Andrew Fitzgerald 6-7 PF
Carl Blair 6-2 SG

FR(5)
Calvin Newell 6-0 PG
Cam Clark 6-7 SF
TJ Taylor 6-3 SG/PG
Tyler Neal 6-6 PF
Abdi Ahmed 6-10 C/PF(I think)

Walk-ons Ryan Randolph(So), TJ Franklin(Jr) and maybe Barry Honore(So)

SR(1)
Cade Davis 6-5 SG/SF

JR(2)
CJ Washington 6-7 PF
Nick Thompson 6-8 SF/PF

SO(4)
Steven Pledger 6-4 SG
Kyle Hardrick 6-8 SF/PF
Andrew Fitzgerald 6-7 PF
Carl Blair 6-2 SG

FR(5)
Calvin Newell 6-0 PG
Cam Clark 6-7 SF
TJ Taylor 6-3 SG/PG

Tyler Neal 6-6 PF

Those three guys in my opinion are a pretty solid guard class for the future....

Still hard to believe that we'll have eight new players next year. Wow.

crazy. im very excited to watch this team develop in the coming months. everyone will thrive b/c it's basically going to be open competition for every spot.

now we'll have to see what each of these guys' ceilings are, but i think it's a healthy environment nonetheless. bringing in some guys older JUCO guys who are probably not unlike minor league baseball players, where they've seen the grayer side of collegiate hoops and if they werent humbled a bit and hard workers, they'd never be holding a major conference D-1 scholly.

i cant believe Cade is a senior and is the only player to have witnessed the Griffin Bros. work ethic in the program. I would've thought their impact would've given the OU program a direction for years to come.

SR(1)
Cade Davis 6-5 SG/SF

JR(2)
CJ Washington 6-7 PF
Nick Thompson 6-8 SF/PF

SO(4)
Steven Pledger 6-4 SG
Kyle Hardrick 6-8 SF/PF
Andrew Fitzgerald 6-7 PF
Carl Blair 6-2 SG

FR(5)
Calvin Newell 6-0 PG
Cam Clark 6-7 SF
TJ Taylor 6-3 SG/PG

Tyler Neal 6-6 PF

So we basically have 9 guys that I think can come in and give us some impact...the rest of the guys are future players I believe

So to me looks like 3 post players and 6 wing players...that should work out perfect...if someone downlow gets in foul trouble we can still slide cade to the 4 and run a 4 guard attack

Nine players who are Freshman and Sophomores. Capel somehow pulled a class together that wasn't heavy juco. The best part is he has a Freshman at nearly every position. I hope atleast 75-80 percent of these guys pan out. I think we need to run the mizzou model and spread the minutes.

SR(1)
Cade Davis 6-5 SG/SF

JR(2)
CJ Washington 6-7 PF
Nick Thompson 6-8 SF/PF

SO(4)
Steven Pledger 6-4 SG
Kyle Hardrick 6-8 SF/PF
Andrew Fitzgerald 6-7 PF
Carl Blair 6-2 SG

FR(5)
Calvin Newell 6-0 PG
Cam Clark 6-7 SF
TJ Taylor 6-3 SG/PG
Tyler Neal 6-6 PF

None of these guys are expected to be one and done, right? If these guys can come together, OU will have a strong team for years to come. No doubt, Capel is a horse when it comes to recruiting.

None of these guys are expected to be one and done, right? If these guys can come together, OU will have a strong team for years to come. No doubt, Capel is a horse when it comes to recruiting.
How can anyone say this based on how his recruits have actually done?

How can anyone say this based on how his recruits have actually done?

Nick, he just brought in eight new players, six in the last month or so on short notice. Whether they are all "good" or not does not mean that he hasn't been out recruiting his tail off.

Nick your days of saying that are numbered. Coach Capel has had some guys he took a chance on, but that's the game man. You win some and you lose some. You'd better get ready to try and find something else to knack on Coach about. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!

Nick your days of saying that are numbered. Coach Capel has had some guys he took a chance on, but that's the game man. You win some and you lose some. You'd better get ready to try and find something else to knack on Coach about. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!
I'm looking at his track record not what some recruits may or may not do. This class better do well or Capel's days are numbered.

My only concern is that we only have 2 scholarships open for next season and we could use a serious influx of talent.

2 open already and Cade graduating, plus anyone leaving like this year. That is 3 minimum, you can get 3 solid players to help

2 open already and Cade graduating, plus anyone leaving like this year. That is 3 minimum, you can get 3 solid players to help

I count one open and with cade leaving thats two...not sure were you are getting your numbers

Back