Please accept my apology for the board outage today

OUHoops

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
We were launching our new home page and some things had to be moved around on the server or something, and it caused the boards to be down for a couple of hours. That certainly wasn't expected and we also weren't given any warning that it was going to happen in this way by our hosting company.

I also never expected, or was told, that the forums would be taking on a completely new address. To say I'm a bit heated at this point is an understatement. So again, please accept my apologies for how this was handled.

Re: Please except my apology for the board outage today

Also, the photos are not showing up on the new home page for some reason, and that's something we're working on right now. I'm also guessing I'm going to have to go back in and change the links in the recruiting prospects lists. What a grand launch for our new home page!: ez-laugh:

Re: Please except my apology for the board outage today

Edit: Delete this post.

Great work OUHoops. I owe you a high five and an ice cold capri sun.

Last edited:
That's it. I'm packing up and moving to the other OU basketball site...oh wait...

No worries OUHoops. Really excited about the homepage!

don't know if this can be fixed and it is not a big deal but the video on the home page messes up a little whenever the "top stories" front page picture image changes. Maybe if there was a pause button it would fix it.

no apologies needed. looks fantastic and i expected a few minor hiccups through the transition, all worth it of course. and the links to the player and coach tweets are a nice touch. it's great having that in one spot. tremendous work.

No big deal, OUHoops. Did you really think these changes would go off without a hitch? I'm betting no one else did. :)

After my first 15 seconds of confusion I was pretty excited to see the error cuz I knew it meant the changes had been made.
Great job on the site OUhoops.

Finally got the site to work at 6:01p eastern time zone. One suggestion. I couldn't find a "Contact us" on the home page. You Tube works for 3 seconds and then has to catch up, but I dont think that's your fault.

I'll second the contact request, but other than that it looks very good. Slick, clean design. Excellent job by whoever selected the theme.

Finally got the site to work at 6:01p eastern time zone. One suggestion. I couldn't find a "Contact us" on the home page. You Tube works for 3 seconds and then has to catch up, but I dont think that's your fault.

I'll have to look into that video glitch. I'm not having that issue, but you are the second person to mention it so obviously there's an issue.

I'll second the contact request, but other than that it looks very good. Slick, clean design. Excellent job by whoever selected the theme.

Just added the contact email address to the very bottom of the page. And thanks for the compliments, I appreciate it. And I officially hate HTML after this project.

no reason to apologize. this place has been incredibly stable and trustworthy....gotta expect a hiccup now and then.

gj

No need to apologize. Stuff happens. I'm sure it will be great when it's all up and running properly.

Back