Rank the Big 12 recruiting classes (2009)

Atta boy DFW!!!!!!!!! At least us Beakers love basketball. To Texas fans it's just something to kill time until spring football.

And maybe I'm underestimating Texas class a bit. Okay, I probably am. But heck, they always have great classes and never do anything with it so in the grand scheme of things who cares. :chestram2:

Or a fan like myself loves both, and I know we'll be very good at both sports. Schools like Texas and ou can do that. But big ups to the beakers.

T-shirt fan. That is usually the comment that the fan of a school with no fans make. Who is your squad?

I root for Florida in college football. Kentucky in college basketball. I whip out my Lakers t-shirt for pro basketball and of course I am a huge fan of the Pittsburgh Steelers in football.

Your five previous posts remind me of the hapless drivel that I have come to expect from fans of Texas.

Last edited:
I root for Florida in college football. Kentucky in college basketball. I whip out my Lakers t-shirt for pro basketball and of course I am a huge fan of the Pittsburgh Steelers in football.

Your five previous posts remind me of the hapless drivel that I have come to expect from fans of Texas.

Exactly, scared to anounce it because you know I'm right on. Your post reaks of a coward, but I expect that from fans of a lame basketball and football program. See, I can do that also.

Well this just got a lot more interesting, does anybody else want some popcorn?

Exactly, scared to anounce it because you know I'm right on. Your post reaks of a coward, but I expect that from fans of a lame basketball and football program. See, I can do that also.

I root for the last big 12 team that you all played in basketball. And it was an amazing feat considering Barnes' butt buddy John Higgin$ was refereeing that game.

:fexas-logo:

I root for the last big 12 team that you all played in basketball. And it was an amazing feat considering Barnes' butt buddy John Higgin$ was refereeing that game.

:fexas-logo:

"butt buddy"

I didn't get it at first, but with that type of lingo I get the type of cat I'm communicating with.

As far as Barnes, I've noticed all your conspiracy theories on him with extra BS on top. You're too in love with drew, love blinds. By the way, how did your boys do in the tournament, was it amazing?

I like Texas just fine, it's Miami that I can't stand. A bunch of clowns down there.

*waits*

(I might be the only one on this board that even knows this)

*waits*

You're the one that acted silly off top with your "please" comment as if only Texas fans thought it. Call it defensive or whatever you want, your comment was just flat out arrogant and wrong. So I showed proof that not only Texas fans think so.

:ez-laugh: You showed proof? Where exactly have you shown proof that multiple people outside of Texas fans have said Jordan Hamilton is the best offensive player in the country? Who has said this? That's he's the best.
:ez-laugh:

Gotta love an overzealous fan of a wannabe program.
But hey...you may be right...but I'm certainly right in the fact Texas always has all this great talent and still can't ever get the job done. Win something bud with all that talent and get back with me.

And you can't just take the #1 recruit in each class away, that's stupid. Bradley is better than Tiny, so he has to average in. "as if they neutralize", thats funny. As a matter of fact, average the ranking of the recruits and Texas has a better class than ou hands down. You don't get to make up weak rules to determine who has the better class. That's called bias.
I didn't say take them away. Reading comprehension is a good thing. I said that Henry, Bradley and Gallon are all studs and neutralize each other when comparing classes. Then look beyond that. You say average the rankings of the recruits between Texas and OU. Okay here you go using RSCI (which is EXACTLY that...average of all the key rankings...why you keep only using Rivals shows your bias).

Texas
Avery Bradley #4
Jordan Hamilton #22
Shawn Willimas $55

Kansas
Xavier Henry #6
Elijah Johnson #25
Thomas Robinson #26

Oklahoma
Keith Gallon #9
TMG #30
Andrew Fitzgerald #81

As you can see KU would clearly be ahead of Texas. And that doesn't even include CJ Henry. And OU is right there and throw in Pledger and I'd take OU's. You act like there is such a huge difference between #4 and #9. That's silly.

Last edited:
I would take the horns class over the jayhawks class anyday.

I would take the horns class over the jayhawks class anyday.
Not me! LSU fans are the worst in the country and Horn fans aren't far behind.

If you took a poll across the country and asked "which are the worst fans, OU football or KU basketball" I will bet money that "OU football" would get the most votes, and I doubt if it would be close. If you asked "which school has the worst fans (in general), OU or KU", OU would definitely get the most votes.

:ez-laugh: You showed proof? Where exactly have you shown proof that multiple people outside of Texas fans have said Jordan Hamilton is the best offensive player in the country? Who has said this? That's he's the best.
:ez-laugh:

Gotta love an overzealous fan of a wannabe program.
But hey...you may be right...but I'm certainly right in the fact Texas always has all this great talent and still can't ever get the job done. Win something bud with all that talent and get back with me.

I didn't say take them away. Reading comprehension is a good thing. I said that Henry, Bradley and Gallon are all studs and neutralize each other when comparing classes. Then look beyond that. You say average the rankings of the recruits between Texas and OU. Okay here you go using RSCI (which is EXACTLY that...average of all the key rankings...why you keep only using Rivals shows your bias).

Texas
Avery Bradley #4
Jordan Hamilton #22
Shawn Willimas $55

Kansas
Xavier Henry #6
Elijah Johnson #25
Thomas Robinson #26

Oklahoma
Keith Gallon #9
TMG #30
Andrew Fitzgerald #81

As you can see KU would clearly be ahead of Texas. And that doesn't even include CJ Henry. And OU is right there and throw in Pledger and I'd take OU's. You act like there is such a huge difference between #4 and #9. That's silly.

Fella, don't flip flop when things don't work out for you. You made the comment of who thinks that Hamilton has the best offensive game in the country, Texas fans, "please". I showed proof that somebody on ESPN thought he was the best offensive player in the country. Case closed there, you can go back and forth with yourself on it. I know you'll kill yourself before admitting you're wrong.

