OU vs KSU 7pm CST on ESPNU

OK. We have Baylor right where we want them now, very confident! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Huge win. We can’t afford to lose these kinds of games against bad teams. I don’t care what the circumstances, players out, we just can’t lose at home to ksu and expect to make the tourney. There are too many tough games on the schedule.

For all the talk of defense, ksu was 9-14 from 3 in 2nd half. Our 2nd half defense was awful. Ksu is not a good team.

Every game is going to be a grind in Big12 play. We have to bring our best effort every night.

Terrific win. I had a feeling in the first half that KSU would get hot in the second, and they certainly did -- 9-14 from deep, I think -- and our offense wasn't always pretty, but when you have key players out and it's not going your way, you just have to tough it out sometimes, and that's just what the guys did. Very proud of the team.

Leading scorer out, give up 47 points in the 2nd Half, more TOs(13) than assists(11) and you still come away with a conference win? You'll take it. Can't go 18-0 in conference if you don't win the first! :woot

Huge win. We can’t afford to lose these kinds of games against bad teams. I don’t care what the circumstances, players out, we just can’t lose at home to ksu and expect to make the tourney. There are too many tough games on the schedule.

For all the talk of defense, ksu was 9-14 from 3 in 2nd half. Our 2nd half defense was awful. Ksu is not a good team.

Every game is going to be a grind in Big12 play. We have to bring our best effort every night.

One thing I’d disagree with is your assessment of KSU. They are clearly in the bottom three or four of the league, but they are far better than last season and would win a fair amount of games in almost any other conference. They may be better than Arky.

Ugly win but a win.

Obviously that type of play won’t cut it for the top half of the league, almost not for the bottom half.

Ksu is not a good team.

KSU is better than you're saying. Entering tonight, they were 24th in the nation in scoring defense, one spot and .2 points per game behind OU, and they average just four fewer points per game than the Sooners. They beat Wichita State, gave Arkansas and Illinois all they wanted and lost to a solid Marquette squad by just one.

I'll never understand the rush to label teams as "bad." Very few Power 5 teams are truly bad, and certainly none in the Big 12. There's not a team in our conference we couldn't lose to, even at home -- especially with our leading scorer and two other key players out.

Porter said after the game that Jacob will be back and they will find out about Tanner tomorrow. Said likely longer for Bijan.

One thing I’d disagree with is your assessment of KSU. They are clearly in the bottom three or four of the league, but they are far better than last season and would win a fair amount of games in almost any other conference. They may be better than Arky.

I don’t mean to say they’re completely terrible, but they’re one of the bottom 3 teams in the Big12. We can’t afford to lose to them at home, even without a few players.

I don't know what the protocols are but I believe Tanner went and got tested on his own. Not sure why he tested. Jacob must be in protocol and Tanner waiting to test negative. From what Moser said you would guess Bijan has symptoms with a positive test. All conjecture on my part.

K-State hit some of those 2nd half 3s with a OU defender close by.
The Wildcats looked like they had Downtown Freddy Brown shooting outcourt.
Sometimes when a team is hot, those shots just seem to fall.
OU was gritty and hit some drives, fts and won.
Remember how we used to give Lon the bird because he couldn't seem to beat K-State with any regularity.

I don't know what the protocols are but I believe Tanner went and got tested on his own. Not sure why he tested. Jacob must be in protocol and Tanner waiting to test negative. From what Moser said you would guess Bijan has symptoms with a positive test. All conjecture on my part.

It’s hard to tell because I have no clue what the protocol are in college hoops. The pro leagues all have defined protocols that have been detailed in the media, but I don’t know what the policy is here.

Moser spoke to Bob Przybylo and indicated that the new CDC guidelines have affected what OU is doing -- specifically with regards to the definition of fully vaccinated and what that means for contact tracing. Przybylo tweeted out his comment.

It appears that up until recently, the team did not have to participate in contact tracing as all are "vaccinated."

However, with the new guidelines, you are not considered fully vaccinated unless you also have a booster in the last 6 months.

From CDC website:
“Additionally, CDC is updating the recommended quarantine period for anyone in the general public who is exposed to COVID-19. For people who are unvaccinated or are more than six months out from their second mRNA dose (or more than 2 months after the J&J vaccine) and not yet boosted, CDC now recommends quarantine for 5 days followed by strict mask use for an additional 5 days.”

Moser spoke to Bob Przybylo and indicated that the new CDC guidelines have affected what OU is doing -- specifically with regards to the definition of fully vaccinated and what that means for contact tracing. Przybylo tweeted out his comment.

It appears that up until recently, the team did not have to participate in contact tracing as all are "vaccinated."

However, with the new guidelines, you are not considered fully vaccinated unless you also have a booster in the last 6 months.

From CDC website:
“Additionally, CDC is updating the recommended quarantine period for anyone in the general public who is exposed to COVID-19. For people who are unvaccinated or are more than six months out from their second mRNA dose (or more than 2 months after the J&J vaccine) and not yet boosted, CDC now recommends quarantine for 5 days followed by strict mask use for an additional 5 days.”

Thanks, that helps explain what likely happened. Based on this, teams that are fully boosted have put themselves in a good position.

Some of the second half lapses were tired legs — lost three of our top 9. Tough to get Jalen Hill a breather with both tanner and Jacob out and Chagrois dealing with foul trouble and gold wire couldn’t get a breather with Cortes out.

I hope we don’t have to play big Rick again unless we are blitzing someone. Mason and Johnson are not ready for prime time either. Those were some rough lineups.

From CDC website:

The CDChas no power to enforce any of these arbitrary rules. We should do what we want and follow common sense.

Hey, we won a conference game which only 5 players scored, and two of them combined to shoot 8-27. You take it...because we won't win another game this season if only 5 players score and two of them shoot 8-27.

That was a must win. And to do it without our leading scorer/rebounder and two key role players is good for this team. I’ll take it.

Why does KSU seem to have a stretch of unconscious three point shooting against us every time?? Can’t blame it on Lon anymore lol

When we were forced to go small with Hill playing the 5 for the last few minutes, I thought we rebounded TREMENDOUSLY well on both ends. That was the most impressive aspect of the game to me, especially compared to last year when we couldn’t get a rebound late to save our lives.

Baylor is legit and playing so well right now. Not sure we could beat them with Tanner but it’ll be helpful to get him back.

Back