Quick look at first opponent.... Northwestern State

thebigabd

Reaction score
PG: Emareyon McDonald (6'2'' 165)
-True freshman. A consensus three-star recruit who some services rated as a four-star prospect … ranked the top point guard in the state, a top-35 point guard national and a top-10 overall prospect in Louisiana … averaged nearly 19 points per game as a senior as he made the Class 5A All-State team … was the MVP of the coaches all-state team … scored 1,945 career points

SG: LaTerrance Reed (6'1'' 190)
-Appeared in 29 games, starting 15, including the final 13 of the season ... finished second on the team in 3-point shooting percentage (38.8) and third in made 3s (38) ...

SG: Cedric Garrett (6'5'' 205)
-Transfer from Murray State. Averaged 12 points and five rebounds as a sophomore while shooting 41 percent from 3-point range … third-team all-conference performer … as a freshman, made the All-Region Tournament team after averaging 10 points an dive rebounds during the season

PF: Kendal Coleman (6'8'' 220)
-Averaged 7 points and 6.5 rebounds per game as a true freshman. led Northwestern State in blocks with 33 and had three four-block games and two more with three. also topped the team in rebounds (188) and rebounding average (6.5).

C: Larry Owens (6'8'' 275)
-Averaged 7 points and 4 rebounds per game.

They bring a guy off the bench, Carvel Teasett (tea set, yes).... who averaged 9 points and 2 assists per game. Good 3pt shooter, 6th man kind of guy.

I suspect a pretty easy 15-20 point win (on an average night) in this game for Oklahoma.. They have lots of new players and are an average Southland Conference team...

Will be a big rise in competition from Rogers State, but this should be an easy win. Good prep for the team as they head into that East Carolina game that should be a good challenge.

I appreciate these posts. Thank you.

I suspect a pretty easy 15-20 point win (on an average night) in this game for Oklahoma.. They have lots of new players and are an average Southland Conference team...

Tech beat them 101-58 last year. If we only win by 15, I'm going to start getting concerned.

Tech beat them 101-58 last year. If we only win by 15, I'm going to start getting concerned.

Yea but they only lost to TCU by 6.... #1 Gonzaga by 17.... and Washington State by 10.

So beating them by 15-20 would be in the same range as the #1 team in the country last year... It can happen.

If OU just plays average, they'll win by 20... If OU plays well, it could stretch to 25+... You don't get a ton of those in a season.

Last edited:
Back