As far as ku, I said I can understand you saying they have the better class, but not ou.

As far as the Texas talent, they haven't stayed around long enough to get the job done. But hey, that's a chance you take when you recruit those type of players. But you have to get started some where. No shame in what Texas has done with the talent they've had, and how long the talent has stuck around.

"UT is one of just eight programs to have advanced to each of the last 10 NCAA Tournaments, joining Arizona, Duke, Gonzaga, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan State and Wisconsin."

"UT is one of only three programs to have advanced to at least the "Sweet 16" of the NCAA Tournament in five of the last seven seasons, joining Duke and Kansas"

Barnes is changing the face of Texas basketball. Not bad for a "wanna be" program.

"I didn't say take them away. Reading comprehension is a good thing."

WOW! This is what you said, and again, you're welcome fella.

"Take them away (as if they neutralize each other)"

Maybe you should work on that "good thing" you spoke of, especially when you can't comprehend your own writing. Or maybe you're just flip flopping again. But you didn't really mean it though huh, "silly". No wonder we keep going over the same info. You never really say anything you said. You can pay for school cheno but you can't buy class. But again, you'll kill yourself before admitting you're wrong.

That's why I said you can't take them away, average them in, because 4 is higher than 9 and it will make a differnce when you average things.. But if you can't comprehend your own writing I don't expect you to be able to do anything that has to do with numbers, so I'll do it for you; without taking anybody away as you said, or you didn't say, or you did say.

Texas:4+22+55=81. 81/3=27
ou-9+30+81=120. 120/3=40

NO BIAS FELLA, that would be you. I used the numbers you chose, now what.

Big difference overall. ou is not right there as you claimed. Should I quote you on that before you claim you didn't say that either. Then you said something earlier about other new players coming in to the schools. So throw in J. Brown for Texas also and whom ever else ou has coming in. That extends the difference out even further. Then we can add on Jai if you choose to, but only if you want to. I wouldn't want you to think I'm biased. You're released from class but you have homework. Work on that "good thing" you spoke of.

Last edited:
Not me! LSU fans are the worst in the country and Horn fans aren't far behind.

If you took a poll across the country and asked "which are the worst fans, OU football or KU basketball" I will bet money that "OU football" would get the most votes, and I doubt if it would be close. If you asked "which school has the worst fans (in general), OU or KU", OU would definitely get the most votes.

haha I meant recruiting class.

Of course OU football would win. College football is way more popular than college basketball, and therefore, more folks would have likely encountered "bad" OU fans.

I think you may love Kansas as much as I despise them, norm. Never seen you make a bad comment about the Jayhawks. I actually liked Kansas hoops (was born in KC) until I was old enough to realize how pompous and entitled they can be. I don't know how I am going to stand it when I go up to AFH next year for our game against KU.

Me too, because I think Bradley and Hamilton are both superstar type players.

Bradley is going to be an absolute stud. I can't wait for the OU/Texas game in Norman. Should be a real battle.

blh,

In reading your discussions on this thread, I feel like you are omitting Steven Pledger. Although he didn't make the RSCI rankings, he is going to be an impact college player. I think that gives OU's class a little more clout.

That's why I said you can't take them away, average them in, because 4 is higher than 9 and it will make a differnce when you average things.. But if you can't comprehend your own writing I don't expect you to be able to do anything that has to do with numbers, so I'll do it for you; without taking anybody away as you said, or you didn't say, or you did say.

Texas:4+22+55=81. 81/3=27
ou-9+30+81=120. 120/3=40

NO BIAS FELLA, that would be you. I used the numbers you chose, now what.
Although I agree that Texas had a better recruiting class than OU, calculating arithmetic means is a horrible way of justifying it. The talent differential between the #1 prospect and the #50 prospect in the country is much larger than the differential between the #101 prospect and the #150 prospect.

Say we have Team A and Team B, whose recruits are ranked like this:

Team A: #1, #2, #147
Team B: #48, #49, #50

Team A has an average prospect ranking of 50 (150/3=50), and Team B has an average of 49 (147/3=49). However, pretty much anyone would take Team A's recruits over Team B's because Team A has more elite talent. There's a reason no one would trade the #1 and the #31 picks in the NBA draft for the #14 and #16 picks despite the latter two picks having a lower arithmetic mean. The further down you go in the draft, the more marginal the talent differential between prospects. It's no different in recruiting rankings.

Bradley is going to be an absolute stud. I can't wait for the OU/Texas game in Norman. Should be a real battle.

blh,

In reading your discussions on this thread, I feel like you are omitting Steven Pledger. Although he didn't make the RSCI rankings, he is going to be an impact college player. I think that gives OU's class a little more clout.

I think Pledger will do his thing, but when I add in J. Brown I think that pushes the advantage up for Texas even further. So I'm not taking anything away from him, I just averaged the ranking of players that cheno put in his last post. But as I already said, adding Brown and Pledger to the list still gives Texas a boost in the average. I know ou has a talented class coming in.

I think Pledger will do his thing, but when I add in J. Brown I think that pushes the advantage up for Texas even further. So I'm not taking anything away from him, I just averaged the ranking of players that cheno put in his last post. But as I already said, adding Brown and Pledger to the list still gives Texas a boost in the average. I know ou has a talented class coming in.

Yeah, OU is recruiting at a high level. Nabbing the best player in Texas two years in a row helps for sure (Yes, I know that Williams won one of the awards, but let's be real, TMG is better).

Yeah, I ranked UT's class higher. I was just pointing out that Pledger will be a good player. If you are going to count Brown, then you got to count the goofy white kid for KU, but I still give the edge to the horns....

Back