Pomeroy rankings have us 14-16 this year

sooneral49

Reaction score
anybody think much of these predictions. Not looking good from his site.Check them out at kenpom.com

There haven't been very many games to counteract our horrific three game stretch against VCU, San Diego, and Houston. As more datapoints come in, I think we'll look better. We just have to keep up our improvement that has happened since that game. Also, it says a lot about the Big 12 as a whole. It's going to be a dogfight nearly every game...we as fans need to be ready for that.

I cant imagine 14-16... If OU goes 14-16 you can place Capel on the hot seat.

I don't think that will happen.

If thats the Vegas line, I would be winning millions by the end of the season.

There's too much talent on this team to win anything less than 20.

Ken Pom does have great stats...but with any stats you need a larger sample size to accurately predict anything. I'm sure if you only used our last 4 games as a sample size, we would be predicted to win many more games.

If that's still the case after 15 games, it's time to get worried.

That site had us projected to go 8-22 a couple of weeks ago.

That site had us projected to go 8-22 a couple of weeks ago.

:ez-laugh: I'm glad someone else noticed that. His computers don't put in the fact that this team is getting better and better every day!

The predictor stats improve as the season moves along.

As ctt noted, they weren't even published until about a week ago.

I think Pomeory himself states that the predictor stats don't become too reliable until toward the middle end of January.

I think Pomeory himself states that the predictor stats don't become too reliable until toward the middle end of January.

this.

still so early. ken pom is an interesting site. no reason to rag on it for skewed info based on incomplete sets of data at this point.

I cant imagine 14-16... If OU goes 14-16 you can place Capel on the hot seat.

I don't think that will happen.

If OU goes 14-16, Capel should be more than on the hot seat. He should resign. That is unacceptable, especially with the talent OU has. I just don't see that happening. (Now if OU had a couple of injuries, I would retract this statement but otherwise I think it is completely fair.)

this.

still so early. ken pom is an interesting site. no reason to rag on it for skewed info based on incomplete sets of data at this point.

Yea, RPI and Pomeroy's rankings aren't too reliable until the year turns. We won't jump 50 spots in the RPI in February like we did after we beat Utah.

They could have it 100% right.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back