Recruiting ? for Henzo

chasephill68

Reaction score
I know OU has to be in on some new targets since Lamb has eliminated us.. Do you know who? and what JUCO's are we in on? Also any other forwards that we are in on?

Man, I would like to know this to....it seems like some names should be popping up with their interests level. We have an oppertunity here to have a HUGE recruiting class if we can get one more high level athelete. We also need a few bigs, if we can get a guy like jones or someone similiar that is a hybrid four, I think we can settle for a big body at the center position that is more of a rebounder/shot blocker than a scorer

I know OU has to be in on some new targets since Lamb has eliminated us.. Do you know who? and what JUCO's are we in on? Also any other forwards that we are in on?

Recruiting is slow right now. Plain and simple. Players are playing and coaches are coaching. That's not to say recruiting isn't going on -- it's just hard to uncover those things when the recruits aren't talking much.

If the past is any indication, OU coaches are focusing in on some guys, and I believe a lot of the scouting on those players (especially JUCO) has and will be done this month.

However, I do have a list of guys the Sooners have contacted or could have contact with over the next few weeks.

Ricardo Ratliffe - PF - Central Florida C.C. - 6'8" - 215 lbs
- Rated as the top JUCO recruit by Rivals.

Aziz N'Diaye - C - College of Southern Idaho - 7'1" - 230 lbs
- Injured this season, will have three years to play college ball. Tremendous size, great shot blocker.

Illiwa Baldwin - PF - Pratt C.C. - 6'11" - 260 lbs
- Austrailia native. Very good rebounder and shot blocker with great size.

Jon Horford - PF - Grand Ledge, MI - 6'9" - 190 lbs
- Great genes, brother is Al of the Atlanta Hawks.

Maurice Walker - C - Brewster Academy - 6'10" - 270 lbs
- Huge defensive presence. OU has a great relationship with Brewster coaches.

Brice Kofane - PF - Miller School, VA - 6'8" - 220 lbs
- Underrated guy. Very raw offensively, but he's long and athletic. Very good shot blocker and rebounder.

Remi Dibo - PF - Beckley, WV - 6'8" - 230 lbs
- Stock rising on this guy. French native will likely have a lot of the top teams after him over the next few months.

Theodore Boyomo - PF - Kent, CT - 6'9"
- Cameroon native who is developing quickly. Right now, a force on the defensive end.

Beas Hamga - C - Weatherford C.C. - 7'0"
- Absolutely huge specimen, but commitment is questionable. As a five-star out of high school he signed with UNLV, transferred to Valparaiso, and then transferred to Weatherford Community College.

Bernard Webb - C - Barton County C.C. - 6'9" - 230 lbs
- Three years to play in college. Don't know much about him other than his name.

- Damien Robinson - C - Gateway Inst. Of Technology, MO - 7'0" - 255 lbs
- True center, which may not be what OU is looking for, but obviously has great size.

Paul Bunch - C - North Lawndale College Prep, IL - 6'11" - 225 lbs
- Still a pretty raw post player, but has great size.

Jason Carter - PF - CLC Academy, TX - 6'8" - 225 lbs
- Not sure if he's what OU needs, in my opinion, but he's a big body in the paint with great skills at the 4.

J.P. Kambola - PF - St. Benedict's Prep - 6'9" - 220 lbs
- Defensive presence at this point, great shot blocker. Very raw offensively.

Calvin Godfrey - PF - Robbinsdale, MN - 6'8" - 215 lbs
- Hard worker with good height and athleticism. Very slim, but has the tools (from his description to me) to be a very good collegiate player.

Godwin Okonji - PF - Findlay Prep - 6'8" - 225 lbs
- Nigeria native. Stock has risen and a good senior season at Findlay will certainly get him plenty of attention.

Diyaaldin Kelley - C - Harcum C.C. - 6'11
- May be too raw for a JUCO. Great size and a long wingspan.

Last edited:
Also, anything new on Terrence Jones?

He and his mother both have stopped talking to guys like me for the time being. Seems to me that he's focused on his senior season, and I think that's exactly what he should be doing. I know the fans want info, but there's just nothing new.

If I catch up with him, or hear anything, I'll certainly report it.

Remi Dibo - PF - Beckley, WV - 6'8" - 230 lbs
- Stock rising on this guy. French native will likely have a lot of the top teams after him over the next few months.

Alot of people are raving about this guy.

Maurice Walker - C - Brewster Academy - 6'10" - 270 lbs
- Huge defensive presence. OU has a great relationship with Brewster coaches.

Pittsburgh and KU are recruiting him.

Beas Hamga - C - Weatherford C.C. - 7'0"
- Absolutely huge specimen, but commitment is questionable. As a five-star out of high school he signed with UNLV, transferred to Valparaiso, and then transferred to Weatherford Community College.

He's been linked to more schools than tiger woods to women.

Judging by the fact that every guy is over 6'8 is very telling. I would love to have Ratliffe, Horsford, or Dibo.

