Rank the Big 12 recruiting classes (2009)

-I put Oklahoma State at #9 because they lost their best recruit, but gained some ground with a good transfer (Matt Pilgrim).. All said, their best recruit will play spot minutes next year because he is behind Anderson and Muenolo. Outside of Pilgrim, I dont see much production in this class. Their 2010 class is going to be much better than this one.

Doubtful. Not according to the rankings at least.

The problem blh111, is that you said "They" are still saying. You have one quote of someone's opinion that says he may be the most polished offensive player not the best.

I think Cheno is definitely underrating Hamilton in terms of his skill and impact but I don't think you would find many who would believe that Hamilton is better offensively than Wall, Bradley, Henry, Boynton, Stephenson, or Cousins.

"
cheno just because you haven't heard it doesn't mean it's Texas fans saying it. No need to say please again cheno, but I'll go ahead and say you're welcome before you say thank you. I think you're the only one in the country acting as if Hamilton doesn't really count. This is what ESPN had to say about him.

Where did I ever say Hamilton didn't count? I am counting him....I'm just not sold that he's as good as you think he is. I'm not counting on him being the guy that puts Texas class over KU & OU. That is what I said. KU and OU have LOADED classes. Bradley, Henry & Gallon are all right there together. All #1 recruits in there classes and flat out studs. Take them away (as if they neutralize each other) and compare the 3 schools classes and Texas is 3rd behind KU's and OU's. And just because Hamilton was good at some event in 2008 doesn't prove anything. Good for him. What did he do in the Jordan Brand Classic All Star game.....nothing. You can get all defensive all you want but you acting like Texas class is that much better is silly. Look at the RSCI rankings that were put up above. Scout has KU ranked ahead of Texas in the team rankings. I'm sure others do as well as OU. It's all subjective.

I think Cheno is definitely underrating Hamilton in terms of his skill and impact but I don't think you would find many who would believe that Hamilton is better offensively than Wall, Bradley, Henry, Boynton, Stephenson, or Cousins.

I'm not underrating him as much as that I'm not sold on he makes Texas class BETTER than KU's and OU's. He needs to be a stud for that to happen because I don't think Shawne Williams will do much early on. I think he's a project where as KU and OU have multiple guys that will be very good. Again, I'd take Thomas Robinson & TMG over Hamilton right now. They don't have question marks, they are equally or close to as talented and they probably are at least 3 year guys. It won't surprise me at all if Hamilton goes one and done and gets drafted 2nd round after leaving after his freshmen year and never makes a name for himself. I could be wrong.

I am still just in awe that Texas has basketball fans on the internets. Who would have knew! Welcome, my horn-clad friend! Let's just hope that you hate on Kansas as much as I do. :dance005:

BigTime's love affair with UT makes me want to throw up in my mouth. Give me the Jayhawks and their fans any day.

BigTime's love affair with UT makes me want to throw up in my mouth. Give me the Jayhawks and their fans any day.

Tejas hoops fans (all 5 of them) are harmless. Jayhawk fans are intolerable on many levels.

Give me the Jayhawks and their fans any day.

Atta boy DFW!!!!!!!!! At least us Beakers love basketball. To Texas fans it's just something to kill time until spring football.

And maybe I'm underestimating Texas class a bit. Okay, I probably am. But heck, they always have great classes and never do anything with it so in the grand scheme of things who cares. :chestram2:

DFW, don't be surprised when my birthday party invite doesn't come in the mail.
nono.gif

Tejas hoops fans (all 5 of them) are harmless. Jayhawk fans are intolerable on many levels.

No doubt. I live in Lakeway, Texas (a suburb of Austin) and you rarely even meet a Texas basketball fan. As a general rule people don't talk about the bsketball games or the players. Obviously it is on the news and typically the lead story (once football season is over) but the University of Texas and the University of Oklahoma are extremely similar when it comes to fan support for basketball and I would contend OU has more fan support. I think you are more likely to hear about a Spurs game in Austin than a Texas game.

