a good coach. Makes great adjustments and his defenses force teams out of their normal offensive flow. When Kruger left Illinois with a good team Weber took basically the same team to the national championship game.

Best points of the game were the early defensive start and the gritty finish.

Agree that K-State hit some well guarded treys from deep. That is how the trey has changed the game.

We also continue to show some weakness against slashing guards. Maybe we tire and have a less effective help defense.

I don't really care for the whining Weber but he is a good coach. Makes great adjustments and his defenses force teams out of their normal offensive flow. When Kruger left Illinois with a good team Weber took basically the same team to the national championship game.

Best points of the game were the early defensive start and the gritty finish.

Agree that K-State hit some well guarded treys from deep. That is how the trey has changed the game.

We also continue to show some weakness against slashing guards. Maybe we tire and have a less effective help defense.

It was Bill Self who left Weber with all that talent, but your point remains the same. The guy can coach. Moser (or almost anyone else) is not going to out-coach Weber, so they better out-play them. Weber's issue has always been on the recruiting side of things.

I finally got to sit and watch an entire game last night. Of course I thought we might not play well missing those key guys. I really liked our energy and focus, especially on defense. Harkless is just nails. He carried us. It was a great win and a chance to have some momentum going into the meat of our schedule.

I thought Moser might have waited too long to take the time out when KSU made their last big run......but he did take a time out.:woot

Settle the guys down and draw up a play or two. Get back on track!

And I'm sure he'll preach some more on score and time left in the game!

That is the worst team in the Big 12 this year fellas. And they were missing their leading scorer. Big 12 is going to be an absolute meat grinder this year.

Defense was awesome to start. We did contest most of their 3s in the second half. Our ball handling was sloppy today and we telegraphed quite a bit. But, we made big plays on both ends to win.

I sure miss 2001 where you were guaranteed about 6 league games where you as a fan could sit back and enjoy an easy victory - no more! (Hopefully the SEC will have some).

I have the game up in the full games thread.

That is the worst team in the Big 12 this year fellas. And they were missing their leading scorer. Big 12 is going to be an absolute meat grinder this year.

Nitpicking here, but I had understood it was their second-leading scorer they were missing.

Your point stands, though. Every win is a good win in this conference.

The announcers yesterday quoted Huggins (I think it was Huggins) as saying that, if the tourney were tomorrow, every Big 12 team would be in it (except oswho, and only because they're not eligible).

Good solid, gutty win. I would have taken a 1pt win before the game based on who was out. KSU always plays us tough, but these guys had just enough. Onward and upward.

Defense was awesome to start. We did contest most of their 3s in the second half. Our ball handling was sloppy today and we telegraphed quite a bit. But, we made big plays on both ends to win.

I sure miss 2001 where you were guaranteed about 6 league games where you as a fan could sit back and enjoy an easy victory - no more! (Hopefully the SEC will have some).

To be fair…

We were missing our leading scorer and best player.

This is where it would be nice if we had beat writers who followed the basketball team as closely as the football team. Moser said last night that he expected to have an idea about Tanner this afternoon, yet I’ve seen no tweets today indicating if they have an answer.

I don't know what to say about Issanza having to play. I'm trying to find encouraging things. Lol

First half defensive effort was amazing. We really have no great speed and they overcome that on the defensive end with great effort.
Seemed as if Gibson was told to be more aggressive and he went for it.
Harkless and Hill seem to have terribly slick shoes. Often they slip and fall.

They are relentless and tireless workers and in the recent years we lose that game. Good job men and great job Coach! Can't wait for the next one and hope everyone is back.

Back