Last edited:
I like the fact that we are in on some BIG guys! several of them....Even if we bring in say 3 of the taller guys and only one pans out....having the two taller dudes for practice would be big time for getting ready against people like utah

FWIW, just read an update on Horford on Scout and he didn't list us. Sounds like Michigan leads and then he also listed Alabama, Kentucky, Providence and Minnesota. He said Kentucky hasn't offered him but has started calling and wants him to watch a game there.

So it sounds like we're already behind the 8-ball on this one, but it is still early in the late signing period process and I bet if Capel makes a strong push we could get a visit. We'll see.

Would obviously love to have Ratliffe, and hopefully Pledger can help us on that front.

Also, Maurice Walker is scheduled to visit KU this weekend. Also, Dibo has a chance to be a Luol Deng type player for whatever school he goes to.

http://www.slamonline.com/online/college-hs/high-school/2009/11/prep-days/

Remi Dibo | 6-8 | SF/PF | Mountain State Academy (WV) | 2010
After spending the last few campaigns at Stoneridge Prep in California, Dibo relocated to West Virginia with a new swagger to his game. Originally from France, he came to the QEA tourney with a refined jumper and ability to get to the rim off of the bounce. He still has a few holes in his game that he’ll need to sure up before he hits the collegiate hardwood, but don’t be surprised to see this sleeper land at a high-major program this spring.

Alot of rebounders and shot blockers.

I'll take the 6'11 Australian dude. Those guys are pretty tenacious on D and can really rebound, see Andrew Bogut.

He and his mother both have stopped talking to guys like me for the time being. Seems to me that he's focused on his senior season, and I think that's exactly what he should be doing. I know the fans want info, but there's just nothing new.

If I catch up with him, or hear anything, I'll certainly report it.

Thanks!

I like the fact that we are in on some BIG guys! several of them....Even if we bring in say 3 of the taller guys and only one pans out....having the two taller dudes for practice would be big time for getting ready against people like utah

He's a little too heavy for me. We've got enough of that right now. Eloy Vargas is probably the hottest juco prospect out there. I don't know if we're conceeding him to UK, but I would love to see OU get in on him. I am also interested to see how this Terrence Ross thing plays out. I think the list makes it obvious that ou is looking for shotblocking and rebounding. The problem is that the juco guys are a crapshoot and the high school guys won't be instant impact guys. Ratliffe and dibo are the best players and the most sure thing of the list.

Last edited:
I just hope if we get a big man that we play them. I would hate for them to just sit on the bench for 2 or 3 years and not get any PT.

I just hope if we get a big man that we play them. I would hate for them to just sit on the bench for 2 or 3 years and not get any PT.

If you're refering to Allen, it's because he is such a liability defensively and condition wise. Allen is a pretty decent offensive player. I personally believe we need a guy cut in the mold of Varnardo or Udoh. A guy that can provide balance for Gallon and Fitz. If we don't get a guy that can counter Fitz's liabilities, he won't see much court. We can't play Fitz and Gallon together. We can't play Fitz and Allen together.

Found this article of Zagsblog about Majok Majok, a recruit who was talked about on this board a while back.

Ater Majok is a 6-foot-10 forward who just joined Jim Calhoun’s rotation at UConn and could make a major impact during the second half of the season.

His cousin, Majok Majok, is a 6-8 1/2, 230-pound senior big man with a 7-2 wingspan who plays for John Carroll at Northfield Mount Hermon (Mass.).

He has visited Fordham and Harvard officially so far and will make his decision in the spring. His list includes Alabama, Arkansas, Connecticut, Drexel, Fairfield, Fordham, George Mason, Georgia Tech, Harvard, Marquette, Missouri, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Providence, Rutgers, Stanford, St. Johns, St. Louis, Siena, Virginia, VCU and Virginia Tech.
“Majok is looking for a situation where he can play right away and the team gets out in transition,” said Edward P Smith, founder of the Sudanese Australian Youth Education & Sports (SaYES) Project Inc. “When I asked him what was important to him in the decision of where he goes to college, he responded ‘Academics, strong schedule, playing in the NCAA tournament (wins), getting better, playing with good guards, and a good social setting.’”
Smith says Majok “is a double-double machine.”
“Most of his work on the offensive end will be done on the blocks at the high school level,” he added. “He uses a series of drop steps, up and unders, and jump hooks to score. He has a soft touch and a fluid shot at the free throw line which will translate in college to trailing the break and spotting up or the pick and pop game. He does have a quick first step and is very explosive around the basket. On the break Majok has excellent speed and his conditioning has really improve at NMH. Good hands allows himto catch almost anything which he finishes with authority.

“Defensively, Majok is strong enough to guard the 4 and the 5 on the blocks and quick enough to guard a hybrid 4/3 on the perimeter. His enormous wingspan make him similar to a 6-10 player. His best area is rebounding where he is very good on both ends of the floor. Physically in college his frame will allow him to carry 245lb-250lb without losing explosiveness.”
Stay tuned for more on his recruitment.

Back