Predict our conference record

What will our league record be?

• Total voters
Wins: Baylor, Tech, A&M, OSU, Missouri, Iowa State,@Colorado/@Nebraska, @Baylor
Losses: @Kansas, @Texas, Texas, @OSU, @A&M, @Tech, @Colorado/@Nebraska
Toss-Ups: Kansas State

8-8 if they don't beat K-State at home, 9-7 if they do.

Last edited:
I went with 7-9.

Seven wins
1. Tech at home
2. OSU at home
3. Baylor at home
4. A&M at home
5. Missouri at home
6. Iowa State at home
7. Nebraska in Lincoln

our 9 losses
1. Kansas in Lawrence
2. Texas in Austin
3. Texas in Norman
4. Colorado in boulder (can't remember the last time we won there, in either sport)
5. Baylor in Waco
6. Tech in Lubbock
7. A&M at College Station
8. Kansas State in Norman (they beat us with Beasley in Norman and we had Blake)
9. OSU in Stillwater

if the improvement curve continues, i could see better. but, now, i go with a cautiously optimistic 9-7....and a 6-8 type seed.

I went 8-8. Young team in a tough conference. This needs to be a poll that allows you to veiw how everyone voted. Good one to look back on at the end of the year.

This team has improved so much in the last two or three weeks, especially on defense, I think 10-6 is attainable.

I think 9-7 and 10-6 are both attainable. But only if we have no injuries (especially to Tiny) and everything goes just right. Throw in a couple of stretches where everything goes wrong like we've had every year that Capel has been here and you go from 9-7 to 7-9.

I hope we go 9-7 though, like we did two years ago. I would be very content with getting in to the tourney and getting to the 2nd round again.

i voted 10-6...

I know i'm going out on a limb there...but i think other than the top 2 teams, OU has a chance to win every other game on the schedule if this improvment continues...their 4 guard lineup will give the other team fits because the advantage will be greater (not Texas or Kansas tho)...

Bad shooting nights could put us in the hole away from home...I trust in WW enough to keep us in those games though with his ability to drive...

If OU goes 7-9, OU has to get a new baksetball coach. That will be two losing seasons in 4 years. Sampson did not have a single losing record in conference play. His worst year was 8-8. Capel will have two losing records and a 9-7 year. Sampson also only had one 9-7 season in 12 years.

Tubbs only had 3 losing conference records in 14 seasons. Two of those seasons came in 1991 and 1994 (showing Sampson took over a program when it was down) the other was his first season at OU in 1981.

If OU goes 7-9 with this roster, I see no reason to believe Jeff Capel will be capable of competing in the Big XII. I don't remotely think OU will be 7-9 but if it happens OU basketball has major problems because it means OU made a big hiring mistake.

If OU goes 7-9, OU has to get a new baksetball coach. That will be two losing seasons in 4 years. Sampson did not have a single losing record in conference play. His worst year was 8-8. Capel will have two losing records and a 9-7 year. Sampson also only had one 9-7 season in 12 years.

Tubbs only had 3 losing conference records in 14 seasons. Two of those seasons came in 1991 and 1994 (showing Sampson took over a program when it was down) the other was his first season at OU in 1981.

If OU goes 7-9 with this roster, I see no reason to believe Jeff Capel will be capable of competing in the Big XII. I don't remotely think OU will be 7-9 but if it happens OU basketball has major problems because it means OU made a big hiring mistake.

Wow... in a season where it is completely obvious that the Big 12 is full of good to great teams, you would seriously call for Coach Capel's job if the three McDonald's All-American players that he recruited don't play well enough to have a winning conference record?

You do realize why OU has so little depth don't you? If I recall correctly Sampson left and caused a mass exodus and the Sooners and Coach Capel are trying to build the program back up. I think considering these specific circumstances and the fact that OU is currently on a six game winning streak that you as a Sooners fan would be willing to temper your skepticism and tone down the "sky is falling" diatribe.

If, and I mean IF OU does wind up with a losing record then we can revisit this inane line of conversation. Until then give me specific reasons from the here and now why you want to can one of the best young coaches in the game. Or better yet, don't.

You do realize why OU has so little depth don't you? If I recall correctly Sampson left and caused a mass exodus and the Sooners and Coach Capel are trying to build the program back up.

Seriously?

Our depth problems have nothing at all to do with Kelvin at this point. Not even a little bit.

And while I wouldn't call for Capel to be fired if we go 7-9, I certainly think it would be pointing to some potential problems with the program. OU has rebuilt with young talent before, and not suffered through a losing season.

I hate predictions like this, and I'll tell you why.....too much changes. If OU or another team has significant injuries. If OU or another team gets off to a bad conference start and quits. And so on and so on.

That said, as things stand today, I voted 8-8, and I see a decent chance at 9-7. I would be shocked, absolutely floored if this team wins 10 conference games.

your not serious? improved, what areas have they improved?

You are blind/don't want to see if you can't see the difference between how this team played in Alaska and how it is playing now.

For starters, look no farther than the our two top frosh, TMG and Tiny. Both are hustling on defense and really putting effort. Neither did that to start the year.

Cade and Crocker have both turned their games up in a big way.

You are blind/don't want to see if you can't see the difference between how this team played in Alaska and how it is playing now.

For starters, look no farther than the our two top frosh, TMG and Tiny. Both are hustling on defense and really putting effort. Neither did that to start the year.

Cade and Crocker have both turned their games up in a big way.

this team is NO better than were the 1st game of the season, that being said, i'm not saying fire anyone or run someone off, but this team is has its problems, can they get better, yes if Willie decides to get after it, if not we are looking at 7-9 or 8-8 in conference.

Back