DFW, don't be surprised when my birthday party invite doesn't come in the mail.
nono.gif

He does not know what he says, Ftothethirdpower. He is totally isolated from the scum that we know as KU.

I wouldn't discount Franklin in this class because he will back up OSU's strongest position. Muonelo will definitely be gone next year and Anderson might be gone next year. A year from now, which one of these recruits can OSU least afford to lose? Franklin.

We won't know until next spring. This hoops season will be a very important transition season for OSU. Which direction? Nobody knows. Many eyes will be on Stillwater. It could be a Capel type recruiting class but it could also be a Sean Sutton type recruiting class.

Record wise I think we'll be similar to where we were this past year. In the Johnson v. Pilgrim deal we lose some explosiveness and gain some maturity. I think numbers wise it is probably pretty even.

Ford is going to have to tell someone to walk. Assuming James Anderson goes pro, we are full. Brown and Williams are both expected to move up the rankings so OSU will be getting two 4 star wings. My guess is that a guy like Akol, Sidorakis or whoever comes in 3rd in the PG race will be bumped for a more talented player (Clark, Cobbins, Washburn etc)

He does not know what he says, Ftothethirdpower. He is totally isolated from the scum that we know as KU.

You boys are probably right. I might feel differently if I lived in Kansas or Missouri. I despised UNC growing up in Maryland. I despise UT now that I live in Texas. I usually pull for the underdog. So, you can extrapolate that to a hatred for KU basketball if I lived closer :)

There are plenty of good folks who went to UT and root for them. I have many as clients and neighbors. But the average UT t-shirt fan is almost unbearable. If my son brings friends over with UT gear on, I replace that crap with something more suitable for my home and then give them the UT stuff when they depart. I'm sure the parents whisper behind my back...

You boys are probably right. I might feel differently if I lived in Kansas or Missouri. I despised UNC growing up in Maryland. I despise UT now that I live in Texas. I usually pull for the underdog. So, you can extrapolate that to a hatred for KU basketball if I lived closer :)

There are plenty of good folks who went to UT and root for them. I have many as clients and neighbors. But the average UT t-shirt fan is almost unbearable. If my son brings friends over with UT gear on, I replace that crap with something more suitable for my home and then give them the UT stuff when they depart. I'm sure the parents whisper behind my back...

Haha good stuff.

Where did I ever say Hamilton didn't count? I am counting him....I'm just not sold that he's as good as you think he is. I'm not counting on him being the guy that puts Texas class over KU & OU. That is what I said. KU and OU have LOADED classes. Bradley, Henry & Gallon are all right there together. All #1 recruits in there classes and flat out studs. Take them away (as if they neutralize each other) and compare the 3 schools classes and Texas is 3rd behind KU's and OU's. And just because Hamilton was good at some event in 2008 doesn't prove anything. Good for him. What did he do in the Jordan Brand Classic All Star game.....nothing. You can get all defensive all you want but you acting like Texas class is that much better is silly. Look at the RSCI rankings that were put up above. Scout has KU ranked ahead of Texas in the team rankings. I'm sure others do as well as OU. It's all subjective.

You're the one that acted silly off top with your "please" comment as if only Texas fans thought it. Call it defensive or whatever you want, your comment was just flat out arrogant and wrong. So I showed proof that not only Texas fans think so. I'll take their word and Rivals number 6 ranking over your word. And you can't just take the #1 recruit in each class away, that's stupid. Bradley is better than Tiny, so he has to average in. "as if they neutralize", thats funny. As a matter of fact, average the ranking of the recruits and Texas has a better class than ou hands down. You don't get to make up weak rules to determine who has the better class. That's called bias.

And these people that you're sure that have ou over Texas, you'll never find it fella. I'll wait.

But as you said, we'll see, because it is subjective.

Last edited:

T-shirt fan. That is usually the comment that the fan of a school with no fans make. Who is your squad?

I think we have just as many fans as ou and more. Most basketball talk from Texas fans occur on Hornfans.

But I talk basketball just as much as football. Ask any ou fan from the old board.

Back