Prediction Time!

9-9

We are playing in OKC in hopes of drawing a decent crowd. In case you haven’t noticed there aren’t many fans in the seats of LNC. Student attendance is dismal so need to worry about them not showing up for the game.

ISU: W
@KU: L
BU: W
@OSU: L
TTU: L
@WVU: L
UT: W
@TCU: W

Took one upset win and loss. Hoping we can win all home games but will be tough. No confidence in our ability to finish on the road but we will have the better team @OSU and @TCU. I think BU and TTU home games are tossups.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vs Iowa State - W
at Kansas L
vs Baylor W
at OSU W
vs T Tech W
at WV W
vs Texas W
at TCU W

12-6

If I had to guess, I would say we beat ISU and Texas, lose at KU and WVA, and split the two other home (Baylor and Tech) and road (OSU and TCU) games. I think we are better than OSU and TCU but we struggle too much on the road for me to be confident that we will win both. And I think Tech and Baylor are both winnable but very tough games. So 9-9 is my guess, but wouldn't be surprised to be a game off either direction.

that's what i'm thinking....we just are too inconsistent.

vs Iowa State - W
at Kansas L
vs Baylor W
at OSU W
vs T Tech W
at WV W
vs Texas W
at TCU W

12-6

Glass half full kinda guy eh? This would land us a top 6 seed for sure. Unfortunately it wont happen

Manek has turned it up.... Getting more help from Harmon, kur, and Williams. The problems of a few months ago might not be problems today.

This team could go on a run.

Manek has turned it up.... Getting more help from Harmon, kur, and Williams. The problems of a few months ago might not be problems today.

This team could go on a run.

Big problem that has shown no sign of going away is the guards' inability to make 3's.
Big problem that may have been solved, the guards aren't shooting as many 3s. It seems Lon finally clamped down on them. (only shot 4 against WVU Saturday).

9-9

We are playing in OKC in hopes of drawing a decent crowd. In case you haven’t noticed there aren’t many fans in the seats of LNC. Student attendance is dismal so need to worry about them not showing up for the game.

I hear you, but I don't think the number of OU fans will be that much larger than in Norman, and the loss of familiarity with the home court overrides (in my view) any minor bump in attendance.

The game being in a larger arena may help Tech more than OU -- they traveled very well to Austin a few days back, and I imagine they'll do the same to OKC.

Last edited:
This is correct. They have had a bunch of focus groups regarding attendance at the LNC and a lot of the complaints from the OKC crowd involve getting down to Norman on a work night. So, they've moved a couple of games downtown and......they get the same number.

They are trying anything to improve the attendance. But you're going to have to win a bunch of games to move the needle anymore. The Thunder gobbled up all the fans on the periphery. There are 5,000 who are die-hard attenders, but the 2,500-4,000 who used to be 50-50 are in the Thunder's corner now.

I hear you, but I don't think the number of OU fans will be that much larger than in Norman, and the loss of familiarity with the home court overrides (in my view) any minor bump in attendance.

The game being in a larger arena may help Tech more than OU -- they traveled very well to Austin a few days back, and I imagine they'll do the same to OKC.

I agree with all of this. The lnc has different sight lines than the peake. That plus the additional 7,000 tickets available could make this a “road” game if those 7,000 go to tech fans

big and skyvue... agreeing on the arena thing. See, progress is being made!

9-9 it is. Should have been better but also could have been worse. We couldn’t beat the bottom dwellers on the road

9-9 it is. Should have been better but also could have been worse. We couldn’t beat the bottom dwellers on the road
Interesting looking at the predictions after the refresh. Missed my prediction record by one game- the Texas game.

If I look back at the conference season, two games are all that I feel we shouldn't have let it go the other way- @ OSU- no effort, no toughness, and the game last week against Texas. Extremely disappointed in the effort for about 30 of the 40 minutes in Ames and Manhattan, but those are games we probably lose almost every year. There were a couple of games I wish we would have finished better and pull out the W at Tech and Baylor, but we were dogs and those were road games where the chances at winning are around 22%.

If we could have played to our capabilities against the orange rivals, that's 11-7 in league, 21-10 overall, still the #3 seed in KC, but maybe a chance to play into a #6 in the tourney.

As for the remaining slate, I say we go 10-8, but in that stretch, we win a game we shouldn't (Baylor or @WV) and also lose a game we shouldn't (@osu or @tcu).

Well....I was half right. Should not have lost to Texas (fluke)....so I'm claiming this as a moral victory.:D

Pretty sure I was 8/10 or 9/9 early on...

Ah well, we’ll see how b12 goes.

Back