Question about LNC

ou1987

Reaction score
Does the security at the LNC let people move to the lower bowl at a certain point in the game? The lower section was almost empty and our group tried to go down there a few mins into the game and they checked our tickets saw a few other people get turned back so we just found some good seats midcourt at the bottom of the upperdeck

Does the security at the LNC let people move to the lower bowl at a certain point in the game? The lower section was almost empty and our group tried to go down there a few mins into the game and they checked our tickets saw a few other people get turned back so we just found some good seats midcourt at the bottom of the upperdeck

The way it was last year, and I would hope this year, is that after the 1st media timeout, you can move down to the lower bowl.... There may also be a stipulation that you cannot move down into a "donor" seat. (i.e. the padded seats). That last part may not be an issue, but it could be as well. I cannot say for sure.

Got my season tickets today and as I sat in my seat near the rafters I wondered why there were still so many open seats in the lower level for the whole game.

(Note to self: never buy season tickets from box office five minutes before the tip off again... there were some perturbed people in line behind me)

Attendance: 10,490

I was thinking more like 6k in actual attendance, what did it look like to you guys?

donors...(who don't attend games :))

Last edited by a moderator:
Attendance: 10,490

I was thinking more like 6k in actual attendance, what did it look like to you guys?

And you were closer to being right than you realized. The number of tickets sold was 10,490. Estimated attendance (that's the number actually counted at the entrances) was 6,741.

And you were closer to being right than you realized. The number of tickets sold was 10,490. Estimated attendance (that's the number actually counted at the entrances) was 6,741.
That seems a little generous, crowd was really a disappointment to me.

Place seemed pretty dead to me although there was some high level basketball being played.

My son and I sit in the high dollar seats every year, midcourt, few rows up. We get these seats just about till confrence play starts. If, when the rent a security cops ask, I just say we are going to say hi to a friend. Move down to lower level seats when you can, it's easy. Just don't sit in my seats!!

Sad that the majority of the donors don't show til Kansas, OSU or UT game. We have 4 donor seats and probably the 10 seats next to us have yet to have a consistent butt in them for the last 4 years.

Sad that the majority of the donors don't show til Kansas, OSU or UT game. We have 4 donor seats and probably the 10 seats next to us have yet to have a consistent butt in them for the last 4 years.

I have never understood this, couldn't they donate unused tix to some charity and get a tax write off? To just let them go unused is simply LAZY and a disservice to the team and university. We have cheap season tickets in N1, and if for some reason we can't make it, I make sure they get used by someone. It is not that hard.

I don't really want to get started on this. Crowd was horrible for a season opener, even by our standards. I'm fortunate enough to sit in the donor section, and the two seats to my left and right were empty every game last year but Texas, Kansas and OSU. I really think it's time to lower the prices to sit in the lower level.

Back