OU's offense

jaymOU

Reaction score
Is Capel's offense morphing into an offense like Coach K? I realize the four-guard lineup may offer us the best players on the floor, but does anyone think Capel's plan is to move to this style?

I love running and gunning, but without ultra great shooters at several positions, the four-guard offense is too streaky for me. Our guards are just too streaky for this lineup to be viable long term, to me.

Sort of...I think he would prefer to have a versatile PF who could play inside/out (a la Terrence Jones) moreso than a true 4 guard lineup.

I think this lineup really fits Capel's vision well:

TMG - true PG
Pledger - Dead-eye shooter with defensive potential
Clark - SF with great mid-range game
Terrence Jones - Versatile PF with inside/outside game
Tiny - Big, tough center

Sort of...I think he would prefer to have a versatile PF who could play inside/out (a la Terrence Jones) moreso than a true 4 guard lineup.

I think this lineup really fits Capel's vision well:

TMG - true PG
Pledger - Dead-eye shooter with defensive potential
Clark - SF with great mid-range game
Terrence Jones - Versatile PF with inside/outside game
Tiny - Big, tough center

If we don't get Terrence Jones, I wouldn't mind seeing Capel sign another big and let Tiny play the inside/outside at the PF position.

I don't think tiny can guard a versatile 4. Not yet anyway.

jaymOU! Holy moly! Blast from the past. Did not know you posted on this board, I even started a thread awhile back wondering if you and a few others were here. Post more often!

Tony

I am glad I found this board. Best thing I've found since we had the "secret" board many years ago. Most of the comments here appear to be about basketball, not about personalities. It's made me get excited about posting again

Back